Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Meghan's behaviour - observed and noticed  (Read 62992 times)
Butterbean

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2018, 09:44:59 PM »

Excellent thread!  Star
Sparkle never was and never will be a feminist. Her whole career is built on being a woman and a sultry and sexy one that is 
If she was a true feminist, hypothetically of course, she would have asked Dimwit to come and live with her in Toronto while she kept on earning her own income. But no, she jumped on the gravy train quicker than a feminist can say equality. Not a good role model for young women at all  Thumb down

I think feminism can mean different things to different women. For some, it's being a staying home mother. For some, it's choosing not to be a mother and focusing on career and education instead. For others, it's finding a balance between the two, and for even others it's ... well ... I won't go any further other than to say it's, as you stated above, using their feminine wiles to get ahead. I have no problem with Sparkles declaring herself a feminist. What I do have, though, is a problem with her utter and flagrant hypocrisy: saying that she stood her ground regarding nudity and love scenes in "Suits", yet then doing a video like the one where she was grilling burgers, using sex to try to get ahead. Or that she calls herself a vegetarian ... but apparently only on weekends ... or when she's offered money/publicity to do something like the grilling video. She was effusive in her praise of herself as a mom to rescue dogs, yet she callously left one behind when she moved to England. She calls herself a humanitarian, yet she wears outfits and carries accessories that cost more than many people's yearly salaries. I realize that, as a royal, she needs to look the part, but she has been absolutely obscene with her spending and so far has shown no inclination toward following Letizia or Victoria's example of mixing high street with high end. She's an expert at talking the talk, but as far as walking the walk, I can't take her seriously. As others have posted regarding Sparkles, the dress she wore in her engagement photos was the very definition of "Begin as you mean to go on." I had tried to like her up to that point and to give her the benefit of the doubt, but 56,000 quid for ONE dress for ONE occasion was just obscene and showed me that she was going to prove to be exactly what she has: more interested in the position, the celebrity, and the perks than in the actual role and all that it entails. She's a monumental hypocrite, full stop.

Star
Paulina

Warned
Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 09:46:08 PM »

Star PeDe and  Star Pixiecat

It was really on Harry to educate her what she would be getting into. He didn't. She had some notion about it, and embraced it. Now it seems she wants to complain about how stifling it is through different friends and PR machines (clearly outside of KP), but wants to wear the fancy clothes and go to the fancy events. She might have been a longtime outspoken feminist, whatever but she was hardly well known. I honestly think that was also part of her stepping stone. The thing is, now that she got where she is, is she content??

She does not walk her talk. Why did the Queen or whoever is in charge allow the wedding to go forward so fast? They could have waited a year while she lived in London.
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »

I'm still hoping that she's still going through a settling in phase with the BRF and that after the child is born and she starts working again, she will start to practise what she used to preach and earn some respect.  I think there is a balance to be struck between being an independent-thinking feminist and being a member of the BRF.  Change can come from within by picking your battles and taking baby steps.  I'm not holding my breath though.  

Margaret you are a better person than me.

As far as I am concerned Sparkles is done. I have no regard for her and her so called game changing, she had a chance to at least make a good impression and she squandered it.

She will have to crawl through broken glass,  hot coals and liquid tar to come back from her current position.

She was never going to change the monarchy yet she pimped herself as the saviour of this institution, well now here comes the blow back from her obvious and predictable failure.

Good luck to her she is going  to need it.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 10:49:28 PM »

Excellent thread!  Star
Sparkle never was and never will be a feminist. Her whole career is built on being a woman and a sultry and sexy one that is  
If she was a true feminist, hypothetically of course, she would have asked Dimwit to come and live with her in Toronto while she kept on earning her own income. But no, she jumped on the gravy train quicker than a feminist can say equality. Not a good role model for young women at all  Thumb down

I think feminism can mean different things to different women. For some, it's being a staying home mother. For some, it's choosing not to be a mother and focusing on career and education instead. For others, it's finding a balance between the two, and for even others it's ... well ... I won't go any further other than to say it's, as you stated above, using their feminine wiles to get ahead. I have no problem with Sparkles declaring herself a feminist. What I do have, though, is a problem with her utter and flagrant hypocrisy: saying that she stood her ground regarding nudity and love scenes in "Suits", yet then doing a video like the one where she was grilling burgers, using sex to try to get ahead. Or that she calls herself a vegetarian ... but apparently only on weekends ... or when she's offered money/publicity to do something like the grilling video. She was effusive in her praise of herself as a mom to rescue dogs, yet she callously left one behind when she moved to England. She calls herself a humanitarian, yet she wears outfits and carries accessories that cost more than many people's yearly salaries. I realize that, as a royal, she needs to look the part, but she has been absolutely obscene with her spending and so far has shown no inclination toward following Letizia or Victoria's example of mixing high street with high end. She's an expert at talking the talk, but as far as walking the walk, I can't take her seriously. As others have posted regarding Sparkles, the dress she wore in her engagement photos was the very definition of "Begin as you mean to go on." I had tried to like her up to that point and to give her the benefit of the doubt, but 56,000 quid for ONE dress for ONE occasion was just obscene and showed me that she was going to prove to be exactly what she has: more interested in the position, the celebrity, and the perks than in the actual role and all that it entails. She's a monumental hypocrite, full stop.

This. All of it.  Star

I'm still hoping that she's still going through a settling in phase with the BRF and that after the child is born and she starts working again, she will start to practise what she used to preach and earn some respect.  I think there is a balance to be struck between being an independent-thinking feminist and being a member of the BRF.  Change can come from within by picking your battles and taking baby steps.  I'm not holding my breath though. 

Margaret you are a better person than me.

As far as I am concerned Sparkles is done. I have no regard for her and her so called game changing, she had a chance to at least make a good impression and she squandered it.

She will have to crawl through broken glass,  hot coals and liquid tar to come back from her current position.

She was never going to change the monarchy yet she pimped herself as the saviour of this institution, well now here comes the blow back from her obvious and predictable failure.

Good luck to her she is going  to need it.

Star  This is exactly the issue I have with her.  She's literally all talk and nothing but hypocrisy. Her behavior both before Harry and after the wedding proves this time and again. 
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 11:28:32 PM »

Star  This is exactly the issue I have with her.  She's literally all talk and nothing but hypocrisy. Her behavior both before Harry and after the wedding proves this time and again.  
Very well said,that's my issue too with her and all those ppl whos talks are bigger than walk,she is of those who like we said from where i come [sell the air ] they put the bar high and do nothing yet expect ppl to be all awwww and waaaaaa...i have no respect for sush persons sorry.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 12:37:02 AM »

It was really on Harry to educate her what she would be getting into. He didn't. She had some notion about it, and embraced it. Now it seems she wants to complain about how stifling it is through different friends and PR machines (clearly outside of KP), but wants to wear the fancy clothes and go to the fancy events. She might have been a longtime outspoken feminist, whatever but she was hardly well known. I honestly think that was also part of her stepping stone. The thing is, now that she got where she is, is she content??

She does not walk her talk. Why did the Queen or whoever is in charge allow the wedding to go forward so fast? They could have waited a year while she lived in London.

Paulina  Star Back at you!

Star  This is exactly the issue I have with her.  She's literally all talk and nothing but hypocrisy. Her behavior both before Harry and after the wedding proves this time and again. 
Very well said,that's my issue too with her and all those ppl whos talks are bigger than walk,she is of those who like we said from where i come [sell the air ] they put the bar high and do nothing yet expect ppl to be all awwww and waaaaaa...i have no respect for sush persons sorry.

I couldn't agree more, Rita.  Star
Yvonne

Mini Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 12:44:13 AM »

This is the article the academics wrote:

https://countesscuriosity...sto-meghan-markle-and-the
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 02:00:17 AM »

Meghan Markle is 100% committed to Meghan Markle.  Pretty much everything she has done has been solely to promote herself and push herself forward.
This. Every word. Star
jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 02:32:34 AM »

What bugs me about her (especially in the early days) was getting hit over the head with how Empowered! and Independent! she is. Okay, we get it. I was excited about her at first with her being an American marrying in and I always had a soft spot for Harry (and I like red headed men). She leaves me cold now. I understand how some here say she'd never marry into this family if she was a true feminist. I just don't get the vibe that she happened to fall in love with him and was willing to make a sacrifice for love. I'd give her leeway for that. I'd say that for her SIL. Am I making sense? I also don't like how she has a history of discarding those who are no longer useful to her.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 03:07:56 AM »

A lot of things don't add up.

Relationship timeline...engagement interview said they had 6 months before the stroppy letter (early November 2016) so that would mean Late April or Early May...when she was still with Cory.   "Official" published stories are July 2016...he spent mid/late July through early September in Africa (Lesotho, South Africa, Malawi, & Botswana).

Leaving Suits...creator said in interview in November 2017 that they "we decided to take a gamble that these two people were in love and it was going to work out" and made the decision to write her out of the show in Fall 2016.   I'm guessing that since Patrick J Adams was already leaving (he got married in December 2016 and his wife lives in LA) and contracts were up for renewal (right?) that she would have been written out regardless and they were hoping to use the relationship to increase viewing numbers.

Her family...not that there's not a whole truck load of crazy but...Tig told one story...and reality...well the less said the better.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 03:17:03 AM »

Relationship timeline...engagement interview said they had 6 months before the stroppy letter (early November 2016) so that would mean Late April or Early May...when she was still with Cory.   "Official" published stories are July 2016...he spent mid/late July through early September in Africa (Lesotho, South Africa, Malawi, & Botswana).

Leaving Suits...creator said in interview in November 2017 that they "we decided to take a gamble that these two people were in love and it was going to work out" and made the decision to write her out of the show in Fall 2016.   I'm guessing that since Patrick J Adams was already leaving (he got married in December 2016 and his wife lives in LA) and contracts were up for renewal (right?) that she would have been written out regardless and they were hoping to use the relationship to increase viewing numbers.

Her family...not that there's not a whole truck load of crazy but...Tig told one story...and reality...well the less said the better.

Nutshell version: it's all horse crap? Wink

cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2018, 03:26:40 AM »

Ahhhhhhh, yes?
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2018, 03:53:09 AM »

I would suspect their age (especially hers) for obstetric issues was pushing it along a bit. If she's thinking to have more than one, espcially not knowing if she would get pg easily. You see Stephanie and Guilliame of Lux or Charlene and Albert of Monaco (for that matter my house) and understand it may not always happen immediately (aka for years).
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2018, 06:58:25 AM »

Star OhC, Jolene, and Paulina

and Paulina, NO Chookie Flower Bean is NOt content!1 she already has her eye on the next stepping stone, next prize... 

G Smiley

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2018, 10:38:23 AM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/...ess/ar-BBR3GXF?ocid=ientp

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: