Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Godparent guesses for H&M's baby ...  (Read 6551 times)
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2018, 04:54:16 PM »

i read that william, kate and charles  most likely wouldn't be godparents since they'll be the uncle, aunt and grandparent as it is.  that makes sense.
SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 05:14:46 PM »

My guesses are Peter, a Spencer cousin, the childhood friend who sat next to Doria at the wedding, and an aristo friend.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 05:24:23 PM »

^ Actually, they do. In fact, I believe that Charles' grandfather George VI was one of his godparents. I'm sure there's info available listing all the godparents of the current BRF members.

You're right. His eight godparents were:

King George VI, his maternal grandfather.
Queen Mary, his maternal great-grandmother.
Princess Margaret, his maternal aunt.
The Dowager Marchioness of Milford Haven, his paternal great-grandmother.
Baroness Brabourne, his cousin. Later known as Countess Mountbatten of Burma.
King Haakon VII of Norway, who was unable to attend and for whom the Earl of Athlone stood proxy.
Prince George of Greece and Denmark, his paternal great-uncle. Prince George didn’t attend the christening and was represented by the Duke of Edinburgh instead.

Being Back on topic - My bets:

- Jessica
- One/two of Harry's friends
- Maybe someone from Spencer side
- A royal cousin
- Some nonsense Hollywood, as George/Amal

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
thecrownjewelthief

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »

My guesses are Peter, a Spencer cousin, the childhood friend who sat next to Doria at the wedding, and an aristo friend.

I hope it's something like this. I could see Jessica sneaking in as well, but at least Meghan actually has known her since before Harry.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2018, 12:29:07 PM »

^^^ This is an interesting notion.  I've never heard of a grandparent being named as a godparent.  Is this a common thing anywhere?

I thought godparents were the same generation as the parents , so they can look after them.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »

I agree. When it is all said and done, I doubt that there will be a "celebrity" as a Godparent
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2018, 01:23:02 PM »

Being Back on topic - My bets:

- Jessica
- One/two of Harry's friends
- Maybe someone from Spencer side
- A royal cousin
- Some nonsense Hollywood, as George/Amal

I agree Thistle, you can bet on some Hollywood types!

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
temi

Huge Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »

since it is a religious ceremony, and not a photo op, don't the godparents have to be at least Christian?

Jessica (Brownstein) Mulroney is Jewish/Ben Mulroney is Catholic - so maybe Ben will get the honour?

Amal is Muslim. I'm thinking Serena would be as hollywood as they could go.

Blueskies

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2018, 01:50:13 PM »

What a sad state of affairs that this baby is being brought into this world with no contact with the maternal side other than Doria.  JMO, but a christening should be inclusive with family present.  And this one will highlight the discord on her side, much like the wedding.  Iím not surprised given all thatís happened, just sad that this is how it will be.  Celebrity friends mean zero.  Royal family members - how long has she really known this family?  Again, virtually meaningless in my eyes.  But then sheís about as fake as they come so I shouldnít be surprised. 
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2018, 03:07:17 PM »

^^^ This is an interesting notion.  I've never heard of a grandparent being named as a godparent.  Is this a common thing anywhere?

I thought godparents were the same generation as the parents , so they can look after them.

Some people chose the same people as godparents and guardians but a lot donít.  My aunt and uncle were my godparents but in my parents will my maternal grandmother was listed as guardian. 

Lord knows that no one but the royals would get a royal kids if something happened to both parents.   There is also a really old law (1700s ?) that says the sovereign has legal custody of minor grandchildren even while their parents are alive.  Thatís why neither the Wales or the Yorks had anything about custody in their divorce settlements.  That law has not be enforced in forever but itís still there.

Wow, sorry for going so OT.
QueenE

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2018, 05:17:52 PM »

My aunt and uncle are my godparents and I'm godmother-to-be to my niece (she's getting baptized next week) So family isn't unusual.

I didn't know Jessica Mulroney was Jewish - maybe she'll convert so she can be a godparent and try to be important.  Roll Eyes
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »

Not necessarily. My paternal grandmother was my godparent as well.  So it's fairly common here to do that too.

Maybe Meghan will choose Serena as godparent  . I would have thought that Harry would have been godparent to one of Kate en Williams children so I don't think he will choose them. Zara is already godparent to George so maybe they won't choose her. Maybe one of the York girls will be godparent  Smiley .
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:28:36 PM by Marieke » Logged
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2018, 01:50:05 AM »

Not exactly godparent related, but if this child is a girl and has Serena, Michelle or amal in her name, or George, Barack (you get the idea) in his name then I will not be surprised one jot. Gotta showcase those "connections"!
Wardrobe mistress

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2018, 02:03:50 AM »

I think.   Ralph Lauren...maybe he will convert

Charlotte Casiraghi....they can exchange the favor..
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »

Peter and Autumn
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: