Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles' 70th birthday  (Read 75200 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: November 16, 2018, 02:08:09 AM »

"Prada forever"??!? How tacky!

SvenskaSarah

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: November 16, 2018, 03:00:00 AM »

Prince Hassan bin Talal and Princess Sarvath from Jordan

Queen Rania

i was right about Princes Hassan and Prancess Servath and Rania attending 
Rania face is totally ruined no hope here  Crap

i was expecting more from this party some more pix to shed about loool
that was boring

When I first saw that picture ohf Rania I thought it was Caitlin Jenner for a moment. What has she done to her poor face??
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: November 16, 2018, 04:11:43 AM »

I think that while the pendulum had gone to far in one direction in the 80s and 90s now it has perhaps gone to far in the other direction.   This was a major milestone birthday with numerous foreign heads of state in attendance...a group photo or even video of arrivals would have been plenty...we don't need a detailed account of everyone's conversations last night...just a taste of the event.   This was the finale to six months of celebrations after all.

As for media handling with regards to the children...I do understand the desire to protect their children but...a more SRF media/press/photo/video route might be more advisable...again just tastes of life.   Even just aiming for something quarterly would be perfect.   Things like Easter at Windsor, Royal Windsor Horse Show, Trooping the Color Carriages (George and Charlotte are getting old enough), Polo (which they do already), maybe some fall photos, Christmas photos/video, and Christmas Church at Sandringham.  All things that would allow glimpses to both royal life and regular life but would be fairly easy to control.  It would also get the kids used to the sights and sounds involved with the public and press...much better than the Lindo Wing fantasia.

Star

and one  Star for AB

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: November 16, 2018, 04:14:37 AM »

Holy Highball, Batman! Could Derf be any drunker? (And Madame more over-fillered?)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: November 16, 2018, 04:22:09 AM »

I think that while the pendulum had gone to far in one direction in the 80s and 90s now it has perhaps gone to far in the other direction.   This was a major milestone birthday with numerous foreign heads of state in attendance...a group photo or even video of arrivals would have been plenty...we don't need a detailed account of everyone's conversations last night...just a taste of the event.   This was the finale to six months of celebrations after all.

As for media handling with regards to the children...I do understand the desire to protect their children but...a more SRF media/press/photo/video route might be more advisable...again just tastes of life.   Even just aiming for something quarterly would be perfect.   Things like Easter at Windsor, Royal Windsor Horse Show, Trooping the Color Carriages (George and Charlotte are getting old enough), Polo (which they do already), maybe some fall photos, Christmas photos/video, and Christmas Church at Sandringham.  All things that would allow glimpses to both royal life and regular life but would be fairly easy to control.  It would also get the kids used to the sights and sounds involved with the public and press...much better than the Lindo Wing fantasia.

I think of the Swedes too because they handle these kinds of things so well. Releasing photos of the kiddos several times a year, as well as family and individual photos for birthdays and special events. As another poster stated earlier in the thread, perhaps once Charles is king the door of "transparency" will swing open, if ever so slightly, only to slam tightly shut again once William is monarch. Secret

I think it is helpful to remember that the British expectation of “right to privacy” is a sacrosanct belief. Privacy is expected, it is a right and not a privilege. Even for Royals. The Scandinavian model is far different. They believe in transparency and are far more open as a culture and society.

Also, members of the BRF are often targets of plots that could cause harm. For example, it was George who was the target of ISIS plot, not Estelle.

I too wish the BRF would be more open with pictures and such but we do have to remain aware of restrictions placed on the BRF by outside sources.
schmichaelira
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: November 16, 2018, 04:27:30 AM »

"Prada forever"??!? How tacky!

Right?!! It's so funny though, how she's become like the Kardashian/Jenner version for royalty! I mean, in all honesty, the royal beat was begging for one such as her, and she came along, and here we go, rock n' roll! I know it's tacky as hell but I kind of love it!  Whistle

I am geekyroyalaficionado on instagram&youtube
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: November 16, 2018, 04:31:59 AM »

Just when I think the bar isn't any lower for MC to be tackier...she plays a game of limbo and is even worse somehow!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: November 16, 2018, 04:35:46 AM »

what is that strange line on MEDiana's frock's bust  Thinking

it's like there is a line that runs up joining two pieces of velvet together?

Looks soo odd...

anyone know or can figure it out.

It is bugging me no end  Angry

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2018, 04:45:48 AM »

I think of the Swedes too because they handle these kinds of things so well. Releasing photos of the kiddos several times a year, as well as family and individual photos for birthdays and special events. As another poster stated earlier in the thread, perhaps once Charles is king the door of "transparency" will swing open, if ever so slightly, only to slam tightly shut again once William is monarch. Secret

I think it is helpful to remember that the British expectation of “right to privacy” is a sacrosanct belief. Privacy is expected, it is a right and not a privilege. Even for Royals. The Scandinavian model is far different. They believe in transparency and are far more open as a culture and society.

Also, members of the BRF are often targets of plots that could cause harm. For example, it was George who was the target of ISIS plot, not Estelle.

I too wish the BRF would be more open with pictures and such but we do have to remain aware of restrictions placed on the BRF by outside sources.

While I agree with everything you said...attending Easter and Christmas church with the rest of the family would not add a security risk, riding in the carriages with the rest of the family would not add a security risk, attending the Royal Windsor Horse Show with the rest of the family would not add a security risk, releasing photos taken at any known royal estate would not add a security risk.  None of us are asking for the children to be placed in danger but if the Queen, Charles, William, etc can attend those events then I'm sorry but security is not an excuse (at least not for me).

I know that with church the Queen is blamed for not liking kids in church...but I googled William and Easter and Christmas and found photos from as early as 1986.  He also rode in a carriage at Trooping in 1986.  Which was of course the year he turned 4.  The equivalent for George was 2017 and for Charlotte is 2019.   It's not like William was a well behaved kid.

Heck this year they couldn't even do proper photos for Charlotte and George's birthday's.   For Charlotte we got nothing on the day (a photo of her a Louis a few days later) and for George is was a photo taken at Louis's christening not something done especially for either one of them.   And they've never release a proper Christmas photo of the family...last year it was a photo taken in June for Pete's sake.

Easter, Trooping, Christmas, proper birthday, and proper Christmas photos are not unreasonable.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: November 16, 2018, 05:37:47 AM »

all reasons aside, all this segregation of ' us and them'  will only deepen the chasm of us as the peasants, and them as royals, no longer relevant and out of touch in and with our lives.

If the Norwagian royals are walking with the common man and releasing their significant occassion photos to give the feeling of inclusion to the peasants, then maybe, UPchuck needs to put that thought on his agenda when he finally ascends.

This act of segregation harks back to days when Lillibet et al did not want to come to London when Diana died and had to be persuaded by Tony Blair to ' break the tradition' in response to public pressure of mourning and connectedness they felt to Diana.

And it is this ' connection'  that Billy the Plumber and Hazard are now spending....but not putting anything back to the bank, as it were.

G Smiley

lizzie78

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: November 16, 2018, 05:39:56 AM »

While I agree with everything you said...attending Easter and Christmas church with the rest of the family would not add a security risk, riding in the carriages with the rest of the family would not add a security risk, attending the Royal Windsor Horse Show with the rest of the family would not add a security risk, releasing photos taken at any known royal estate would not add a security risk.  None of us are asking for the children to be placed in danger but if the Queen, Charles, William, etc can attend those events then I'm sorry but security is not an excuse (at least not for me).

I know that with church the Queen is blamed for not liking kids in church...but I googled William and Easter and Christmas and found photos from as early as 1986.  He also rode in a carriage at Trooping in 1986.  Which was of course the year he turned 4.  The equivalent for George was 2017 and for Charlotte is 2019.   It's not like William was a well behaved kid.

Heck this year they couldn't even do proper photos for Charlotte and George's birthday's.   For Charlotte we got nothing on the day (a photo of her a Louis a few days later) and for George is was a photo taken at Louis's christening not something done especially for either one of them.   And they've never release a proper Christmas photo of the family...last year it was a photo taken in June for Pete's sake.

Easter, Trooping, Christmas, proper birthday, and proper Christmas photos are not unreasonable.

Star
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: November 16, 2018, 07:06:43 AM »

all reasons aside, all this segregation of ' us and them'  will only deepen the chasm of us as the peasants, and them as royals, no longer relevant and out of touch in and with our lives.

If the Norwagian royals are walking with the common man and releasing their significant occassion photos to give the feeling of inclusion to the peasants, then maybe, UPchuck needs to put that thought on his agenda when he finally ascends.

This act of segregation harks back to days when Lillibet et al did not want to come to London when Diana died and had to be persuaded by Tony Blair to ' break the tradition' in response to public pressure of mourning and connectedness they felt to Diana.

And it is this ' connection'  that Billy the Plumber and Hazard are now spending squandering....but not putting anything back to the bank, as it were.

G Smiley

Star Fixed it a bit.

They are spending their public coin on Givenchy and cute handbags but most of all on privacy. The public can vote them out, they need to remember that.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: November 16, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »

The CP couple of Denmark. Picture from the DRF Instagram

Thank you for the photo Elissa  Champagne  Star  Oh look they are holding hands, just like a couple of better known royals.  

They aren’t really holding hands there. Her fingers are straight AND she is stabbing his thumb with her nail!
Butterbean

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: November 16, 2018, 08:22:23 AM »

Looks soo odd...

tak

G Smiley

I can't figure it out - looks like a weird, tight bodice with a loose cape-like piece thrown over the shoulder...very strange use of velvet if that is the design
Princess MS

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: November 16, 2018, 08:57:21 AM »

Looks soo odd...

tak

G Smiley

I can't figure it out - looks like a weird, tight bodice with a loose cape-like piece thrown over the shoulder...very strange use of velvet if that is the design

Well if this is a makeover then Imelda needs to do the same . . . they are both happy what they see in the mirror . .  .
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: