Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan Markle - News and Events 2019  (Read 73504 times)
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2019, 12:05:50 PM »

Hello

I saw that there was a Prince Harry News and Events so I thought it would be a good idea to make one for Meghan as well, hope that's ok! It's also becaause I never know what thread/topic to put news articles about Meghan in. Lastly, I'm sure I saw an article like this a few weeks ago....  Thinking

Meghan Markle threw 'Sayonara Zara' party to 'give away her cheap clothes to guests' when she got famous and wealthy enough to buy designer gear

Duchess of Sussex gave away her high street clothes at party, source claims
Stylist best friend Jessica Mulroney then helped give her wardrobe makeover
Vanity Fair source adds Meghan is 'not a person you can actually be friends with'

https://www.dailymail.co....ends-says-TV-insider.html

About Meghan: 'She's not a person you can actually be friends with. She's the type of person who is best friends with her stylist.'
Blueskies

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 12:30:01 PM »

She has a really odd value system, if this is true.  Just my opinion.  I like her even less now, and I didnít think that was possible. 
ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 04:53:34 PM »

I think she is very much for the now - she gave away her old "cheap" clothes as soon as she could afford designer ones, she gave up her family as soon as they were a problem for her, gets on well with people but as few real friends.
In many ways I am not surprised as I suspect this is a result of her childhood, the need to drop things as soon as they have little value or use to her.
What would worry me if I was Harry or the RF is that she would drop me / the RF as soon as they become little worth to her.
ElisaRose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 05:33:32 PM »

I think she is very much for the now - she gave away her old "cheap" clothes as soon as she could afford designer ones, she gave up her family as soon as they were a problem for her, gets on well with people but as few real friends.
In many ways I am not surprised as I suspect this is a result of her childhood, the need to drop things as soon as they have little value or use to her.
What would worry me if I was Harry or the RF is that she would drop me / the RF as soon as they become little worth to her.

Yes, I agree. I think this belief and value system of hers is definitely not good for Harry. I think he craves stability, strong (family) values and the longstanding bound of family and friends. Thatís what his big brother got and it did him a lot of good. The combo of Harry and Sparkle is wrong in so many ways. They will never correct (save) one another and both donít know from up close what a long and happy marriage looks like. They are not complementary in that sense and will probably bring out the worst in each other because they simply donít know any other way. I hope Iím wrong for their babyís sake.  Crap
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 05:48:47 PM by ElisaRose » Logged

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.Ē HRH Princess Margaret
Booklover

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »

Yes, I agree. I think this belief and value system of hers is definitely not good for Harry. I think he craves stability, strong (family) values and the longstanding bound of family and friends. Thatís what his big brother got and it did him a lot of good. The combo of Harry and Sparkle is wrong in so many ways. They will never correct (save) one another and both donít know from up close what a long and happy marriage looks like. They are not complementary in that sense and will probably bring out the worst in each other because they simply donít know any other way. I hope Iím wrong for their babyís sake.  Crap

Sadly, I think what you say is true. Sad
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 10:50:16 PM »

Hello

I saw that there was a Prince Harry News and Events so I thought it would be a good idea to make one for Meghan as well, hope that's ok! It's also becaause I never know what thread/topic to put news articles about Meghan in. Lastly, I'm sure I saw an article like this a few weeks ago....  Thinking

Meghan Markle threw 'Sayonara Zara' party to 'give away her cheap clothes to guests' when she got famous and wealthy enough to buy designer gear

Duchess of Sussex gave away her high street clothes at party, source claims
Stylist best friend Jessica Mulroney then helped give her wardrobe makeover
Vanity Fair source adds Meghan is 'not a person you can actually be friends with'

This is a very strange way to behave, IMO.  It is insulting to the people she invited to this party.  It's one thing to have a private chat with a friend you know won't be insulted by accepting charity if you know she admires a particular item of yours if you no longer want it, but quite another to invite all the people you know who you think would be grateful to accept the clothes you no longer think are good enough for you as you move onwards and upwards and leave them behind.  I'd be really pissed off.  How about donating those clothes to a real charity... or did she think those clothes were too good for the people who are the beneficiaries of the charitable organisations?  The more I learn about Meghan, the less I like her.
PrincessOdette

Micro Member

stay classy and sassy, my friends

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 11:09:03 PM »

This is disgusting behavior. When one of my friends was downsizing her closet, she gave some of her friends first dibs before posting them on Poshmark (she donated the rest). I give most of my clothes to the local Clothes Closet which provides clothes for the less fortunate. Seems Imelda's behavior once again is not very "humanitarian" Snare
jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 12:06:13 AM »

This is disgusting behavior. When one of my friends was downsizing her closet, she gave some of her friends first dibs before posting them on Poshmark (she donated the rest). I give most of my clothes to the local Clothes Closet which provides clothes for the less fortunate. Seems Imelda's behavior once again is not very "humanitarian" Snare
Agree. We've always donated anything without holes or significant wear and tear. I also donate it to the Salvation Army since I have issues with Goodwill and how they do business.
PrincessOdette

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 12:14:40 AM »

Agree. We've always donated anything without holes or significant wear and tear. I also donate it to the Salvation Army since I have issues with Goodwill and how they do business.
Same. Funny how we common people can figure out how to be decent human beings while the game-changer has to get rid of her clothes in an arrogant show
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:16:19 AM »

Same. Funny how we common people can figure out how to be decent human beings while the game-changer has to get rid of her clothes in an arrogant show

Sure, there are more offensive party themes. But not many.

PrincessOdette

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 01:49:50 AM »

Sure, there are more offensive party themes. But not many.
Good point Lady Wiloughby! What's more troubling than the party theme is the level of hypocrisy it shows. Goes to show that at the end of the day, an actress is an actress and the public image is just a veneer
Lucyj

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 02:01:01 PM »

I was "surprised" to see that the game-changing humanitarian has spent more on clothing in the past year than any other European royal:

"From a wedding watched by millions to her first royal tour, the Duchess of Sussexhas had quite a year. 

And it seems Meghan has invested in a wardrobe to match, with her clothing bill for 2018 totalling almost half a million pounds.

The eye-watering sum - £406,915.43 ($515,879.65) - is revealed in new research published this week by royal fashion experts UFO No More, who have totted up the amount spent by British royals and their European neighbours on clothing and accessories over the past 12 months.

Researchers from the fashion blog - which stands for Unidentified Fashion Objects - calculated the cost of some 1,661 new pieces debuted in 2018 by royals in Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Norway and the Netherlands.

Their findings put Prince Harry's wife some £300,000 ($380,334.30) ahead of her closest contender, Denmark's Crown Princess Mary - and that's not including the cost of Meghan's show-stopping bespoke Givenchy bridal gown."

https://www.dailymail.co....wardrobe-2018-royals.html

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 03:23:41 PM »

I was "surprised" to see that the game-changing humanitarian has spent more on clothing in the past year than any other European royal:

"From a wedding watched by millions to her first royal tour, the Duchess of Sussexhas had quite a year. 

And it seems Meghan has invested in a wardrobe to match, with her clothing bill for 2018 totalling almost half a million pounds.

The eye-watering sum - £406,915.43 ($515,879.65) - is revealed in new research published this week by royal fashion experts UFO No More, who have totted up the amount spent by British royals and their European neighbours on clothing and accessories over the past 12 months.

Researchers from the fashion blog - which stands for Unidentified Fashion Objects - calculated the cost of some 1,661 new pieces debuted in 2018 by royals in Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Norway and the Netherlands.

Their findings put Prince Harry's wife some £300,000 ($380,334.30) ahead of her closest contender, Denmark's Crown Princess Mary - and that's not including the cost of Meghan's show-stopping bespoke Givenchy bridal gown."

https://www.dailymail.co....wardrobe-2018-royals.html

Also see following RD topic:
https://royaldish.com/ind...p?topic=16602.0;topicseen
Blueskies

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 04:29:39 PM »

Iím sorry, but that disgusts me.  I was ready to excuse her a little, figuring the wedding gown was included in the total.  What a gigantic hypocrite she is.  Humanitarian?!  What a joke! 
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 04:36:40 PM »

Iím sorry, but that disgusts me.  I was ready to excuse her a little, figuring the wedding gown was included in the total.  What a gigantic hypocrite she is.  Humanitarian?!  What a joke! 

I think the humanitarian shtick is dead in the water now.  She will move onto an Earth Mother narrative in 2019.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: