Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 91   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British Royal News II  (Read 245315 times)
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #1305 on: January 08, 2020, 10:57:27 PM »

Will Prince Harry give up the Invictus Games?

I think they are keeping all their current patronages

Cool your jets, everyone
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #1306 on: January 08, 2020, 10:57:51 PM »

He has pretty much given them up anyway.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Kitty

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1307 on: January 08, 2020, 11:02:41 PM »

All this means WK has to step up now. There is no way of hiding any longer. 2020 is a mess and will be too for the brf. I can feel it.
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1308 on: January 08, 2020, 11:03:28 PM »

Will Prince Harry give up the Invictus Games?

I think they are keeping all their current patronages

But who needs patronage by private persons?

To get back on track: When they handle it well the BRF can only benefit when things are put right. And the republican in me rejoices in this anyway.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:29:13 PM by DejaVu » Logged

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1309 on: January 08, 2020, 11:04:39 PM »

He will rue the day. Whether it takes a year, five years or ten years, he will wake up and rue the day...

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
fruela

Medium Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #1310 on: January 08, 2020, 11:10:31 PM »

IDK, one chooses one's friends but not one's family. I sense a sort of tendency  to alienate oneself from relatives. Some people value friendship over family ties.  shrug
Molly2101

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1311 on: January 08, 2020, 11:22:37 PM »

Have they forgotten the absolute ****show that was Edward and Sophie Wessex circa 1999-2002?!

I don’t see this working. It’ll work to begin with but I reckon they’ll get bored or be seen to be abusing their position, just like the Wessex’s did when they tried to “work independently.”

I look forward to this all falling apart.

"All my heart is yours, sir: it belongs to you; and with you it would remain, were fate to exile the rest of me from your presence forever." Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte.
Gemsheal

Large Member

I make my own memes

Ignore
« Reply #1312 on: January 08, 2020, 11:23:30 PM »

Why, why, did they have this need to make a big announcement on this, especially when, immediately after, the Palace makes it clear nothing has been totally resolved ?

Actually, I know the answer(s) (can make a fair guess, anyway) but it's just  Dash2 because they are both so damn dramatic.  They shoot themselves in the foot every time!!

“Because to take away a man's freedom of choice, even his freedom to make the wrong choice, is to manipulate him as though he were a puppet and not a person.”

― Madeline L'Engle
Mjo

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1313 on: January 08, 2020, 11:47:14 PM »

I still think Sussex Royal will become a lifestyle brand -- sheets, towels, pie plates.  I bet that Megan acts again. She will guest star for top dollar. I'm not sure what Harry will do 
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1314 on: January 08, 2020, 11:52:13 PM »

Do we think they’ll wish Kate a happy birthday on their instagram tomorrow???

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1315 on: January 08, 2020, 11:57:04 PM »

Holy cow this is amazing they are so arrogant. That said they will be members of the royal family AND financially independent that is so gross trying to have their cake and eat it too. The palace had no choice but to respond they are caught between a rock and a hard place it was otherwise very diplomatic and kind by how it didn't slice into these two losers. They will not win this fight the house always wins and the BRF are the house.
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1316 on: January 09, 2020, 12:03:34 AM »

I still think Sussex Royal will become a lifestyle brand -- sheets, towels, pie plates.  I bet that Megan acts again. She will guest star for top dollar. I'm not sure what Harry will do 

I wonder how the good people of Sussex feel to be merched like this?!
jolene

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1317 on: January 09, 2020, 12:34:04 AM »

Have they forgotten the absolute ****show that was Edward and Sophie Wessex circa 1999-2002?!

I don’t see this working. It’ll work to begin with but I reckon they’ll get bored or be seen to be abusing their position, just like the Wessex’s did when they tried to “work independently.”

I look forward to this all falling apart.
Ooh! Very good point about the early parts of the Wessex marriage. However, they've become model royals.

I seriously don't see how the Sussexes can make money off themselves. She wasn't a big time actress (no Grace Kelly) and she only has the big time friends now because of her title. I can't imagine people wanting merch with their names or photos. Get paid $$$ for speaking engagements?
Aubiette

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1318 on: January 09, 2020, 12:34:36 AM »

I wonder how the good people of Sussex feel to be merched like this?!

Exactly! All of this makes me ill.
anastasia beaverhausen

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #1319 on: January 09, 2020, 12:46:40 AM »

But isn't this exactly what quite a few of the European royals do? 

Princess Madeline of Sweden lives a 'private' life in Florida while retaining her Royal Status and getting paid for her 'royal' duties?

The Dutch Royal brothers had / have jobs.

Prince Joachim from Denmark lives in France but is presumably still 'paid' for representing the crown?

Even QE2's daughter, Anne, woks    and presumably earns money while still representing the crown.

So why can't Harry (currently 6th in line?) Do the same.

Madeleine and her husband full fund their private lives and in 2019 Madeleine only did 17 events over 11 days that were viewed as official and as such that she would have been compensated for.  She's not maintaining an office, etc.

The funding for the Dutch royal family limits allowances to The King, The Queen, Princess Beatrice, and soon The Princess of Orange.  There is also funding for official duties, transport, housing, etc.  Prince Constantijn is not a working royal and as such only rarely carries out engagements, receives no allowance, and doesn't maintain a royal office.

Prince Joachim is in France this year at the invitation of President Macron, and the French Minister of Defense, and is training 6 days a week.  This is an incredible honor and he is the first member of the Danish military to attend.

Anne does 500+ engagements a year and rightly so has an office to oversee her calendar.  She doesn't "earn money" but has her expenses covered.

Harry is a grown man throwing a tantrum.  He wants to have his cake and eat it too.  He wants Duchy of Cornwall money, taxpayer funded housing and security, and full royal honors all while commercializing himself and his wife.  Other's tried to have a "grace period" but nothing to this level...and those others were strong slammed on this board.

Sorry Maria...I know that the Sussex couple is OT but I had to respond.

And you did it brilliantly..... Thumb up  Star

Your statment is absolutely accurate, and H&M don't hold up to the comparison of the above mentioned other royals.

Star from me too OC.

They are acting like spoiled children. And the cooler heads in the brf will hopefully let them go their own way.  It will save a ton of embarrassment in the long run.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 91   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: