Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silvia's 75th Birthday: December 23  (Read 28587 times)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2018, 04:28:34 PM »

I do like the fit of Sofia red dress, maybe she should have worn this one to the Nobles.  And if Vic insists on wearing her hair pulled back why doesn't she take a page out of her sister book.  It's a pony tail but soft around the face and oh so pretty.

Re Victoriaís hair, I completely agree and have often wondered why she doesnít do that.  Weíve seen her wear ponytails before - just the basic sort.  I bet Madeleineís style would look great on her and it would be such a nice reprieve from the severe bun and its assorted modifications (low and to the side, for example).  Iíd love to know what goes on behind the scenes - if thereís much discussion about her overall style.  Maybe there is and they donít want to veer off from that unless itís a casual occasion.  It does seem like a lot of thought goes into how they present themselves.  (Well, at least for Victoria.  I think Snakey is left to her own devices because thereís just no explaining some of what she wears and how she wears it.)

I think the main difference is in the type of hair Vic has compared to Madeleine's.  Vic appears to have very thick, coarse, difficult to manage, wavy hair whereas Madeleine seems to have thick but manageable, fine, straight hair.  The type of hairstyles that Madeleine is known for would not work on Vic's hair because Vic's hair simply won't style in that manner.  Even on the one off appearances when Vic wears her hair down, you can clearly see the difference between the two sister's hair.  I imagine the effort to straighten Vic's hair is immense and that's simply not a battle she wants to fight everyday. 

Vic and CP have similar hair and that's why he tends to wear so much gel/product in his hair.  It's an effort to manage the thick curly/wavy, coarse hair.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 10:00:26 PM »

I do like the fit of Sofia red dress, maybe she should have worn this one to the Nobles.  And if Vic insists on wearing her hair pulled back why doesn't she take a page out of her sister book.  It's a pony tail but soft around the face and oh so pretty.

Re Victoriaís hair, I completely agree and have often wondered why she doesnít do that.  Weíve seen her wear ponytails before - just the basic sort.  I bet Madeleineís style would look great on her and it would be such a nice reprieve from the severe bun and its assorted modifications (low and to the side, for example).  Iíd love to know what goes on behind the scenes - if thereís much discussion about her overall style.  Maybe there is and they donít want to veer off from that unless itís a casual occasion.  It does seem like a lot of thought goes into how they present themselves.  (Well, at least for Victoria.  I think Snakey is left to her own devices because thereís just no explaining some of what she wears and how she wears it.)

I think the main difference is in the type of hair Vic has compared to Madeleine's.  Vic appears to have very thick, coarse, difficult to manage, wavy hair whereas Madeleine seems to have thick but manageable, fine, straight hair.  The type of hairstyles that Madeleine is known for would not work on Vic's hair because Vic's hair simply won't style in that manner.  Even on the one off appearances when Vic wears her hair down, you can clearly see the difference between the two sister's hair.  I imagine the effort to straighten Vic's hair is immense and that's simply not a battle she wants to fight everyday. 

Vic and CP have similar hair and that's why he tends to wear so much gel/product in his hair.  It's an effort to manage the thick curly/wavy, coarse hair.

I have hair like that. And it looks awful unless itís short, and then it looks great and is easy to care for. A short blow dry, apply a styling product and Iím done in 5 minutes. The wave works for me instead of against me.

She needs to cut it. Him too.
Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »

Iím having a hard time imagining her with short hair.  I donít know that she has the face for it.  But it might be the way to go if youíre just talking about the kind of hair she has. 
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2018, 04:09:32 PM »

Iím having a hard time imagining her with short hair.  I donít know that she has the face for it.  But it might be the way to go if youíre just talking about the kind of hair she has. 

Itís difficult to imagine for me too, just because Iíve hardly ever seen her with anything other than a ponytail. But if she got the right cut it would work.

Up until my late 30ís, I wore my hair long. I had two choices. I could spend 20 minutes blowing it dry and another 15 minutes straightening it, or I could put it in a French braid while still wet and manageable. Cutting it was a scary thought, but once I did I never looked back. Vic has enough hair that, even short, the volume would be sufficient for a tiara.
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2018, 04:36:31 PM »

Itís difficult to imagine for me too, just because Iíve hardly ever seen her with anything other than a ponytail. But if she got the right cut it would work.

Up until my late 30ís, I wore my hair long. I had two choices. I could spend 20 minutes blowing it dry and another 15 minutes straightening it, or I could put it in a French braid while still wet and manageable. Cutting it was a scary thought, but once I did I never looked back. Vic has enough hair that, even short, the volume would be sufficient for a tiara.
I'm not sure if her chin would look better or even more pointy and prominent, if she had her hair cut.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2018, 04:41:16 PM »

I donít know. The chin issue is definitely there but I donít think her super tight bun hair is helping her either in that department. Cutting her hair might flatter her more because it could help soften her rather strong facial features. She could wear something practical and professional but still softer and less severe. Weíre used to her with buns or ponytails but those arenít exactly flattering for her, IMO. She could look a lot smarter than she does. She has potential for so much more.

Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2018, 04:57:42 PM »

This is quite nice. Not too much of anything.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »

Yes, that is so beautiful! When she actually does something with her long hair, she looks great. But if she doesnít want to do that, a shorter hairstyle would look nice as well. In any case, she should opt for a softer hairstyle. Long or short.

Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2018, 05:16:06 PM »

I remember seeing one picture of her with her hair down and I thought she looked SO good, I couldnít imagine why she didnít wear it like that more often.  She was wearing a chefís smock, if I recall, and holding some sort of dish.  I did a quick search for it but no luck.  In any event, she does have some issues to skirt around, but I think almost everyone would appreciate a change up in the olí do! 
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »

Thick,  curly,  easily frizzy hair (I have it too) is much harder short.  You HAVE to style it every day or you look crazy.  While when it's long you can pull it back or the weight at least keeps some of the poofy-ness under control.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2018, 05:27:27 PM »

Just using some random web hairdo tester app - a Bob with a half fringe could work.
It would look good, make her younger and softer:

onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »

I donít know. The chin issue is definitely there but I donít think her super tight bun hair is helping her either in that department. Cutting her hair might flatter her more because it could help soften her rather strong facial features. She could wear something practical and professional but still softer and less severe. Weíre used to her with buns or ponytails but those arenít exactly flattering for her, IMO. She could look a lot smarter than she does. She has potential for so much more.
I agree, buns don't help either.
Ginger's photo of Vic is perfect. The length seems ideal and it frames her face beautifully.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2018, 10:46:55 PM »

It is beautiful, but I wonder if Vic is capable of producing that style in her own.  My hair would always behave for my stylist- never for me.

Thick,  curly,  easily frizzy hair (I have it too) is much harder short.  You HAVE to style it every day or you look crazy.  While when it's long you can pull it back or the weight at least keeps some of the poofy-ness under control.

I am a big believer in having the right cut, which makes doing my hair very easy. I have very thick, curly and easily frizzed hair. But after a quick blow dry and a good pat down with this, I’m done in about 5-10 minutes:

https://us.phyto.com/nour...shing-styling-pomade.html

I have some sympathy for Vic. I think I wore a hat for the two weeks Mr. Beaverhausen and I toured the Baltic.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:55:04 PM by anastasia beaverhausen » Logged
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2018, 11:13:54 PM »

Short hair is not a good option if you have frizzy hair.A good keratin treatment works wonders.  Thumb up
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2018, 01:45:03 AM »

Slight change of topic, but what's everyone's favourite tiara look from Silvia?
I love the outfit she wore for the state visit to Britain and the nobel look where she had red drops in her hair
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: