Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles' 70th birthday  (Read 53206 times)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: November 17, 2018, 09:16:42 PM »

This was a PRIVATE event - hence no photos. This is like most birthday celebrations in the BRF - totally a private event but simply one in which they marked a milestone birthday. The Queen makes a clear differentiation between public and private events. Just as they only show the church service and carriage rides for royal weddings but not the reception the BRF do have a demarcation between their private and public lives.

Other royal families aren't so interested in keeping their private lives separate from their public lives.

This is absolutely not true and it is ethnocentric AF and complete and utter rubbish.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: November 17, 2018, 09:20:42 PM »

This event was paid for by the Queen from her private income (and before anyone says 'it is taxpayers' money' it is no more 'taxpayers' money than the income of any civil servant or the PM. If they have a private event no one seems to demand seeing what they spend their money on - only the royals.

And the security?  Also paid for by QEII I presume.

Security is determined by the Metropolitan Police. They could have decided to have no security outside BP if they didn't feel there was a threat - to either visitors or spectators. They decide on a case by case basis. If you were threatened by someone and they felt you needed protection that would be paid for my the the Met as well.

Security is NOT the Queen's decision, or any member of the BRF - the police determine who needs it (and have removed it from many members of the family in recent years as they decided they didn't need it).

So likely yes.  Thanks for the info!  Thumb up

The Queen NEVER, EVER has a greedy thought in her entire body.  She's a blessing and a saint and the taxpayers should be paying extra and stop whinging, doncha know?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

And anybody who believes that taxpayers are not paying for this in some form is delusional.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:31:05 PM by pixiecat » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: November 17, 2018, 09:22:00 PM »

Marie Chantal

With each passing year, she becomes trashier.  I didn't think it was possible, but she proves it repeatedly.
Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: November 18, 2018, 02:25:33 AM »

More photos

lilyrose

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: November 18, 2018, 02:48:06 AM »

More photos

I feel like weve never really gotten these types of photos of Charles with George and Charlotte, so that makes these especially sweet Blush
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: November 18, 2018, 03:38:19 AM »

It makes me sad he's not allowed to spend much time with them. Hoping that changes. He looks so delighted by all of the little ones surrounding him and Louis grabbing his nose is precious.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: November 18, 2018, 03:55:07 AM »

More photos

I feel like weve never really gotten these types of photos of Charles with George and Charlotte, so that makes these especially sweet Blush

Swoon  Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: November 18, 2018, 04:43:13 AM »

It makes me sad he's not allowed to spend much time with them. Hoping that changes. He looks so delighted by all of the little ones surrounding him and Louis grabbing his nose is precious.

How do you know he's not allowed to spend time with them?
DoloresYellowstone

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: November 18, 2018, 04:50:31 AM »

Awwwwww, what sweet photos! Louis is a such happy, smiley little boy. And he looks so much like Kate as a baby!
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: November 18, 2018, 05:07:06 AM »

More photos

Swoon  Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Oh goodness! These are so sweet!
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: November 18, 2018, 06:26:35 AM »

On the contrary, I believe these photos indicate a level of comfort with the kids that only comes from spending time with them. Its also clear that Charlotte was very comfortable with Camilla. The kind of closeness demonstrated in these pictures can not be faked or staged. IMO.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: November 18, 2018, 08:51:02 AM »

pics of charles with his grandchildren are precious  Smiley
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: November 18, 2018, 09:40:21 AM »

So sweet ! Louis catching Grandpa's nose and his smile when the same Grandpa holds him  Thumb up Thumb up

Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:24 AM »

What a disappointing event. At least they could have shared a group picture or a family picture. It's not that private if a royal family puts it on there event calendar.

Love the picture of Charles with Louis! So much happiness in that picture !
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: November 18, 2018, 11:47:07 AM »

Oooh my heart is melting with the pic of Charles and baby Louis!!!! Louis definitely has his mother's eyes!!!
Charles looks so happy surrounding by his grandkids!!!!!

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: