Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Visit from China. November 27 to 29, 2018.  (Read 7910 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2018, 10:19:38 PM »

Whoa! That is quite the tiara! She looks fabulous.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2018, 10:26:52 PM »

Repeated dress, new tiara

While I love seeing this tiara coming out of the vaults I think it overwhelms QL's petite frame. Maybe, if it's adjustable, a more narrow composition will help the next time it is worn (which I hope is sooner rather than later).

The embroidered dress she wore earlier was exquisite, one of the prettiest I ever saw her wear.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Kayzilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2018, 10:27:27 PM »

Wow, I didn’t think we’d see Letizia in the Cartier Loop tiara for many years, because it was my impression it is personal property of Sofia rather than “Crown Jewels.” It is beautiful on Leti! That column dress is the perfect dress to showcase her “big gun” tiaras. I love the First Lady’s dress too, perfect use of color-blocking for a fab silhouette.
Kayzilla

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »

YAAAAY I can afford it!!! And... any size I could possibly squeeze into is sold out. Of course.
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2018, 12:23:02 AM »

YAAAAY I can afford it!!! And... any size I could possibly squeeze into is sold out. Of course.

I checked for my size earlier and same. I love her style and was so excited it’s a super affordable brand!
nonni

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2018, 01:44:59 AM »

I find the tiara too big ( if there is such a thing) for tiny Letiza.  It might look better on Camilla.  But QL did look lovely, simple dress, easy hair style and WHAM  the tiara
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2018, 04:15:31 AM »

Wow.  Wow.

The Chinese First Lady is classy.   
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2018, 04:20:50 AM »

Welcome ceremony

A rare mismatch for Leti.
The cut of that coat, cropped sleeves, and shorter length makes it a 60's style coat. Should be worn with a shorter shift dress. And she has many lovely ones.
The dress is long and should be worn with a long coat. Again, she has many lovely long coats.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2018, 04:29:18 AM »

Another miss for Leti. A queen should never wear that much black except at a funeral. That's QEII's rule and she's right about it.
Here Leti is covered  in black from collar to wrist to floor and the dress is all one type of fabric with no design. Way too much plain black.

Meanwhile Mrs. China got it perfect. Her black dress is broken up by the white panel in front and the neckline is lower and the sleeves shorter, revealing some skin which also interrupts the all black. The design is also very flattering to her. She looks lovely.

But Leti's tiara is to die for!

pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2018, 05:02:54 AM »

How many people are invited to Spanish state dinners?
Looks like there is room for only one long table - maybe 50 people on each side? Rather small state dinner.
The Spanish Royal Palace is so large, I'm surprised there isn't a bigger space for a larger state dinner.

Buckingham Palace's banquet hall is huge.

Buckingham Palace:
schmichaelira
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28:20 AM »

BP's banquet hall is gorgeous.

I am geekyroyalaficionado on instagram&youtube
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2018, 07:19:28 AM »

Letizia looked beautiful for the evening and its always wonderful to see those gorgeous big tiaras...but somehow this look didn't "wow" me  Confused Perhaps its the black dress -- its slim and sleek design looks too simple for this kind of grand tiara. Also too much black can indeed look way too funeral and gloomy. Had it been e.g. rich burgundy color, overall look would have been tons better. First lady had much better dress...very flattering and with interesting details to enliven her attire.

Ahh, its such a pretty and romantic dress; and its indeed surprisingly budget-friendly [for a royal lady]. I love how its described: Not just your average print. Very true. Although I fear its wrinkle resistance isn't very good (zoom in and see those crease marks at the elbows; if fabric gets wrinkled by just bending your arms, then you need ironing it all the time or look like wrinkled mess).
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »

How many people are invited to Spanish state dinners?
Looks like there is room for only one long table - maybe 50 people on each side? Rather small state dinner.
The Spanish Royal Palace is so large, I'm surprised there isn't a bigger space for a larger state dinner.

State dinners in Spain tend to not having many guests. It's pretty much like this one all the time Wink For bigger events, they use other halls/gardens (F&L wedding for example).

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2018, 11:02:18 AM »

Why do her tiaras look too big for her?  I mean,  this one is a beautiful tiara for sure, but something doesn’t look right (to me). 
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »

Why do her tiaras look too big for her?  I mean,  this one is a beautiful tiara for sure, but something doesn’t look right (to me). 

I thought the same thing when I saw her with the tiara. The tiara's are beautiful but for some reason she can’t pull them off. Maybe because of the hairstyle? Maybe she should look at the Swedes for beautiful tiara hair. Or because they are not really "filled" with stones or both.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: