Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kent Family  (Read 140329 times)
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: June 15, 2019, 07:54:51 PM »

Duke of Kent involved in car accident:
https://www.dailymail.co....student-21-terrified.html

Oh dear.  I guess he didnít stop because he was unaware of what he did?  This might get messy.  The young lady in the Mini doesnít seem publicity shy.

It will get messy. After the DoE's accident, a precedent was set. So it's not surprising the young lady is speaking up.

I'll give the Duke the benefit of the doubt, that he didn't stop because the accident went on behind him, until proven otherwise. But, when the young lady talks about the Duke seeming to pull out, then hesitating, then going - that annoys me to no end when people do that.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: June 16, 2019, 12:56:50 AM »

Duke of Kent involved in car accident:
https://www.dailymail.co....student-21-terrified.html

Oh dear.  I guess he didnít stop because he was unaware of what he did?  This might get messy.  The young lady in the Mini doesnít seem publicity shy.

It will get messy. After the DoE's accident, a precedent was set. So it's not surprising the young lady is speaking up.

I'll give the Duke the benefit of the doubt, that he didn't stop because the accident went on behind him, until proven otherwise. But, when the young lady talks about the Duke seeming to pull out, then hesitating, then going - that annoys me to no end when people do that.

If, after he initially hesitated but then decided to go ahead, she was forced to swerve to the right and collide with the raised median strip in the centre of the highway and he didn't see it, he wasn't paying attention and that to me is evidence his ability to be driving at all should be investigated.  IMO he was directly involved in this collision, it didn't take place behind him.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: June 16, 2019, 05:07:05 AM »

^ A similar thing happened to me years ago on a country road. A car was on a side road, at the point of turning into a main road, it stopped, and then pulled out onto the road in front of me. I ran into a ditch to avoid hitting the car. Save for the expense of getting a tow truck, no damage was done. But I was shaken up. A police report was made. The driver of the other car showed up to report his version of the inciident. He was told by the Police Dept that he was in the wrong because the road was not clear for him to make a turn and that I had the right-of-way. He received a ticket. Otherwise the insurance would not have paid the towing bill and it would have been counted against my driving record.

I've taken driver 'refresher' courses that review the driving rules and defensive driving. But I'm always amazed at how many drivers don't understand right-of-way and the safe way to enter a roadway from a subsidiary road. They assume that everyone else has to stop for them. There are roads that I avoid in the evening because the are poorly lighted and not controlled by stop signs or traffic signals. It makes for an 'anything goes' situation with turning cars.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: June 16, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »

Well there are two other witnesses, whose testimony will help clear up the case:
The Duke might have been responsible or might not have been.
A friend of mine had been accused of something similar, however luckily for him, a witness was able to tell that the other driver lost control of his/her car because she/he had been on the mobile instead of paying attention to the road.
While of course a driver turning into a road or changing from a slip road has to give way to cars already on that other lane,  those cars have to make switching lanes possible.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: June 16, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »

He can barely even stand up or walk. Too weak and slow to operate a vehicle, in my opinion. I feel for older people having to give up driving, but not enough to make excuses for their risking other people's lives.

"A Buckingham Palace spokesman said today: 'A royal household vehicle was involved indirectly in a collision on June 2 in Sussex. All the relevant details have been passed to the police.'" Rubbish! He was directly involved. If he drove that way so close to her that she had to swerve to avoid him, he was directly involved.

When you have a private car and a driver why the heck do you even need to drive at that age? hmmm?

Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: June 16, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »

He can barely even stand up or walk. Too weak and slow to operate a vehicle, in my opinion. I feel for older people having to give up driving, but not enough to make excuses for their risking other people's lives.

"A Buckingham Palace spokesman said today: 'A royal household vehicle was involved indirectly in a collision on June 2 in Sussex. All the relevant details have been passed to the police.'" Rubbish! He was directly involved. If he drove that way so close to her that she had to swerve to avoid him, he was directly involved.

When you have a private car and a driver why the heck do you even need to drive at that age? hmmm?
[[/b]/quote]

This I would like to know too.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: June 17, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »

Independence...and the fact, that what you have is always not quite as good as what is on the other side of the fence...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Liebe

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: June 17, 2019, 12:18:44 PM »

Independence...and the fact, that what you have is always not quite as good as what is on the other side of the fence...

Convincing an older person to give up driving is one of the hardest things to do. I have great admiration for the seniors I know who have done it willingly, and I hope I am wise enough to know when that time comes. In cases where dementia is concerned, we've just disabled the cars.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: July 10, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »

Sophie and Fred had a big night out...  Laugh bounce

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: