Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 40th Anniversary of the Spanish Constitution. November - December, 2018.  (Read 15533 times)
SpainFan

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2018, 12:54:18 AM »

AC, I completeley agree. Obviously, it's for all of us to see that they are on the verge of divorce. QL has had to endure some harsh criticism for "overclapping".  According to a journalist,  such a cold, ruthless woman did that just to bother her father-in-law.
Olè QL and Olé KF ! Long Live the King!

Fruela, I don't mean to be dense, but are you joking? Or did one of the journalists who dislike her actually say that? It's sad to even have to ask that, but I wouldn't be surprised . . .

And thanks for posting, AC. It's a lovely photo!
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2018, 02:36:41 PM »

SpainFan. I'm not joking. I read the article myself, on paper. She was not the only one, others did too. BUT, other media commented her ovation positively.
This is what happens:
 KF has to face the consequences of his choice of a complex, neurotic wife ( a noblewoman or even a rich girl would have been far more suitable options).
QL has had this sort of treatment ever since the announcement. She is cold, a perfectionist,not up to such a high role,  rude and bossy ( on her engagement day, she softly asked Felipe to let her finish speaking, about QS as her role model , by the way -Felipe HAD interrupted her, but well, he is a man and a prince,he has good manners);she is over-protective with her daughters ; forces their children's school to change the menus because she is obsessed with healthy food; has had some plastic treatment or another;shows her bare arms ( the dress, oh blimey, turned out to belong to Queen Sofía);her private whatsapps have been leaked to the press - and so to  the public; doesn't want to work at weekends ( I don't know if other royals or presidents work on Sundays, but the SRF have engagements on several Sundays every year); aristocrats despise her (they would support one of their own ,maybe but not sure, because  most of  of them  abandoned Alfonso XIII and the SRF when they left Spain for exile  in 1931);she is not rich ( capital sin, she would have received an exquisite education);is the family decision-maker in all matters, family or institutional - for instance,  she let KF go to Mexico  for the new president's inauguration on his own because she wouldn't be bothered - I would say Moncloa makes those decisions. And so many other comments and facts. Some even imply that she is to blame for her sister's death. She  has had to endure malignant rumours from close and far  family members.
By the way, I am not related to the SRF in ANY way. I am just an ordinary citizen  who values and tries to defend everything that my country can offer.  The situation in Spain is complicated. Some radical and supremacist parties want to overthrow the Monarchy AND the Constitution because they claim they did not vote them.  If you are American: do you question the legitimacy of the American Constitution? They attack the King because he has firmly defended and  defends our democracy -  but the Queen is  an easier target . I think  our Monarch and his consort are doing their duty very well , I am proud to be represented by them .We should try to defend everything attained by people from various, opposite ideologies only 40 years ago. But so many others enjoy confrontation. I am worried and concerned, but also hopeful, because I cannot be one in a minority.
SpainFan

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2018, 04:17:30 AM »

Fruela, thank you for such a thoughtful and informative post! I cannot imagine what it must be like for Queen Letizia to exist in such an environment where she's vilified for simply being supportive of her husband --not to mention nearly 15 years of the other criticism you described. And it seems a difficult time for the King, as well. Hoping that 2019 brings a better, more peaceful year for them and for Spain. My husband and I plan to visit Spain next year and are so looking forward to it!
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »

SpainFan, thank you very much for your heartfelt wishes. I wish you a very good and happy  2019 and ,of course, I hope and know that  you and your husband will enjoy your stay in Spain. Welcome!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: