Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFO No More's 2018 numbers about royal ladies's spendings on clothes  (Read 3915 times)
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2019, 04:58:37 PM »

Just like they did last year, UFO No More posted a very detailed post about the spendings of 14 royal ladies. (http://ufonomore.com/blog/costs-2018 )
Here is the main graph but there is a lot more info in the post. Meghan's number is insane! They had to exclude Rania this year apparently after being in contact with the Hashemite Court.

A more detailed post about Mary and Marie's spendings here (including numbers of Danish and International brands and number of repeated items this year):https://princessmariescloset.com/2019/01/01/2018-recap-how-much-did-crown-princess-marys-and-princess-maries-2018-wardrobes-cost/

A more detailed post about Victoria, Sofia, Madeleine's spendings here:http://theroyalsandi.com/home/2018/12/26/swedish-royal-family-2018-clothing-in-review

They also posted days worked numbers for the Scandinavian and Spanish royal families based on the Courts' calendars with comparisons to 2017.
Norwegians and Spanish : http://royalcentral.co.uk...ilies-work-in-2018-113599

Swedes:http://theroyalsandi.com/home/work-days-2018

Danes: https://princessmariesclo...l-familys-work-in-review/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 05:28:15 PM by myloveforroyals » Logged
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 05:25:52 PM »

I guess I should also post an explanation of their methodology:

When we calculate costs we break down the numbers into 3 categories:

-Pieces that remain UFO (Unidentified Fashion Objects)

-Pieces that are identified and costs can be found

-Pieces where the designer is known but the design is custom or a price us unknown

In very few instances, we will estimate a price of an article of clothing. This occurs when the piece is similar to a “base model” being sold and there are minor details changed (color, neckline, sleeves, etc).  Out of 1,661 new pieces debuted this year by these ladies - only 34 of these pieces did we estimate a price. We mention this in an effort to convey the most transparent and accurate view of the costs.

**At face value our calculations are what the royal’s clothes are worth, and in theory, what they would cost for you or I to buy. However, we are not saying that these calculations are what the royals ladies specifically spent, as we cannot verify that. We fully recognize that royals may receive discounts, shop sales, or be gifted some of these pieces. However, in order to stay objective, we made the decision to only use the full retail value of the pieces so that we do not show bias. These numbers should be viewed as the retail cost of their new pieces, rather than the exact number they personally spent.**

I liked that they're working on these numbers each year, they seem more objective than the Daily Fail or other newspapers for example. I don't envy them counting the numbers for so many people during the whole year though lol
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 05:30:32 PM »

Thumb up What a find !  Star

Meghan's amount is incerdibly high but it doesn't come across as a surprise...

Mary was second behind Rania last year( no wonder the Jordan court put a stop to any i,nvestigation on her expenses...) and still second this year. She'sgotta love the slow Danes funding her overspending once again  Thumb down

royalviewers

Warned
Micro Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 08:56:08 PM »

Curious how much will Imelda spending this year ?!.... Banana Banana
chocolate_angel

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 08:30:15 AM »

Mosh's spending money on clothes is unethical  She should be ashamed of herself! If that's the way she wants to "modernise the monarchy", then it's a total failure. But as long as she isn't criticised publicly or by the court itself for it, she will continue to suck the blood out of the Danish taaxpayers  Dead
Concerning the amount of work:
oh, look: Fred has more engagements than Mosh! But as he does not have his own PR-team (or one that does not do a good job), there's the perception on the public htat Mosh is wokring more than him and that the "best thing about the crownprince is his princess" is a evaluation that should be recondsidered - by the tabloids! Ranting
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 05:32:19 PM »

UFO No More @ufonomore
It sounds like you will enjoy our post coming out later in January where we are going to look at what 3 Royals (who married into 2 different Royal Families) wore during their first year of royal marriage!

They tweeted this in answer to a tweet defending Meghan so I'm guessing the two other royals are Kate and Sofia? I think they're the last two who married in along with Meghan?

That sounds like a very interesting! Meghan spent so much in 2018 and a lot of the comments were that since it was her first year, she had to build a wardrobe etc... but if Kate's and Sofia's first year totals are much lower, I wonder what the new excuse will be.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 05:44:42 PM »

Well Meghan's total just boggles the mind.
I think there is a difference or at least should be between queens and crown princesses and princesses married to second sons. A monarchy is nothing but a hierarchy and while Letizia (one of my favourites in personality and fashion) shows that one can look fabulous without spending the equivalent to the GDP of a medium sized country, someone like Sofia or Eugenie should not even come close to her, Maxima or even Kate.
Meghan, being the wife of a second son, who will always stay on the fringes of royal circus should refrain from spending more than Canada's educational budget on her clothes alone, esp. if that money comes not from their work (aka Kardashians) but more or less from the tax payer..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
royalviewers

Warned
Micro Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 05:49:38 PM »

I think M see herself so high worthy and special because she could join the brf. She has too much pride for herself so she think she must wear those expensive, couture, branded stuff, which most of them, imo, not good. Thumb down
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »

I’m hoping a lot of them are freebies because nothing has fit except for maybe that last black dress
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »

Yes, I meant the Daily Mail. I didn't know about  this thread. I give the Daily Mail the credit they deserve and also,  why Mary's  and not QM's spending?  Or QE II?
All these statistics , they've done a really good job.  We should also consider  the average income in each country and Denmark doubles Spain.
I was wrong about Fred's  engagements,too.
Are the figures accurate?
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 11:25:23 PM »

Meghan's Mirror has announced that they are going to do a tally of all new pieces Meghan wears in 2019 (i think running) in partnership with UFO.  And same on their Kate blog.  The Stans are going crazy, but I love how one blogger is supporting another.

How this thread is OK...I will also post on Meghan's thread for comments about Meghan.
Night Blooming Jasmine

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 10:13:11 PM »

Was there ever a discussion about the analysis that UFO did comparing the first year totals of three married ins—Meghan, Kate and Sofia? They released it shortly after the 2018 totals across the board. The obvious outlier amount was mind-boggling for only being on the scene for 6 months!
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 12:16:31 AM »

Is Meghan's tally only from the day she married, or does it include clothes from the engagement period too?
Oh_Caroline

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 12:46:19 AM »

Is Meghan's tally only from the day she married, or does it include clothes from the engagement period too?

All of 2018...let's be really Charles started paying as soon as they were engaged.  I tallied her engagement and wedding week totals several month's ago...

https://royaldish.com/ind...197.msg1166356#msg1166356
https://royaldish.com/ind...496.msg1168568#msg1168568

and if she was paying for herself at highest valued net worth of $5 million (likely closer to a quarter of that with taxes and 7 years of expenses)...she was blowing thought her money.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 01:23:40 AM »

Meghan's Mirror has announced that they are going to do a tally of all new pieces Meghan wears in 2019 (i think running) in partnership with UFO.  And same on their Kate blog.  The Stans are going crazy, but I love how one blogger is supporting another.

How this thread is OK...I will also post on Meghan's thread for comments about Meghan.

They aren't now because Meghan's stans have threatened those people and the UFO folks.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: