Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News II  (Read 189240 times)
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1335 on: January 09, 2020, 04:22:10 AM »

OT
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:51:29 AM by DejaVu » Logged

Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1336 on: January 09, 2020, 04:26:04 AM »

A bit sad? Those are not the words I would have used.

What words would you have used? I’m not a fan of Royalty but it is a bit sad that he didn’t inform the Queen.
Monsterously disloyal and spectacularly shortsighted? They also lit a Molotov Cocktail, that once lit cannot be put out. This will NOT end well. And to be stupid enough to do it in the middle of Andrew's mess is just too much. The Yorkies must be dancing a jig.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:38:51 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #1337 on: January 09, 2020, 04:45:36 AM »

I’m a bit confused about how it’s all going to work? Their announcement was a decent length but it really didn’t explain everything.
To me it seems they want to have one foot in one world and another foot in the other. Which won’t work, in my opinion. If they wish to live a private life then fine, but they don’t get any money from taxpayers or the duchy and no titles.
Also, it’s a bit sad that Harry didn’t inform the Queen fully of his and Meghan’s plans.

I took some time to read their statements at their webpage, yes, they don't actually live of the grant but a 5% of their whole expenses, I'd love still to see how much is that, of course, Frogmore's and Kensington's works came out ot that, same goes to travelling and living expenses when they travelled representing The Crown, the wedding, etc. Most of their living $$$ comes through Charles who in turn takes it from the Duchy of Cornwall. Will that stop? One can only wonder... I know he is giving the duchy in trust until he inherites the Crowm but now William is starting to manage that too, will he like to be seeing approving his brother's lifestyle and behaviour? I wonder...  Secret

It's known he inherited some money from, The Queen Mum, so did William but less given he is going to be king some day; and some of his mother, that I don't know much, does any how much she get out of Diana or if she actually had a will? That money was invested for sure, I'm almost sure I read about that, and some normal person might live out of those investments. Plus, he is going to get some more when HM dies out of her personal fortune, same the rest of the grandchildren and children, but that is far from enough to fund their very expensive lifestyle he is grown accostumed to.

If this movement goes wrong, which I sincerely hope since it is about time he lives in the real world, I don't know exactly how they will "pay the rent" unless they cut almost everything that is not essential. Their privileged place now is funded by its very royal position, if that stops, what does he have to offer?  
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:59:17 AM by Konradin » Logged
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1338 on: January 09, 2020, 04:48:39 AM »

Little concerned that bringing up the O/t couple will invite fresh trolls.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1339 on: January 09, 2020, 04:51:44 AM »

Seems we’re just getting visited by the danish troll with a new name.  Ranting
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1340 on: January 09, 2020, 04:53:40 AM »

Seems we’re just getting visited by the danish troll with a new name.  Ranting

Yes, I made friends with the Ignore button on that. Ah, sweet serenity!

I was thinking more of fresh BRF trolls, given recent events,

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1341 on: January 09, 2020, 05:10:18 AM »

But isn't this exactly what quite a few of the European royals do? 

Princess Madeline of Sweden lives a 'private' life in Florida while retaining her Royal Status and getting paid for her 'royal' duties?

The Dutch Royal brothers had / have jobs.

Prince Joachim from Denmark lives in France but is presumably still 'paid' for representing the crown?

Even QE2's daughter, Anne, woks    and presumably earns money while still representing the crown.

So why can't Harry (currently 6th in line?) Do the same.

Madeleine and her husband full fund their private lives and in 2019 Madeleine only did 17 events over 11 days that were viewed as official and as such that she would have been compensated for.  She's not maintaining an office, etc.

The funding for the Dutch royal family limits allowances to The King, The Queen, Princess Beatrice, and soon The Princess of Orange.  There is also funding for official duties, transport, housing, etc.  Prince Constantijn is not a working royal and as such only rarely carries out engagements, receives no allowance, and doesn't maintain a royal office.

Prince Joachim is in France this year at the invitation of President Macron, and the French Minister of Defense, and is training 6 days a week.  This is an incredible honor and he is the first member of the Danish military to attend.

Anne does 500+ engagements a year and rightly so has an office to oversee her calendar.  She doesn't "earn money" but has her expenses covered.

Harry is a grown man throwing a tantrum.  He wants to have his cake and eat it too.  He wants Duchy of Cornwall money, taxpayer funded housing and security, and full royal honors all while commercializing himself and his wife.  Other's tried to have a "grace period" but nothing to this level...and those others were strong slammed on this board.

Sorry Maria...I know that the Sussex couple is OT but I had to respond.

And you did it brilliantly..... Thumb up  Star

Your statment is absolutely accurate, and H&M don't hold up to the comparison of the above mentioned other royals.

Star from me too OC.

They are acting like spoiled children. And the cooler heads in the brf will hopefully let them go their own way.  It will save a ton of embarrassment in the long run.

Star Me too OC.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1342 on: January 09, 2020, 05:11:45 AM »

I still think Sussex Royal will become a lifestyle brand -- sheets, towels, pie plates.  I bet that Megan acts again. She will guest star for top dollar. I'm not sure what Harry will do 

Coming soon to your local ***mart . . . .

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
Silent_eyes

Ignore
« Reply #1343 on: January 09, 2020, 05:26:46 AM »

I took some time to read their statements at their webpage, yes, they don't actually live of the grant but a 5% of their whole expenses, I'd love still to see how much is that, of course, Frogmore's and Kensington's works came out ot that, same goes to travelling and living expenses when they travelled representing The Crown, the wedding, etc. Most of their living $$$ comes through Charles who in turn takes it from the Duchy of Cornwall. Will that stop? One can only wonder... I know he is giving the duchy in trust until he inherites the Crowm but now William is starting to manage that too, will he like to be seeing approving his brother's lifestyle and behaviour? I wonder...  Secret

It's known he inherited some money from, The Queen Mum, so did William but less given he is going to be king some day; and some of his mother, that I don't know much, does any how much she get out of Diana or if she actually had a will? That money was invested for sure, I'm almost sure I read about that, and some normal person might live out of those investments. Plus, he is going to get some more when HM dies out of her personal fortune, same the rest of the grandchildren and children, but that is far from enough to fund their very expensive lifestyle he is grown accostumed to.

This article says he inherited about £10 million from Diana

https://www.thebalance.co...-diana-s-will-say-3505096

Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1344 on: January 09, 2020, 05:46:35 AM »

Will Prince Harry give up the Invictus Games?

I think they are keeping all their current patronages

How can they keep patronages  after chucking their senior royal status? Also, can the Queen revoke the patronages  she gave? Would any patronage even want to be associated with them now? Can a patronage part ways of their values are not aligned or are patronage’s forced to have whatever royal is given to them?
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1345 on: January 09, 2020, 06:09:58 AM »

I wonder whether they used only their Instagram for this message, or does anyone know? did they inform BP and the family separately? Thinking about it, using Instagram is quite a slap in the face, or am I old fashioned?

Wouldn't it have been better to inform the family first (or discuss it with them?), then the officials, and then simply do it? without attention-seeking Instagram announcement?

I hope they won't regret the day. It wasn't working before, I hope it will work now.
Konradin

Small Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #1346 on: January 09, 2020, 06:25:30 AM »

This article says he inherited about £10 million from Diana

https://www.thebalance.co...-diana-s-will-say-3505096

Thanks for the info, I check another article and the Queen Mum left both Harry and William £14 million, according to the BBC, the Queen Mother put the bulk of her estimated £70 million (roughly $89 million) fortune into a trust fund for her great-grandchildren in 1994, Harry is going to get the major share of this given that William will be king, let's say £20 million, perhaps? Still, not enough to get their expenses going as they are if they were cut out.
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1347 on: January 09, 2020, 07:14:09 AM »

I told y’all 2020 will not be a great year for the BRF. This is just the beginning. I feel like more of Andrew mess will happen, Brexit, WK have to step up now because they have sole public attention, if they don’t they are screwed. Yep and the family thought Diana was bad.
Kashka

Medium Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #1348 on: January 09, 2020, 07:45:40 AM »

The Shovel, an Australian satirical magazine has this breaking news: The Queen is also leaving the Royal Family! 
http://www.theshovel.com....VnAvgGGzqyCzM01rXAhdB1EvQ
Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #1349 on: January 09, 2020, 07:50:09 AM »

Didn't they copyrighted/trademarked their 'brand' already months ago? I remember something about that. Didn't someone found that out? Back then I found that completelly odd. In the light of what we know now ... . So was this planned way before I wonder?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: