Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Visit from China. November 27 to 29, 2018.  (Read 8878 times)
SpainFan

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 02:07:07 PM »

I think the dress is really sleek and elegant, and it balances out the elaborate tiara and jewels. I thought she looked fabulous -- for all the events on this visit.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 02:11:21 PM »

With regard to clothing and such, the Chinese first lady is classy!
Eliza B

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »

Why do her tiaras look too big for her?  I mean,  this one is a beautiful tiara for sure, but something doesnít look right (to me). 

I thought the same thing when I saw her with the tiara. The tiara's are beautiful but for some reason she canít pull them off. Maybe because of the hairstyle? Maybe she should look at the Swedes for beautiful tiara hair. Or because they are not really "filled" with stones or both.

It's a tiara that requires big hair - a big updo do to the wide setting.   With this column dress that wasn't an option without making her proportions a lollipop... had she worn an a-line to ballgown she could have helped with bigger hair to balance out the large tiara frame.
Mary Rose

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »

Im so happy to see this Tiara on Letis head . BUT -Unfortunately, I have to say, I do not like it with the dress! Imo this dress is a big mistake with a large Tiara like La Buena and this one, It looks not balanced. I thought the same when she wore La Buena the first time.  This is a hugh Tiara like the Fleur de Lys, and she is not having an hairstytle like Camilla-Sofia so she need something other to balance the Tiara-a ball gown or an A-line. This dress might work with the floral or prussian. I reall hope to see this Tiara wih her blue Ball gown she wore for Peru state visit 2015 and in Japan 2017. Btw i think F&L will visit Denmark in spring next year and she will wear the Loop again. Imo she debut the Tiara for an ordinary state visit,because the whole attention would be on the Tiara if she had worn it the first during a royal-royal state visit. She made teh same with La Buena i think. I just wounder will we see this Tiara and the Cartier Pearl frequently or was it an debut/back to the vault? I hope she will switch her Tiaras more often then Sofia did!!! After all the criticism. Thank you Leti
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2018, 11:38:21 PM »

Thanks Lula!  Just ordered it.
Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2018, 11:55:45 PM »

Why do her tiaras look too big for her?  I mean,  this one is a beautiful tiara for sure, but something doesnít look right (to me). 

I thought the same thing when I saw her with the tiara. The tiara's are beautiful but for some reason she canít pull them off. Maybe because of the hairstyle? Maybe she should look at the Swedes for beautiful tiara hair. Or because they are not really "filled" with stones or both.

It's a tiara that requires big hair - a big updo do to the wide setting.   With this column dress that wasn't an option without making her proportions a lollipop... had she worn an a-line to ballgown she could have helped with bigger hair to balance out the large tiara frame.

Thanks for the insight.  I couldnít put my finger on it.
DoloresYellowstone

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2018, 04:57:39 AM »

The First Lady of China is very elegant and her evening look is perfection! I also loved the pink Asos dress Leti wore. Almost can't believe it's so affordable! Glad to see Leti wearing my other favorite Spanish tiara, although I'm not completely sold on the execution. Black washes her out and makes her look so severe. It would have been nice to see her take this opportunity for a new gown since it's basically a repeat of her look when wearing La Buena for the first time. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that she should invest in some Carolina Herrera gowns, and I totally agree. There are some very nice options available right now that would have looked gorgeous with the tiara.

Perhaps this one?
SpainFan

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2018, 04:04:08 AM »

The First Lady of China is very elegant and her evening look is perfection! I also loved the pink Asos dress Leti wore. Almost can't believe it's so affordable! Glad to see Leti wearing my other favorite Spanish tiara, although I'm not completely sold on the execution. Black washes her out and makes her look so severe. It would have been nice to see her take this opportunity for a new gown since it's basically a repeat of her look when wearing La Buena for the first time. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that she should invest in some Carolina Herrera gowns, and I totally agree. There are some very nice options available right now that would have looked gorgeous with the tiara.

Perhaps this one?

Ooooh, that's lovely! And Mary Rose, I think, suggested Letizia's red Stella McCartney would have been perfect, too. So many choices . . .
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: