Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan the copycat  (Read 12252 times)
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »

And I too think Meghan is not a very conscious copycat: I just think she lacks the it factor and that innate style. There is nothing wrong with it (after all it is quite relatable and something she eg shares with me) but it comes across as cringeworthy if you hail yourself as the fashionista you are clearly not.
None of the outfits are anything to write home about esp after the real fashionistas already lifted them to H&M and Zara levels, where everybody could get a (much cheaper) copy of the idea.
I think Meghan watches celebs and admires some outfit or idea and when she sees it in her high fashion catalogues, she orders the dress.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
jolene

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 05:08:23 PM »

She really is Mary 2.0!  The DM is doing side by side comparisons.
https://www.dailymail.co....royals-similar-style.html
Booklover

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 08:32:51 PM »

Both Mary and Sofia look good by comparison. Creepy! Dead
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 09:46:49 AM »

I doubt if Meghan even knows about Mary's existence.   
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 01:52:43 PM »

100% agree.

ignorance is never an excusation,but sadly princess mary,prince frederick and co are very little known outside their country and outside rd.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »

oh, I'm not so sure Barrie, she scoped out Harry before they even started dating, the whole..."I don't know who he is, is he nice?"-bits, was all a ruse.

You can bet that she as well scoped out her "peers" and "rivals" from other European RF.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »

Pede: the Ayes are with you.
I'd bet more money on the theory that Meghan has a very good idea who is who in the international world of fame and royalty.
Has she consciously copied Mary or any of the other princesses or Queens? Perhaps not, but I bet dollars to donuts that she went thru the yellow pages and was perhaps "inspired" by the other ladies and their designer wardrobes. And she most likely took a very conscious vow to top them.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
karma chamelion

Small Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2018, 08:39:38 PM »

oh, I'm not so sure Barrie, she scoped out Harry before they even started dating, the whole..."I don't know who he is, is he nice?"-bits, was all a ruse.

You can bet that she as well scoped out her "peers" and "rivals" from other European RF.

Star Pedes & fairy

She lived for years in a Commonwealth Country that has many enthusiastic monarchists, of course she knew who QEII's family is, along with the royal heads of Europe and their families. They're on the newsstands in Canada, I don't know how you could miss them
Whistle

If she'd spent those years in LA I'd be really surprised if she knew who any of them were, but under the circumstances I think it's a given that she knew who Hazbeen was. I'm sure Imelda has also admired that lifestyle from afar for a long time, too.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »

well at least they didn't say Mosh copy her like they did with Max

danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2018, 12:39:56 AM »

she knew who was prince harry .. Snare
example:she wrote .... the Tig..... about princess and wedding of kate ..so  Thinking
A post from the now defunct lifestyle blog The Tig has resurfaced where Meghan recalled her visions of becoming a princess.
"Little girls dream of being princesses. I, for one, was all about She-Ra, Princess of Power,"
she reportedly wrote before conducting an interview with Princess Alia Al-Senussi.
 " had a bit of a ‘pinch-myself-I'm-emailing-with-a-princess' moment," Meghan recalled when chatting with the humanitarian back in 2014.

Meghan would later write"And grown women seem to retain this childhood fantasy. Just look at the pomp and circumstance surrounding the royal wedding and endless conversation about Princess Kate."
https://www.glamour.com/s...-to-be-a-princess-in-2014
https://www.eonline.com/n...fore-meeting-prince-harry

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 10:03:36 AM »

she knew who was prince harry .. Snare
example:she wrote .... the Tig..... about princess and wedding of kate ..so  Thinking
A post from the now defunct lifestyle blog The Tig has resurfaced where Meghan recalled her visions of becoming a princess.
"Little girls dream of being princesses. I, for one, was all about She-Ra, Princess of Power,"
she reportedly wrote before conducting an interview with Princess Alia Al-Senussi.
 " had a bit of a ‘pinch-myself-I'm-emailing-with-a-princess' moment," Meghan recalled when chatting with the humanitarian back in 2014.

Meghan would later write"And grown women seem to retain this childhood fantasy. Just look at the pomp and circumstance surrounding the royal wedding and endless conversation about Princess Kate."
https://www.glamour.com/s...-to-be-a-princess-in-2014
https://www.eonline.com/n...fore-meeting-prince-harry

Somebody has been telling little porkie pies running a pork pie factory    Halo

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2018, 02:06:02 PM »

She's always had a casual relationship with the truth and will bend it without blinking if it suits the narrative she's selling to her stans.

I don't know why she does it.  Her stans hyperventilate when she closes a car door.  The standards aren't high.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
LarLa

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2018, 04:46:20 PM »

I can finally comment here. Sugars on twitter were celebrating that Meghan was being compared to Mosh! That Mosh was so popular and Meghan is just like her and how fantastic is is haha. One narcissist to another.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 04:51:26 PM »

i'd never want to be compared to mary!
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2018, 05:00:40 PM »

so.... Meghan again  Thinking "inspired by Kardashians":