Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 146   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan Markle - News and Events 2019  (Read 188177 times)
thecrownjewelthief

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: February 12, 2019, 12:53:15 AM »

I think it's pretty obvious why Harry was popular and still seems to be despite all the drama; he's a people person, people respect his military service, and things like Invictus and Sentebale. Unfortunately now he is listening to only Meghan and there are no sane, intelligent heads involved like ELF who was such a great influence. He seems the person who needs someone to look up to, to steady him and guide him a little, which is sad at this age but I think because they live in such isolated bubbles these people never mature past their teen years in the vast majority of cases.

I'm not surprised ELF jumped ship. Or was forced out...

I feel bad for ELF. All that hard work turning the Party Prince into someone people actually cared about and liked and it was undone in a less than a year by Imelda. I’m curious if he saw what was coming and decided it was time to jump ship.
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: February 12, 2019, 12:59:39 AM »

It looks like they're considering suing Thomas. I can't decide if this would be a good move or not? It was very quiet on the Markle front until the People 'friends' article forced him out, I think a lawsuit will definitely make him stay in the news for even longer. (The people interview shouldn't have been done in the first place imo)
https://www.telegraph.co....ssex-could-provoke-legal/

karma chamelion

Medium Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #1652 on: February 12, 2019, 01:12:05 AM »

On what grounds would they sue? That's ridiculous, they are grasping at straws now trying to hold onto their poor innocent Meghan narrative. They're going to inflame feelings even more against them by attacking her father, IMO a really dumb move.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1653 on: February 12, 2019, 01:17:13 AM »

It looks like they're considering suing Thomas. I can't decide if this would be a good move or not? It was very quiet on the Markle front until the People 'friends' article forced him out, I think a lawsuit will definitely make him stay in the news for even longer. (The people interview shouldn't have been done in the first place imo)
https://www.telegraph.co....ssex-could-provoke-legal/

I don't believe it's true. I cannot imagine, in any way, KP suing a private person, let along the father of one of the married-ins. It would look horrible for the brf if they would do this. I do believe that this article is a try from Sparkle's PR to show that her new family, you know the one she never had before, protects her and doesn't leave her all alone in an ocean full of negative comments.

periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #1654 on: February 12, 2019, 01:23:14 AM »

Meghan has massively miscalculated her hand with this attack on her own father in the press. This will not end well.

Harry is definitely a people person I think of him dancing on his Caribbean tour a few years ago. He can relax and have fun. I'm willing to think that he could have kept on the road to full maturity but Meghan intervened and frankly he is kept back by his association with the Cambridges and his role to play the younger scrounger brother. Didn't William basically say he crashes his house eats all the food like a crazy bachelor with no focus. Yes PR is a part of the game but Harry also has the raw materials to surpass the Cambridges. Unfortunately he is also at the end of the day a not terribly bright emotionally stunted man. If the royals could just be nice do-gooders then its all fine but when this we are going to change the world narrative takes over it shows them to be so limited. Look at Andy he makes questionable private life choices but when he is the father of the bride or does his pitch at the palace stuff it is positive and has good kickback to others which is the whole point.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1655 on: February 12, 2019, 01:40:59 AM »

On what grounds would they sue? That's ridiculous, they are grasping at straws now trying to hold onto their poor innocent Meghan narrative. They're going to inflame feelings even more against them by attacking her father, IMO a really dumb move.

If my fading memory serves me correctly back when James Hewitt wanted to sell the late Diana, Princess of Wales' letters to him, the courts, in the UK, ruled that he couldn't do so as Diana owned the copyright as she had penned the letters and only she could make public the contents. If that is correct then Thomas had no right to publish the letter without Meghan's permission as she owns the copyright on the letter she wrote.

Would be an interesting court case anyway.
Blueskies

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #1656 on: February 12, 2019, 01:48:08 AM »

But boy, talk about a likely nail in the coffin of that relationship.  I guess I’m still hoping they can work things out.  He is her father, after all, and at one time they were apparently very close.  It’s sad to see this happening, even if, imo, she’s driving it.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 02:00:39 AM by Blueskies » Logged
Paulina

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1657 on: February 12, 2019, 01:53:19 AM »

She baited her father and correctly figured he would rise to the bait, as he did. Now she wants to sue?

Not a good look or even a good idea to float out there. The situation is hardly comparable to James Hewitt, though the law may apply in the same way. But it would backfire on her, I think, and the palace.

Charles needs to intervene.
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1658 on: February 12, 2019, 01:54:03 AM »

Harry’s mother had a decade or so of very good will built up, to her (final) public reputation as the “People’s Princess” (TBlair).  Many many hours of genuine work, while pregnant and pregnant again, picking up charities and spending lots of one on one time, much of it away from the cameras.  As a result, when the battles came, she had won over an amount of support based on that hard work that frankly astonished the BRF.  The expectation was that either she would toe the line, or fade away, but never for her to do what she actually did.  What was it, over 400 persons, each representing a single charity that she was part of, in her funeral procession?  A decade.  Ten years or more - not one and maybe a half.

Somehow, Markle thought she had that kind of glowing good will awarded to her by right of her MIL, by right of her own special and unique qualities.  She thought when Harry said how lucky he was to have her, that meant that all of the BRF and the UK was lucky to have her - she never doubted it.  She has acted in supreme self-confidence and self-aggrandizement.  She’s not puzzled at all that she isn’t universally and immediately adored.  She simply believes anyone who doesn’t worship her can and will be brought to heel or punished for it, although I’m sure she’d dress it up as “the Universe” or “karma”.  Her idea of punishment includes erasing a person.  She erased her immediately prior husband and that went smoothly.  She erased her prior significant relationship (husband?) before that.  She erased the chef after that, smooth as silk again.  Well, Thomas proved to be sticky, didn’t he?  Not so easily erased.  Other family members are sticky, aren’t they?  Not smooth as silk.  They simply aren’t accepting The Truth According To Meghan.  Neither are the people she is doxxing.  Neither are many of us.  So, punishments will rain down from her and she will doggedly pursue avenue after avenue to silence anyone who doesn’t see The Truth, and with whatever weapons available:  doxxing, suing, flailing, PR-ing, merching for money to continue the war.

I’m reminded of this:

https://xkcd.com/386/

Harry still doesn’t know where it all went wrong but he’d dug in on positions.  I don’t pity him.  Made, bed, lie.

I’d thoroughly enjoy watching “KP” attempt a lawsuit.  Not for a moment do I think that either Charles or HM would permit it, but I surely will enjoy as Markle frenzies herself in flogging the idea.

ETA:  I think it would be highly illuminating if we knew where Doria was during that decade + that she was gone for, that Thomas was single-parenting during.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #1659 on: February 12, 2019, 01:57:55 AM »

She baited her father and correctly figured he would rise to the bait, as he did. Now she wants to sue?

Not a good look or even a good idea to float out there. The situation is hardly comparable to James Hewitt, though the law may apply in the same way. But it would backfire on her, I think, and the palace.

Weren’t both Diane and Hewitt citizens of the UK?  UK law would apply to them...but not to Thomas.  I mean, good luck there, “KP”, applying UK law to a US citizen expatriated to Mexico. 

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1660 on: February 12, 2019, 02:09:44 AM »

I don't understand why The Queen does not intervene in order to stop this madness. The source of all these is Sparkle's PR and she needs to stop having her own PR, especially when they work this way. Sparkle's PR undermines the brf and I cannot understand how the brf allows that. Even worse, I'm afraid she would be unstoppable after a possible divorce.

karma chamelion

Medium Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #1661 on: February 12, 2019, 02:16:04 AM »

Weren’t both Diane and Hewitt citizens of the UK?  UK law would apply to them...but not to Thomas.  I mean, good luck there, “KP”, applying UK law to a US citizen expatriated to Mexico.  

LOL Curtains, exactly. Star They can't sue an American citizen based on UK laws
What an arrogant bunch of idiots they are.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1662 on: February 12, 2019, 02:43:28 AM »

I don't understand why The Queen does not intervene in order to stop this madness. The source of all these is Sparkle's PR and she needs to stop having her own PR, especially when they work this way. Sparkle's PR undermines the brf and I cannot understand how the brf allows that. Even worse, I'm afraid she would be unstoppable after a possible divorce.

Because as bad as it is now we have yet to hit nuclear...that comes after something like a tell all book, Panorama interview, or toe sucking.  Once it hits nuclear then (hopefully) either the Queen or Charles will tell them it's time to go...and if Harry still wants to be married then he might have to go too.  If Harry and/or Meghan decided that they want out of the marriage then hopefully TPTB will make it happen. 

I know that there are those that disagree with me but her settlement must be contingent on signing and keeping to an NDA...best way to do so is no lump sum but instead a yearly allowance until baby is 18/21/25ish and housing until such time as well.  The way she loves to live off of other (parents, husband, boyfriend, and now BRF) she won't want to lose either.  No NDA was the mistake they made with Sarah...they won't/shouldn't make the same mistake twice.  In another 20--25 year no one will care what the mother of the at most 6th in line has to say...especially after years of silence...she'd have almost zero credibility if everyone knew her NDA had expired...she'd just look like a crazed angry woman who needed to get over herself.

Diana and Charles signed a NDA that prohibited them from discussing the details of the divorce or of their married life...best way to go.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1663 on: February 12, 2019, 02:53:39 AM »

Harry’s mother had a decade or so of very good will built up, to her (final) public reputation as the “People’s Princess” (TBlair).  Many many hours of genuine work, while pregnant and pregnant again, picking up charities and spending lots of one on one time, much of it away from the cameras.  As a result, when the battles came, she had won over an amount of support based on that hard work that frankly astonished the BRF.  The expectation was that either she would toe the line, or fade away, but never for her to do what she actually did.  What was it, over 400 persons, each representing a single charity that she was part of, in her funeral procession?  A decade.  Ten years or more - not one and maybe a half.

Somehow, Markle thought she had that kind of glowing good will awarded to her by right of her MIL, by right of her own special and unique qualities.  She thought when Harry said how lucky he was to have her, that meant that all of the BRF and the UK was lucky to have her - she never doubted it.  She has acted in supreme self-confidence and self-aggrandizement.  She’s not puzzled at all that she isn’t universally and immediately adored.  She simply believes anyone who doesn’t worship her can and will be brought to heel or punished for it, although I’m sure she’d dress it up as “the Universe” or “karma”.  Her idea of punishment includes erasing a person.  She erased her immediately prior husband and that went smoothly.  She erased her prior significant relationship (husband?) before that.  She erased the chef after that, smooth as silk again.  Well, Thomas proved to be sticky, didn’t he?  Not so easily erased.  Other family members are sticky, aren’t they?  Not smooth as silk.  They simply aren’t accepting The Truth According To Meghan.  Neither are the people she is doxxing.  Neither are many of us.  So, punishments will rain down from her and she will doggedly pursue avenue after avenue to silence anyone who doesn’t see The Truth, and with whatever weapons available:  doxxing, suing, flailing, PR-ing, merching for money to continue the war.

I’m reminded of this:

https://xkcd.com/386/

Harry still doesn’t know where it all went wrong but he’d dug in on positions.  I don’t pity him.  Made, bed, lie.

I’d thoroughly enjoy watching “KP” attempt a lawsuit.  Not for a moment do I think that either Charles or HM would permit it, but I surely will enjoy as Markle frenzies herself in flogging the idea.

ETA:  I think it would be highly illuminating if we knew where Doria was during that decade + that she was gone for, that Thomas was single-parenting during.

Who has jurisdiction over the lawsuit? She's a US citizen, not British, so I would think US law would have the jurisdiction, in which case the lawsuit would get thrown out because she's a public person/celebrity. Suing your Father is universally bad form so I don't think it will win her any fans on that one. JMO.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #1664 on: February 12, 2019, 03:09:05 AM »

There isn't a chance Meghan is going to withdraw anywhere, she's having the time of her life stirring the old pot. They aren't victims of anything other than their own lack of understanding of how to handle the press and their inability or unwillingness to do the job they're paid quite well to do which is to support and uphold the institution. All the Harkles are worried about is making sure no one says anything bad about Meghan.

We don't discuss conspiracy theories here, so I'm not going to get into that other than to say Harry's is a supporting role, always has been and always will be. He's not a threat to anyone and no one is trying to kick him out because of some imagined threat. Preposterous.

Last point: all sources are unreliable, not just the DM. Lainey and Omer (sp?) and the five anonymous friends, not one of them is reliable. I find it insulting that I'm being accused of believing the DM articles just because I don't like Imelda. I have weighed her and found her wanting long before the DM turned on her. My opinions don't need vindicating, thank you very much. They're really well-formed and based on logic, which is more than I can say for those wringing their hands for poor innocent Meghan and Harry. Dead

I have observed the situation for two years, as have so many on here, my opinions are based on my observations and knowledge about how the BRF works, not conspiracy theories.
I’m not a sugar for Harry, I never really cared for him. I don’t particularly like Meghan, her personality, and idea of who she is, doesn’t fit into the BRF IMO.
However, I also do care about fairness, and I don’t think the way Meghan is being treated, with the daily negative articles in the DM, is fair. That’s all.

(Thanks to all who welcomed me. Star )

Ummm Chookie Flower Bean can stirr the pot as much as she likes. All that does is annoy the gray men like a pesky gnat that they need to squish. It will not give her anything of value or move Hazard up the feeding chain. there is no substance to her stirring other than getting DM milage. But then, maybe that's all she's after in readiness for her next husband?

I bet if Imelda knew Tessy, she would envy her - because she still HAS her own IG & Twitter ...  Wink

Kaiserin ITA!! Maybe that's why Loopey Tessy entered into this sh*t storm to boost her own ratings? 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 146   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: