Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles' 70th birthday  (Read 75009 times)
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2018, 09:56:37 PM »

A documentary on Charles will air tonight at 9pm: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06q8cpt

'I will NOT be a meddling monarch... I'm not that stupid': Charles gives extraordinary TV interview on eve of his 70th birthday as his family open up about what he is REALLY like

https://www.dailymail.co....rdinary-TV-admission.html

it is available in youtube yet?
i would love to watch this.

Yes, here is it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKtTsViKtW8
Camilla came across really well in this. I like her.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2018, 11:15:14 PM »

Lady Adelaide, thank you very much for posting the Youtube link  Hug   I thoroughly enjoyed that doco.  

I have always liked Charles, for all his foibles.  None of us is perfect.  He and I share a passion for the environment, and for gardening, and preserving the natural history.  I have always liked the way he has tried to preserve historical crops and breeds.   As for the environment, he did address the inconsistencies/hyprocisy to some extent.  Within the world in which he lives, there is a limit to what can be done as far as environmentally sound fuel is concerned.  His job requires him to fly around, and so he flies around.  In his world as he sees and understand it, there is not an option for him to not do the job to which he was born, so he does it, and does his bit, within his power, to draw attention to global warming and does what he can about it. Maybe not as much as we would like, but he does what he can, and by being who he is and making as much fuss as he has, perhaps he has in fact done more than he otherwise had the skills and capacity to do to help the environment.  When Prince Charles talks about the effects of global warming on the Great Barrier Reef, quite a few people listen.  As a young man he had a car's engine redesigned so it was fuelled by wine and something else - I've forgotten the other component, but the result was the vapours smelt nice - and a train fuelled by cooking oil.  I believe he is genuinely concerned about the environment, and I think he does what he can, in his own way, and I admire him for it.

I loved seeing Camilla giving her views.   I thought Harry and William were, erm, interesting.  They both came across to me as rather... myopic.
Athena

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2018, 07:32:01 AM »

From the documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKtTsViKtW8

At about 36:50, Harry on the effect of Charles' time in the military: "being with real people and living those fantastic experiences and actually fending for yourself, eating jam sandwiches, living in pretty harsh conditions, all of that stuff that I think is pretty crucial."

Eating jam sandwichesLaughing

It was at that point that I stopped taking the documentary seriously at all.
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2018, 07:47:31 AM »

Myopic is the perfect word for both William and Harry.

I need to watch the full documentary. I've seen some clips. Gosh, I adore Camilla. I agree Charles does what he can and isn't quite as hypocritical as many celebrities who sit there, yelling about stuff, living their luxury lives; Charles at least tries to use the position and leverage he can to actually do stuff, which I think one can appreciate. It is what royalty should do with their unearned privilege and fame. Use it properly. They have an obligation to do so and I think Camilla nailed it saying that duty comes first before everything else. Anything. And that's as it should be.

I mean, I agree with Harry about the military. Excepting jam sandwiches. Where did that come from?

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »

The Norwegian court confirmed that Harald, Sonja, Haakon and MM are going.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2018, 02:19:27 PM »

The Royal Mail issued a serie of stamps to celebrate Charles 70th birthday.

periwinkle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2018, 03:57:16 PM »

Doesn't eating jam sandwiches just mean you cobble together whatever you can to eat? Like mustard sandwiches when you just have condiments and bread and no meat or cheese. I'm so glad Charles has Camilla that picture of them in the stamp is just great they are a real team and a real love match. William's looks are just horrible he had about five minutes ten years ago when he was super cute then downhill no wonder he got Kate back and married her.
sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2018, 04:36:15 PM »

Omg the one of him and Camilla is lovely.
genegal43

Gigantic Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2018, 05:29:25 PM »

The Documentary was great!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Annlynnmarie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »

I love that picture of them all in uniform! Beautiful family portrait!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2018, 06:25:36 PM »

Wonder if Harry will get the order of the Garter (blue sash & badge)?

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »

I'll follow Chuck's advice that this is a crisis when he lives like it's a crisis.

There is a cute little piece of technology called Skype that means you don't have to jet all over the world.  Maybe someone should tell Chuck about it.  Given his apparent commitment I'm sure he will embrace it.  He can also move into smaller quarters.  Not use helicopters and large vehicles.  Not have massive estates.

The only thing bigger than Chuck's ecological footprint is his mouth and his belief that he's entitled to use it to scold.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »

the one with the boys i Uni is cute,the one with Camilla too

luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2018, 03:07:05 AM »

Wonder if Harry will get the order of the Garter (blue sash & badge)?

Eventually yes - but HM did make her own youngers sons wait until well into their 40s.

I suspect she is leaving that for Charles who will give it to Camilla and Harry shortly after becoming King. It is traditional now (since Edward VII did it) for the wife of the King to be amongst the first Garters given in the new reign. Harry will still probably be in his late 30s when he gets it - so still younger than his uncles but I doubt that he will get it in the present reign - another sign of the clear difference between the future King and the future also ran royal.

William only got it when he did because HM wanted him to be the 1000th knight.
MarieQueenie

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2018, 06:05:49 AM »

Apparently Freddles and Mary have confirmed their attendance...

They did. No confirmation for other royal houses yet.

But WA and Maxima have a Austria state visit on that date.
Same for the Swedes ( from Italy).
Felipe and Letizia will be on an official visit to Peru.

They work much more that the Danish princes, but they are kings and queens, and Victoria works a lot too, Gustav since his scandals, let her work more and more, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: