Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia's 75th Birthday: December 23  (Read 18311 times)
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »

Since for Silva's 75th birthday there will be celebrations, interviews and videos, I thought it might be a good idea to post them all together.
Today press releases from the court
https://www.kungahuset.se...ab1fd1677dbe532c4a96.html

"A tribute performance for HM The Queen
On Tuesday, December 18th, Queen's 75th birthday is celebrated with a tribute performance to Queen at Oscarsteatern in Stockholm. Media is welcome to attend the performance and at the photo opportunities.
During the performance, the Queen's foundations highlight the Queen's support, leadership and efforts in, among others, child rights issues, drug prevention and dementia care.
The following photo opportunities are arranged:
- At the arrival
- In the foyer
- At the end of the performance
- When the royal family greets invited guests.

During the performance, the media has the opportunity to attend and listen to the speakers. No photo or audio recording is allowed in the salon, as SVT has the exclusive right to record and broadcast the performance. "

The Oscarsteatern is owned by Silvia's good friend Vicky von der Lancken, she is also the director of the theatre.
Svensk Damtidning tells that the staff of the court is invited to the seminar. Princess Birgitta has told to Svensk Damtidning that she can't attend to the seminar, because she got the invitation so late and it is so close to Christmas when she travels to Munich and celebrates Christmas with her children.

https://www.svenskdam.se/...rottning-silvias-firande/
The whole royal family will be sitting on the first row on the special celebration day, a seminar, held at the Oscarsteatern in Stockholm.
And you can also join and celebrate. SVT is in place and is recording and the day before the 75th anniversary, on Saturday 22 December at 21.00, an hour-long program, A Tribute to Queen Silvia, is sent at SVT1.
Behind the celebration are the Queen's foundations that will pay homage to all the good she has done during her 43-year-old queen. The focus is on the Queen's commitment and efforts on issues relating to child rights issues, drug prevention and dementia care.
Singer Carola is on stage with Lilla Akademien and also artists Amina Al Fakir, Kiralina, Philip Jalmelid and Tuva B Larsen from the musical Så som i himmelen perform.
The following day, the celebration continues with a reception at the Royal Palace with authorities, organizations and representatives of the official Sweden among those who congratulate the queen.

This is the first official photo

Kungliga Magasinet's special issue

"The day before Christmas Eve, Queen Silvia turns 75 years old. The birthday will be celebrated big, with several day festivities.
Silvia has been Queen for 42 years, and it has been as many years since that day in June 1976, when she married King Carl Gustaf in the Greater Church of Stockholm. A day she will never forget.
For the Royal Magazine, the Queen tells her that she immediately felt welcome to the country and to the royal family.
- Sure, I came from a completely different background and there were things I had to learn, especially the language. But Sweden was no new acquaintance. My father worked for the Swedish company Uddeholm since 1949 and my family had several Swedish friends. Sweden was something very positive for me - not at all strange - and I have always appreciated the Swedes friendliness, discretion and organizational ability" the Queen told the Kungliga Magasinet.

The following year the first child came, Crown Princess Victoria, and two years later, Prince Carl Philip came. Before the birth of Princess Madeleine, the royal couple decided to leave Stockholm's inner city and move to Drottningholm Castle.
The Queen told that it became impractical to live with two children in the royal palace.
"We wanted Victoria and Carl Philip to be close to nature, breathe fresh air and play without the need for a lot of planning and drifting through half of Stockholm to any suitable park or playground. I fell in love with Drottningholm the first time I saw the castle. It is a wonderfully beautiful place with the park and proximity to the water. I like walking and cycling there and finding true peace of mind in the beautiful environment", the Queen told the newspaper.

Now the family has grown significantly, and the queen now has seven grandchildren. Something that really mirrors her. The Queen tells her how fun she is to see the children grow.
But she also looks back at her own time as a mum, telling her that it was hard to just be at home with the children.
- Unfortunately, for our part, neither maternity or paternity leave was possible. We needed to find a way to combine parenting with our royal missions. It was very important, and I tried to be as much as I could and hurried in official contexts. We had very nice help at home, but it was not easy to leave crying children. The same goes for the Crown Princess, I think she understands how difficult it was for us to combine duties with family life. Of course, like many others with a hectic existence, we feel that we have not been enough with our children- she says to the Royal Magazine."

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:22:11 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:52:47 PM »

Elle

Some words from the interview with Silvia talking about the re-using of clothes.
"The interview is made at Drottningholm Castle, and the Queen receives in Gustav III's old playroom, a room decorated with bright green walls and furniture in pink and gold. The room is used, in summer, as the royal couple's private dining room.

"This is a very special place, I think it's the most beautiful room in the castle," says the Queen in the interview.

The conversation slides into clothes, due to the fact that one of the dresses that the queen wears on Camilla Åkran's pictures is the black and white Nina Ricci dress that the Queen was wearing at the Nobel Dinner 1993, 25 years ago. The queen declares that these dresses are kept in a room at the castle, located in boxes with acid-free tissue paper. The tip comes from the Parsons fashion school in New York.

"The dresses are very sensitive to light. And the weight, all these embroideries, means we can not hang them up. So we put them in boxes in a room at the castle. How to best preserve was something I really wondered about. How do you do it? And there you did it that way, so I thought good idea!", says the queen.

Later in the interview, the conversation about clothes continues. This time Susanne Ljung and the Queen talk about reuse and to reuse their clothes.
- Yes, it's important to show that you re-wear your clothes! I've always thought that's important. You work so much with a dress. You choose. You look. One tries. There is a lot of work behind a dress, and a closet. Then I think it's too bad to use the clothes once or two", says the Queen.

Susanne Ljung asks the Queen about her interest in fashion and clothing.
- I think of course it is interesting and beautiful and important. But, really, it's not the most important thing I think. Though I can not tell it to ELLE", says the queen, and continues:
"It is clear that I admire those who create couture. There are so infinitely beautiful things, and the clothes are still alive. It does not matter if it's the 1960s or 1970s, that kind of clothes wears.

During Monday's Nobelfest, the Crown Princess lent Victoria Queen's beautiful Nina Ricci dress from 1995. This is not the first time we see the Crown Princess Victoria in the Queen's clothes. In the interview, Susanne Ljung asks about this, wondering if the Crown Princess, in turn, sometimes lends clothes to the queen.
- That was a good idea, I'll suggest that!", laughs the queen. "I think it's very funny that teenage daughters, in all families, have their own thoughts and opinions about what suits and says, "Mum really want that?" And suddenly, a few years later, it turns out that 'well it's obviously great to wear'. It makes me very happy! I just think it's nice that she shares my taste, and thinks it's beautiful and wants to use my clothes. And that she suits them. Just such a thing!"

Interview to editor-in-chief Cia Jansson.
How does it feel when the number with Queen Silvia is out?
"It feels, of course, great fun. And historic! For several months, we have been looking forward to seeing all readers one of the biggest and most amazing reports we have ever produced.

Why has ELLE chosen to do this right now?
- Her Majesty The Queen is celebrating 75 years this year, so there was a certain event. In addition, she is an obvious style icon. The Queen is also, in his office and in his leadership role, both a great inspector and an important model. A true humanist who always stands on the weak side and dares to fight for vulnerable people's rights.

Tell us about the report!
"We are of course extremely proud that one of Sweden's most successful fashion photographers, Camilla Åkrans, has created a brilliant, warm and personal portrait of the Queen through her soft, feminine and sensual pictures. They are accompanied by an in-depth interview by the journalist and fashion designer Susanne Ljung. I think the queen's energy, laughter and commitment from photography are featured in this report - which is actually unique.

Me, and many with me, wonder how it was to meet the queen. Tell!
- During a few fallen autumn days, we ELLE's team were invited by the queen to the beautiful pastel and gold-shimmering Drottningholm castle. There we also saw the picture of a playful grandmother - warm, natural and personal.

How was the queen personal?
- For example, she, on her own initiative, downloaded some of the grandchildren's drawings that would be on the desk when Camilla Åkrans photographed!

Tell me more!
- The queen creates a wonderful atmosphere around him, generous and inviting, and his involvement is contagious. Anecdotes are told and conveyed history, whether it's about Gustav III, Queen Ingrid's embroidery, rosor's care or fabric qualities.

For ELLE, this report is special in many ways. Not least fashionably, right?
- Right! The Queen is an inspiring fashion icon with countless magnificent creations in his wardrobe, dresses that in the name of sustainability are happy to be reused or loaned to princesses. Over the years we have seen both brave and modern fashion choices. From Nina Ricci's block-winning dream to minimalist Yuko's whimsical creation. Always burst with the Queen's bright brilliant radiance.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:25:26 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 06:18:28 PM »

Silvia gave an interview to TT Nyhetsbyrån/Erika Nekham

[short video of the interview] https://www.instagram.com/p/BrXRvsSBqG8/

https://www.svenskdam.se/...l-en-overraskningsmiddag/

"To become a "good and kind" queen. It was the goal of Silvia Sommerlath when she married the king. When the Queen is now 75, she can look back on a long commitment to children's rights - but she worries about the attitude of youngsters to drugs and the many shootings in Sweden, she tells in a big interview.

On June 19th 1976, she [...] married to King Carl XVI Gustaf. Queenly, surely many would describe her as. But it took a while for her to enter the queen role. Only after a year she felt completely at home. Then Victoria was born.

"I think when you get children, then it's a new chapter. It is a very strange and deep feeling. But in some way, it was like everything fell into place. It was then that I really felt at home that Sweden was my new home. That I belonged to this world- says Queen Silvia.

Is it really possible to prepare to become a queen? No, it's hard to imagine how it will be", says the Queen.
- The only thing I knew was that I had the king by my side.
"But I thought I wanted to be a good and kind queen. I thought it was important that I support the king as much as I can and can and try to give good advice."

Queen Silvia receives TT at the Royal Palace in Stockholm before her 75th birthday on December 23rd. So far, there is no winter weather outside the big windows of Princess Sibylla's room, but mostly rain and debris. It's cool also inside the castle, but a fire heats us during the interview. Today, with more than 42 years of queen experience in her back, Silvia thinks that a good queen is a listener.
"You listen and learn and know what is important and ask yourself what to do. It is really important that you can help vulnerable people, contribute to the development and engage. To be as wise as possible.

For the Queen's part, the willingness to assist vulnerable has meant a great commitment to children's rights, through the World Childhood Foundation, which celebrates 20 years in 2019.
"It's balanced course, of course, I do not want to be politically committed in any way, but in terms of humanitarian issues, I thought I could do an effort without being political," said the Queen.
Well-known is her work for better dementia care, through the Silviahem Foundation, and the Mentor Foundation, which works for young people's self-esteem and against drugs. Just how young today looking at drugs is something that concerns the Queen.
- Generally speaking, Swedish children feel good. But there are hard cases too, and you have to see that. What worries me is the attitude to drugs, it has changed.
- The attitude that "it is his decision, I must respect that". Then I wonder: If you witness a friend's drug abuse - when will you save your friend? When it's too late? This attitude when saying "it's his thing, I will not put myself in." It's dangerous and sad, I think-

The Queen also mentions an concern for homeless children, single parents, children who are mentally ill and are suicidal. The many shootings in the country's socially vulnerable areas are another concern for the Queen.
"It's a big helplessness. I know the police does what it is possible, but it's not that easy. It worries me a lot.-

Just over a year ago, the MeToo movement came to Sweden. Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria then chose to attend the reading of testimony from a call from actor, #tysttagtagning, which was held at the Södra Theater in Stockholm.
"I can not speak politically but to support me, it felt both for me and the Crown Princess it was important. It made a deep impression on us to listen to all the women who spoke."

"I think it is very important to pay attention to it and to talk about it in order to improve the situation."

Has the queen ever felt less treated just because the queen is a woman?
"Thank you, I have never had to experience it."

Certainly, the Queen's commitment to the questions we have talked so far is clear - but when the seven grandchildren speak, the Queen's face shines up a bit extra. She becomes almost full of laughter when she talks about being a grandmother and grandmother.
- It's the funniest thing! she says and continues:
"My mother always said that grandchildren are the dessert of life, and so it is! It's something you're not directly responsible for, and you can only stand and laugh, it's wonderful to see them in their development, what they do and find out and how they react."

Which of them is most like the queen?
- Neither! Almost everybody is blond ... But the princess Estelle might be as handy as I was.
The Queen tells her that she likes to bake with the grandchild. Recently she and Estelle made homemade pasta together.
- Then we invited the whole family to a surprise dinner. It was very fun.-

The queen comes into play with the grandchildren's involvement during baptism. When Princess Madeleine's daughter, Adrienne, was baptized in June this year, many of the other grandchildren could not resist the desire to touch a little - something that the Queen takes full rest.
- Jesus said that all children should come to him. So they're welcome and it's great they were with. But it is clear that it will be a bit long for a child and you can not really intervene either, you do not want it to get worse. Then you get it as it is. Children are children, and one should respect that too.

Something else that the Queen also seems to take along is this to fill years. Being 75 does not feel like something special, she thinks.
- It's only in the middle of it, nothing is special. And then I think of Queen Ingrid who said that birthdays, that's something that happens automatically. On the other hand, silver wedding or gold wedding, there is something special! Then both parties have worked actively to make it good.-

There is a great focus on age in our society today. How does the queen feel older?
"First of all, you can not avoid it. But you may see the world with some other eyes. I may have become a bit wiser and wiser, you hope so. You may share your time a bit better, and prioritize more."

Like the king, she has no plans to retire:
"As long as I and the King are able, we will continue. It's no bigger than that.

How do the Queen and King be so active?
- I do not know, it will be just that. It has to do with that if you think something is important then you would like to do it. Perhaps you have promised to attend an opening ceremony, then you will. There are many who have been involved and organized, organized and booked and invited others so we try to join just as we promised.

There is continuity that she believes is important for Sweden. But it is also important that Crown Princess Victoria has time with her family and can develop in peace and quiet before it is time for her to take the role of Head of State, considers the Queen.
- The king himself was 27 when he became king, and it is a big responsibility. That he gives the crown princess that time I think is very fine, and I obviously support him.

Some words of Silvia about her mother's disease for SVT...actually her words about electroshock really puzzle me...but maybe it is just my vision.

Queen Silvia in SVT about her unknown trauma: "My mom got electrical shocks"
It is a deeply serious queen we meet in SVT's interview. For the first time, she tells about her mother's severe depression.
On Monday, SVT sends Queen Silvia 75 years, Claes Elfsberg's hour-long interview with the Queen, recorded during the fall. And it's a whole new picture of the Queen's teens years that grows up. For the first time, she tells about the dark shadow of the family: Mama Alice's mental health.
The war between Brazil and Germany had taken Alice Sommerlath hard and her brother had been sent from Brazil to Italy to fight against the Germans.
- It was very heavy, especially as my mother was Brazilian and married to a German and lived in Germany. It was a very difficult time that you never talked about.-
Not in the queen's family either? asks Claes Elfsberg.
- No, you did not. I think it was a way to protect yourself, you did not talk about what had been so difficult. My mother reacted differently, she suffered deep depression afterwards. Sometimes there were shorter periods, sometimes longer.
- She got medications and electrical shocks. It was scary, but she felt good afterwards. But today there are many who say it was what gave her dementia later that she gave her electrical shocks in both brain halves. Today, you know more and only give a shock only to one side.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:26:33 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 09:19:28 PM »

Actually, as barbaric as it seems, electric shock therapy works well for refractive depression. They give IV sedation and it’s not painful.
I saw it done in nursing school and on 2 patients that I remember, they were like different people ( in a good way) afterwards
Duchess of Suffolk

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 12:06:19 PM »

onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 01:10:00 PM »

I think that Sylvia is much more happier since she got grandchildren!
I haven't follow the srf for many years but Sylvia's love for her grandchildren is obvious and it's very nice to see. Despite her desire for being queen, her accepting CG's aweful behavirou, her focus is her family and I believe she has understood the mistakes she made in the past.

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 05:02:26 PM »

Actually, as barbaric as it seems, electric shock therapy works well for refractive depression. They give IV sedation and it’s not painful.
I saw it done in nursing school and on 2 patients that I remember, they were like different people ( in a good way) afterwards

Yes you are right... Smiley  I have done some research later and it was really only my personal feeling

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 06:21:16 PM »

Hey, sorry, I didn’t mean to come off so preachy as I sound when re-reading this
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 07:22:19 PM »

Sorry if I missed it in the above posts, but is there going to be a gala dinner/celebration with other royals attending?
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 06:12:31 AM »

It just sunk in, Silvia is born the same year as my dad.... Thinking Laugh bounce
Olivia

Mini Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »

The family today at a seminar on the occasion for Silvia’s 75th birthday at the Oscar Theater in Stockholm (svnskadam)

Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 12:55:09 PM »

The family today at a seminar on the occasion for Silvia’s 75th birthday at the Oscar Theater in Stockholm (svnskadam)

Silvia's outfit has very nice rich color and I like her brooch, but I wish she had choosen shoes with some other color.
I though that with the winter we are over the floral fashion but it seems not. Both sisters wear floral dresses. Madeleine's dress has more concrete pattern and it looks better. She looks slim and fit.
Trust Sofia to wear scarlet red and stand next to The King but he has turned towards Silvia. Good for him!

Belga gallery:
https://www.belgaimage.be...;&text=queen%20silvia
jnozak

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »

Chris looks over it all.
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 01:36:20 PM »

Sylvia looks great but among the younger ladies of the srf S is the most well dressed - imo. I can't stand any more floral dresses.

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 02:35:11 PM »

Sylvia looks great but among the younger ladies of the srf S is the most well dressed - imo. I can't stand any more floral dresses.

In terms of style, I agree; the color, not so much. Of course Sssss is wearing red when nobody else does, of course, of course. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: