Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News II  (Read 110835 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: April 29, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »

https://www.royal.uk/duch...ted-royal-victorian-order

The Queen has appointed Kate to to the Royal Victorian Order. She'll have a sash when she's forced to attend the US State Dinner.

Wait, was that a screech coming from the Windsor area??
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: April 29, 2019, 07:32:31 PM »

https://www.royal.uk/duch...ted-royal-victorian-order

The Queen has appointed Kate to to the Royal Victorian Order. She'll have a sash when she's forced to attend the US State Dinner.

Wait, was that a screech coming from the Windsor area??

I'm sure it is. And a loud one too.

Congrats to Kate. And to her and William a happy anniversary.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2019, 03:03:20 PM »

Royal Windsor Horse Show 2019

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »

Campaigners have condemned Buckingham Palaceís invitation to the king of Bahrain to attend the Windsor horse show this weekend, arguing that the UK should not provide a public relations opportunity to what they say is an increasingly repressive regime.

King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa met the Queen at the event on Friday, demonstrating a warmth of official ties despite the Middle Easternís stateís outlawing of political opposition and repression of its Shia majority since a failed 2011 revolt.

Ali Mushaima, the son of a jailed opposition leader, said he would demonstrate outside the event to draw attention to the detention of his father and other politicians jailed during the crackdown, which has lasted most of the decade.

https://www.theguardian.c...een-meets-king-of-bahrain

Currently visualizing my highest self
Celia

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2019, 08:14:53 PM »

I'm glad to see that Philip's relatives still come 'round (his sisters' grandchildren).
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: May 14, 2019, 08:32:05 PM »

Various members of the BRF met recipients of the Duke Of Edinburgh Awards

Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2019, 09:06:13 PM »

Bea seems to be slowly creeping into an official royal role...

Currently visualizing my highest self
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2019, 12:13:51 AM »

I like the dress, but are those Mummyís cat slippers I see?
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2019, 01:29:40 AM »

Last year Beatrice attended one of these events and was even recorded as attending in the Court Circular. This year she is the only royal there who wasn't recorded in the CC - The Earl and Countess of Wessex were of course as were Anne and the Duke of Gloucester but not Beatrice. Last year these receptions were recorded only under Edward and Sophie with Anne and Beatrice also in attendance but this year Anne and Richard had separate entries under their own names. That is probably why Beatrice wasn't recorded as she only gets listed when she does things with others (although she did get an individual entry last year for some event she attended with Kate and Sophie).

This is Beatrice's first event this year that I would have expected to see in the CC - based on the fact she appeared last year but it seems she will only get a mention for Trooping the Colour this year.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »

I kind of hope that Beatrice and Eugenie have more of an official role within the Royal family. If we jump to twenty years into the future, there's a good chance that there will be three main royal couples, with Charles being a 90 year old monarch with his siblings taking a back seat due to their age. The little princes and Princess will likely still be in their education/seeing the world phase, so having Beatrice and Eugenie in an official role may help ease the pressure on the three main royal couples, and allow the many patronages supported by currently eleven or so royal members to continue and to be highlighted.
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2019, 01:25:10 PM »

I kind of hope that Beatrice and Eugenie have more of an official role within the Royal family. If we jump to twenty years into the future, there's a good chance that there will be three main royal couples, with Charles being a 90 year old monarch with his siblings taking a back seat due to their age. The little princes and Princess will likely still be in their education/seeing the world phase, so having Beatrice and Eugenie in an official role may help ease the pressure on the three main royal couples, and allow the many patronages supported by currently eleven or so royal members to continue and to be highlighted.

The BRF needs to give Beatrice an official role because let's be real the Willnots and the Luggages only want the glam engagements so the bread and butter stuff will be severely under served. 

This could be her niche, as it's not glam and won't overshadow the 2nd generation Waleses. She would be a combination of the Kent's and the Gloucesters in the next 20 years.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2019, 07:40:05 PM »

The BRF needs to give Beatrice an official role because let's be real the Willnots and the Luggages only want the glam engagements so the bread and butter stuff will be severely under served. 

This could be her niche, as it's not glam and won't overshadow the 2nd generation Waleses. She would be a combination of the Kent's and the Gloucesters in the next 20 years.

ITA, in that being her potential future role. Plus her and Eugenie seem to engage with people very well on engagements, and usually their work is about the charity or issue they're trying to highlight. We have worse representatives for the BRF, so why not allow these two to undertake a more official role?
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2019, 09:26:44 PM »

Charles, Cam and Anne hosted a garden party (on behalf of the Queen) at Buckingham Palace

Bunnyette

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: May 16, 2019, 12:29:14 AM »

I understand that the Queen was supposed to attend todayís garden party but didnít.  I hope she is ok  No
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: May 16, 2019, 12:33:13 AM »

I understand that the Queen was supposed to attend todayís garden party but didnít.  I hope she is ok  No

Since last year (I think) she has only attended 2 of the 3 BP ones.  I think itís just another step in passing on the torch.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: