Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News II  (Read 82215 times)
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2019, 12:29:22 AM »

The over-the-top hysterical reaction and planned protests will make it all about him, that's for sure, without his ego's help!
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2019, 01:04:53 AM »

Andrew, Edward and Sophie have been made Vice Presidents of The Royal Windsor Horse Show.

A new photo was taken for the occasion.

That’s actually a really lovely photo.

How appropriate for Porchey's son, that's probably why the full head of hair, too Secret Whistle

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: April 26, 2019, 03:46:11 AM »

Laugh bounce That's hilarious.

Like the stories of the Queen driving Saudi royals through Balmoral and them freaking out because women don't drive!

Can't see HM having much of a relationship here unlike with, example, the Reagans. Hopefully, it will not be too much of a mess. It should be about D-Day not about him.

Rest assured it will be about him. Everything  is always about him.

Unfortunately true. He will embarrass himself for sure.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: April 26, 2019, 04:20:41 AM »

Andrew, Edward and Sophie have been made Vice Presidents of The Royal Windsor Horse Show.

How appropriate for Porchey's son, that's probably why the full head of hair, too Secret Whistle           

Is this the first time that The Royal Windsor Horse Show has had more than one Vice President?
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: April 26, 2019, 01:47:57 PM »

Andrew does look like  a Porchester.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: April 26, 2019, 02:38:26 PM »

Andrew does look like  a Porchester.

Or Porkchester, even, based on the strain that jacket button is under

Take your pedopologies elsewhere
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: April 26, 2019, 02:48:52 PM »

It should be about D-Day not about him.  Rest assured it will be about him. Everything  is always about him.

Truer words have never been spoken.  As an American I'm just going to apologize up front and say how sorry I am he'll be sullying your shores.  I'm embarrassed, appalled and terrified by this deplorable regime every single day, it's exhausting.   

I'm sorry the Queen followed through on this and invited him and he gets the big show boat parade and things.  Personally I hope protests and crowds ruin the whole day for him.  There will be other D-Day celebrations but the world needs to constantly turn out and call him on his behavior, don't make any thing easy for him and add glory  to his crimes. JMO thank you for ignoring the rant.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: April 26, 2019, 03:18:58 PM »

CoC, I'm with you!   Thumb up

The Queen is full of grace for hosting the temporary President.
Mind you, all US Presidents are temporary.
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: April 26, 2019, 03:19:43 PM »

Well, the last of his tweets I got to know of was the one to the president of Sri Lanka, with the condolences for the "138 mio. victims". Then, I read that he called Pope Francis to offer his sympathy to the Catholic Church for the severe damage of Notre Dame (obviously, he didn't know that Notre Dame is not amongst the Vatican assets for more than 100 years now ...). Pope Francis must have been like: WTF?

It's so easy to imagine what he would write to each single happening in the whole world: simple sentence, him in the center, at least one fact wrong, and one sidekick to embarrass at least ten thousand readers.

I just hope he keeps away from Germany when visiting Europe in June. Although he might want to get some advice:
Tweet: "Visited East Germany Border Patrol Veterans today. Those folks knew how to build a Wall! Have recruited some."

Hmm - apparently he lays claim to German relatives - but I thought his father was born in the US ?
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: April 26, 2019, 03:35:14 PM »

It should be about D-Day not about him.  Rest assured it will be about him. Everything  is always about him.

Truer words have never been spoken.  As an American I'm just going to apologize up front and say how sorry I am he'll be sullying your shores.  I'm embarrassed, appalled and terrified by this deplorable regime every single day, it's exhausting.   

I'm sorry the Queen followed through on this and invited him and he gets the big show boat parade and things.  Personally I hope protests and crowds ruin the whole day for him.  There will be other D-Day celebrations but the world needs to constantly turn out and call him on his behavior, don't make any thing easy for him and add glory  to his crimes. JMO thank you for ignoring the rant.

may  the wind toss all the horse poop bags right into his face.......................
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: April 26, 2019, 03:36:23 PM »

Well, the last of his tweets I got to know of was the one to the president of Sri Lanka, with the condolences for the "138 mio. victims". Then, I read that he called Pope Francis to offer his sympathy to the Catholic Church for the severe damage of Notre Dame (obviously, he didn't know that Notre Dame is not amongst the Vatican assets for more than 100 years now ...). Pope Francis must have been like: WTF?

It's so easy to imagine what he would write to each single happening in the whole world: simple sentence, him in the center, at least one fact wrong, and one sidekick to embarrass at least ten thousand readers.

I just hope he keeps away from Germany when visiting Europe in June. Although he might want to get some advice:
Tweet: "Visited East Germany Border Patrol Veterans today. Those folks knew how to build a Wall! Have recruited some."

Hmm - apparently he lays claim to German relatives - but I thought his father was born in the US ?

According to Wikipedia:

"...Donald John Trump was born on June 14, 1946, at the Jamaica Hospital in the borough of Queens, New York City.[1][2] His parents were Frederick Christ Trump, a real estate developer, and Mary Anne MacLeod.[3] Trump grew up in the Jamaica Estates neighborhood of Queens…"

"...Trump's ancestors originated from the German village of Kallstadt in the Palatinate on his father's side, and from the Outer Hebrides in Scotland on his mother's side. All of his grandparents and his mother were born in Europe.[25] …."

"..Frederick Christ Trump was born in the Bronx on October 11, 1905. He was the second of three children of German Lutheran immigrants Frederick and Elizabeth Christ Trump. He had an older sister, Elizabeth Trump Walters (1904–1961), and a younger brother, John G. Trump. Fred was conceived in Bavaria, where his parents had tried unsuccessfully to re-establish residency, returning to New York upon the SS Pennsylvania on July 1, 1905.[1]…."

"...Mary Anne Trump (née MacLeod, Scottish Gaelic: Màiri Anna NicLeòid; May 10, 1912 – August 7, 2000) ……. Mary Anne MacLeod was born in a pebbledash croft house owned by her father since 1895 in Tong on the Isle of Lewis.[2]…….Raised in a Scottish Gaelic-speaking household, Mary was the youngest of ten children born to Malcolm MacLeod (1866–1954) and Mary MacLeod (née Smith; 1867–1963).[7] Her father was a crofter, fisherman and compulsory officer at Mary's school.[2][3][Crazy[9] English was her second language, which she learned at the school she attended until eighth grade.[2]…..With several sisters having already established themselves there,[9] Mary Anne MacLeod may have first visited the United States for a short stay in December 1929. She was issued immigration visa number 26698 at Glasgow on February 17, 1930.[8 ] On May 2, MacLeod departed Glasgow on board the RMS Transylvania arriving in New York City on May 11 (one day after her 18th birthday). She declared she intended to become a U.S. citizen and would be staying permanently in America.[3][8 ][9] In doing so she became what would later be termed an economic migrant, one of tens of thousands of young Scots who left for the United States or Canada during this period, Scotland having suffered badly the consequences of the Clearances and World War I.[10][11] The alien passenger list of the Transylvania lists her occupation as a domestic worker.[2][12] …."

So, the story is that Donald's father was conceived in Germany, but was born in the USA. If I understand it correct Donald's paternal grandparents were German immigrants to the USA, but have tried to re-establish them self in their motherland again. When this didn't work out they went back to the USA again.

Donald's mother is born in the UK, Scotland to be precise, and later immigrated to the USA. As mentioned in the text, she could be considered and economical immigrant.

All combined Donald is of German and British (Scottish) origin (with an USA flavour over it Wink )

Reminded me of a text I once saw in anti Trump demonstration, something like that without immigrants Trump wouldn't have a wife Wink  Grin

Well, when looking at the above origin of Donald, he him self is the result of relative recent immigration……...

Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2019, 03:44:53 PM »

According to Wikipedia:

"...Donald John Trump was born on June 14, 1946, at the Jamaica Hospital in the borough of Queens, New York City.[1][2] His parents were Frederick Christ Trump, a real estate developer, and Mary Anne MacLeod.[3] Trump grew up in the Jamaica Estates neighborhood of Queens…"

"...Trump's ancestors originated from the German village of Kallstadt in the Palatinate on his father's side, and from the Outer Hebrides in Scotland on his mother's side. All of his grandparents and his mother were born in Europe.[25] …."

"..Frederick Christ Trump was born in the Bronx on October 11, 1905. He was the second of three children of German Lutheran immigrants Frederick and Elizabeth Christ Trump. He had an older sister, Elizabeth Trump Walters (1904–1961), and a younger brother, John G. Trump. Fred was conceived in Bavaria, where his parents had tried unsuccessfully to re-establish residency, returning to New York upon the SS Pennsylvania on July 1, 1905.[1]…."

"...Mary Anne Trump (née MacLeod, Scottish Gaelic: Màiri Anna NicLeòid; May 10, 1912 – August 7, 2000) ……. Mary Anne MacLeod was born in a pebbledash croft house owned by her father since 1895 in Tong on the Isle of Lewis.[2]…….Raised in a Scottish Gaelic-speaking household, Mary was the youngest of ten children born to Malcolm MacLeod (1866–1954) and Mary MacLeod (née Smith; 1867–1963).[7] Her father was a crofter, fisherman and compulsory officer at Mary's school.[2][3][Crazy[9] English was her second language, which she learned at the school she attended until eighth grade.[2]…..With several sisters having already established themselves there,[9] Mary Anne MacLeod may have first visited the United States for a short stay in December 1929. She was issued immigration visa number 26698 at Glasgow on February 17, 1930.[8 ] On May 2, MacLeod departed Glasgow on board the RMS Transylvania arriving in New York City on May 11 (one day after her 18th birthday). She declared she intended to become a U.S. citizen and would be staying permanently in America.[3][8 ][9] In doing so she became what would later be termed an economic migrant, one of tens of thousands of young Scots who left for the United States or Canada during this period, Scotland having suffered badly the consequences of the Clearances and World War I.[10][11] The alien passenger list of the Transylvania lists her occupation as a domestic worker.[2][12] …."

So, the story is that Donald's father was conceived in Germany, but was born in the USA. If I understand it correct Donald's paternal grandparents were German immigrants to the USA, but have tried to re-establish them self in their motherland again. When this didn't work out they went back to the USA again.

Donald's mother is born in the UK, Scotland to be precise, and later immigrated to the USA. As mentioned in the text, she could be considered and economical immigrant.

All combined Donald is of German and British (Scottish) origin (with an USA flavour over it Wink )

Reminded me of a text I once saw in anti Trump demonstration, something like that without immigrants Trump wouldn't have a wife Wink  Grin

Well, when looking at the above origin of Donald, he him self is the result of relative recent immigration……...

Donald likes to say his father "comes from a town in Germany" . . . . I have a US friend that conceived in Australia - I have yet to be told that her son is "Australian". No 45 is full of "it" . . .
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: April 26, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »

Without immigrants, the US wouldn't be what they are today AT ALL.

Both of Trumps wives were born in Elstern Europe.
His own ancestors all came from Europe.

I never understood his anti-immigrant rants though.
It's not as if he could claim any roots back to those who came with the Mayflower, let alone back to the Native Population ...
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: April 26, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »

Personally I hope protests and crowds ruin the whole day for him. 

As a fellow American, I hope they don't. That makes the British look bad. "Polite-ing" him to death would be far more effective.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: April 26, 2019, 04:37:11 PM »

Not to get into politics but it's easy to point at 'the other,' so to speak. A lot of discussion here in the States however gets mangled up in immigration vs illegal immigration which is the true problem (not like Trump's policies or any president before him's policies helped the issue). I have been told I am anti immigration and racist when we know illegal immigration is a problem, especially for all the people who wait, pay, and are treated like crap while they wait to become citizens or even come here for the privilege of one day becoming citizens... I know too many people who've put so much time, effort, money into coming here but then others come for free and we pay for it, at least here in California. But everything is a blood bath and there is no truth to anything these days with our 24 hour news cycles and everyone wanting anger, hysteria, and clicks for outrage and money! Hopefully also the GOP challenger(s) to Trump will provide a lot of discussion because he is no conservative, a self-interested populist instead...

Wow, this is so OT, I'm sorry, ha ha.

I agree with Lady Alice. The trip is about D Day and really I would not want to see the memory of those besmirched either by protesters giving Trump the oxygen he wants - the attention, which is why he got so much push in the elections to begin with when he should have been persona non grata - or his own behavior regarding such protests.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: