Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Charles' 70th birthday  (Read 75025 times)
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: November 15, 2018, 09:28:00 PM »

And when people pay heaps for the bread and circuses they’re entitled to see some of it imo.

Not overexposure as in times past but the stinginess of it is a real problem I think—especially with the next generation who flips us all the middle finger with wanting to see anything. We’re gifted, us plebeians, with a glimpse. The attitude stinks.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: November 15, 2018, 09:50:06 PM »

This event was paid for by the Queen from her private income (and before anyone says 'it is taxpayers' money' it is no more 'taxpayers' money than the income of any civil servant or the PM. If they have a private event no one seems to demand seeing what they spend their money on - only the royals.
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: November 15, 2018, 10:01:03 PM »

Philip was photographed leaving the palace so presumably he was there.

https://www.dailymail.co....tions-Prince-Charles.html

Oh, thanks so much luvcharles! Glad he made it.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: November 15, 2018, 10:10:15 PM »

This event was paid for by the Queen from her private income (and before anyone says 'it is taxpayers' money' it is no more 'taxpayers' money than the income of any civil servant or the PM. If they have a private event no one seems to demand seeing what they spend their money on - only the royals.

And the security?  Also paid for by QEII I presume.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: November 15, 2018, 10:12:52 PM »

For the international superstars? Denmark certainly hopes so!!! Halo

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: November 15, 2018, 10:28:06 PM »

At least give us a family photo with the fancy clothes.
luvcharles

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: November 15, 2018, 11:13:44 PM »

Security is determined by the Metropolitan Police. They could have decided to have no security outside BP if they didn't feel there was a threat - to either visitors or spectators. They decide on a case by case basis. If you were threatened by someone and they felt you needed protection that would be paid for my the the Met as well.

Security is NOT the Queen's decision, or any member of the BRF - the police determine who needs it (and have removed it from many members of the family in recent years as they decided they didn't need it).
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: November 15, 2018, 11:13:55 PM »

Mistake
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:28:19 PM by Jonathan » Logged

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: November 15, 2018, 11:15:03 PM »

Mistake
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:28:44 PM by Jonathan » Logged

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
Oh_Caroline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: November 15, 2018, 11:57:43 PM »

This was a PRIVATE event - hence no photos. This is like most birthday celebrations in the BRF - totally a private event but simply one in which they marked a milestone birthday. The Queen makes a clear differentiation between public and private events. Just as they only show the church service and carriage rides for royal weddings but not the reception the BRF do have a demarcation between their private and public lives.

Other royal families aren't so interested in keeping their private lives separate from their public lives.

Look at how little we saw of the baptism of the future King of Great Britain - some pictures of the arrival and departures from the church but nothing from inside and only a few pictures afterwards. Go back a generation and we had a lot more from William and Harry's baptisms with video of them afterwards all playing around as a family but with George etc just a couple of still pictures.

After the disastrous demand for pictures of each and every royal doing anything in the 80s and 90s the BRF cut back on a lot of things. They cut back on when they bring out the tiaras etc to now State Visits, Diplomatic Reception and State Opening of Parliament (although after last year that may not happen again - all the HRHs used to attend that event in full tiaras and formal dresses but now it is the Queen, Charles and Camilla), they cut back on access to children and photo shoots of families at home etc.

They became more protective of their privacy led by The Queen who felt that things were out of hand. Charles and William agree and William would like to cut back even more I believe so that only when undertaking an official engagement reported in the CC should there by any pictures at all allowed.

When they have an official event they show photos. When it is private they don't.

Maybe there will be a picture released for Christmas OR some images included in the Queen's Christmas message as she will mention the weddings, Charles' birthday, the armistice as events of note I am sure.

I think that while the pendulum had gone to far in one direction in the 80s and 90s now it has perhaps gone to far in the other direction.   This was a major milestone birthday with numerous foreign heads of state in attendance...a group photo or even video of arrivals would have been plenty...we don't need a detailed account of everyone's conversations last night...just a taste of the event.   This was the finale to six months of celebrations after all.

As for media handling with regards to the children...I do understand the desire to protect their children but...a more SRF media/press/photo/video route might be more advisable...again just tastes of life.   Even just aiming for something quarterly would be perfect.   Things like Easter at Windsor, Royal Windsor Horse Show, Trooping the Color Carriages (George and Charlotte are getting old enough), Polo (which they do already), maybe some fall photos, Christmas photos/video, and Christmas Church at Sandringham.  All things that would allow glimpses to both royal life and regular life but would be fairly easy to control.  It would also get the kids used to the sights and sounds involved with the public and press...much better than the Lindo Wing fantasia.
DoloresYellowstone

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: November 16, 2018, 12:28:58 AM »

I think that while the pendulum had gone to far in one direction in the 80s and 90s now it has perhaps gone to far in the other direction.   This was a major milestone birthday with numerous foreign heads of state in attendance...a group photo or even video of arrivals would have been plenty...we don't need a detailed account of everyone's conversations last night...just a taste of the event.   This was the finale to six months of celebrations after all.

As for media handling with regards to the children...I do understand the desire to protect their children but...a more SRF media/press/photo/video route might be more advisable...again just tastes of life.   Even just aiming for something quarterly would be perfect.   Things like Easter at Windsor, Royal Windsor Horse Show, Trooping the Color Carriages (George and Charlotte are getting old enough), Polo (which they do already), maybe some fall photos, Christmas photos/video, and Christmas Church at Sandringham.  All things that would allow glimpses to both royal life and regular life but would be fairly easy to control.  It would also get the kids used to the sights and sounds involved with the public and press...much better than the Lindo Wing fantasia.

Perfectly put, Oh_Caroline! Star You summed up exactly what I was thinking in regards to how the BRF could handle media relations.

I think of the Swedes too because they handle these kinds of things so well. Releasing photos of the kiddos several times a year, as well as family and individual photos for birthdays and special events. As another poster stated earlier in the thread, perhaps once Charles is king the door of "transparency" will swing open, if ever so slightly, only to slam tightly shut again once William is monarch. Secret
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: November 16, 2018, 12:36:11 AM »

Security is determined by the Metropolitan Police. They could have decided to have no security outside BP if they didn't feel there was a threat - to either visitors or spectators. They decide on a case by case basis. If you were threatened by someone and they felt you needed protection that would be paid for my the the Met as well.

Security is NOT the Queen's decision, or any member of the BRF - the police determine who needs it (and have removed it from many members of the family in recent years as they decided they didn't need it).

So likely yes.  Thanks for the info!  Thumb up

You can call me TrollSpoon.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: November 16, 2018, 12:43:58 AM »

Tatiana Blatnik's dress was Carolina Herrera
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqN-ns5hIN-/

Olivia

Small Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: November 16, 2018, 01:42:02 AM »

Tatiana Blatnik and Marie Chantal

anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: November 16, 2018, 02:07:02 AM »

That is a truly obnoxious photo of MC. Smug self congratulation forever!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: