Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News II  (Read 81677 times)
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2019, 04:53:00 PM »

Very interesting Sky News article on controversial royal visits:

https://news.sky.com/stor...visits-to-the-uk-10748635

The queen has met some lovely people in her time...

I don't understand the timing of the visit, but it will go ahead, there will be lots of pomp, oodles of ceremony and even more security. People can and will protest (we are a free country) and international relations between the UK and USA will be girded a little more strongly than before.

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

United States United States

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2019, 05:16:55 PM »

She's met far worse people for sure. It shocks me they have people like Mugabe, etc, truly evil garbage heaps, feteing them with visits over the years. WHY.

I hope people respect the war dead and pay more attention than that than our embarrassing president. They are temporary and in 2020 we'll have someone else in the seat.

US-UK relations are important. 'Special relationship' and all.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: April 26, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »

She's met far worse people for sure. It shocks me they have people like Mugabe, etc, truly evil garbage heaps, feteing them with visits over the years. WHY.

I hope people respect the war dead and pay more attention than that than our embarrassing president. They are temporary and in 2020 we'll have someone else in the seat.

Regardless of your feelings about Trump (what's one level below 'loathe'?) the idea that (a) the royals are going to kick up some kind of moral protest, (b) that they *should* and (c) this is the time to do it? No, just no. IMO.

The queen has met (and occasionally even knighted) some absolute scumbags. It comes with the job.

Throw the Lit🔥🔨 hammer down and say no. You came to Earth to be a leader of legacy.
YOU ARE A GIANT.! Break the matrix! Join The Shaman School its growing and so are you.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: April 26, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »

Regardless of your feelings about Trump (what's one level below 'loathe'?) the idea that (a) the royals are going to kick up some kind of moral protest, (b) that they *should* and (c) this is the time to do it? No, just no. IMO.

The queen has met (and occasionally even knighted) some absolute scumbags. It comes with the job.

Yep. Her own family has numbered some scumbags.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »

I don't understand the timing of the visit, but it will go ahead, there will be lots of pomp, oodles of ceremony and even more security. People can and will protest (we are a free country) and international relations between the UK and USA will be girded a little more strongly than before.

About the timing, as far as I understood, the invitation was extended by Mrs. May already in 2017, but they couldn't find a common date so far.
In order to really receive him during his current term, it was about time now, and I guess the 75th anniversary of the Normandy landings (after all a common success of the US & UK) came in handy for the programme.

But I agree with those of you who said that any commemoration festivities for D-Day are not the right place to protest against Trump.

Being head of state, receiving other heads of state, no matter how "scumbaggy" they are or what she personally thinks of them, is part of QEII' job descriptions. After all, the BRF should not utter any political opinions in whatever direction (a rule Charles loves to ignore ... he'll need to learn it someday  Wink).
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2019, 07:01:11 PM »

Oh, I know she has, I just wonder why the UK government forced visits like that, I don't expect HM to be some moral authority. God knows she isn't nor is any in her family! It's more a question of why the government would suck up to those sorts of people and their governments, not about the monarchy. They do what they're told by the state. I'm definitely no Trump fan, but I hope the focus is on D Day and not protests, blimps and other crazy stuff.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2019, 07:10:11 PM »

Personally I find it to be inappropriate to combine a state visit with D-Day.  It would have been much better to invite them for lunch or something since they were going to be in the UK then to have a big fuss overshadow the D-Day events.  I don't know how much is BP and how much is May or the WH but it is in poor taste.
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2019, 07:19:36 PM »

Oh, I know she has, I just wonder why the UK government forced visits like that, I don't expect HM to be some moral authority. God knows she isn't nor is any in her family! It's more a question of why the government would suck up to those sorts of people and their governments, not about the monarchy. They do what they're told by the state. I'm definitely no Trump fan, but I hope the focus is on D Day and not protests, blimps and other crazy stuff.

I saw a few people speculating that it could have something to do with Brexit as well - wanting to show off the UK relationship with a close ally since everything with the EU is going so poorly. It's unfortunate who the current representative of said close ally is right now, but the powers that be may think the overall politics of the relationship are more important than who is president right now.

That being said, if I was Kate, I'd start trying for baby number 4 immediately so I could claim extreme sickness again and get out of as much of the visit as possible.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »

We're not hosting any kind of political discussions here - please stop bringing such topics up.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: April 27, 2019, 04:40:31 AM »

Personally I find it to be inappropriate to combine a state visit with D-Day.  It would have been much better to invite them for lunch or something since they were going to be in the UK then to have a big fuss overshadow the D-Day events.  I don't know how much is BP and how much is May or the WH but it is in poor taste.

Five years ago the French had the Queen and Philip undertake a State Visit to France to coincide with the 70th anniversary of D-Day. This is a sensible thing to do as it gives a focus to the visit. That State Visit and the D-Day commemorations were a huge success.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: April 27, 2019, 04:56:25 AM »

Five years ago the French had the Queen and Philip undertake a State Visit to France to coincide with the 70th anniversary of D-Day. This is a sensible thing to do as it gives a focus to the visit. That State Visit and the D-Day commemorations were a huge success.

I’d forgotten they did a combo visit in 2014. 
Lord Gn

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: April 27, 2019, 05:58:06 PM »

Not much time left. POTUS will be campaigning next year  so he's gonna be busy, what with his twitter and  his golf...
casie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2019, 12:00:51 AM »

Let's hope it's not raining.
Col1482

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: April 29, 2019, 06:49:04 PM »

https://www.royal.uk/duch...ted-royal-victorian-order

The Queen has appointed Kate to to the Royal Victorian Order. She'll have a sash when she's forced to attend the US State Dinner.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: April 29, 2019, 06:50:13 PM »

https://www.royal.uk/duch...ted-royal-victorian-order

The Queen has appointed Kate to to the Royal Victorian Order. She'll have a sash when she's forced to attend the US State Dinner.

On her wedding anniversary, too

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: