Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan Markle - News and Events 2019  (Read 76089 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2019, 03:58:59 PM »

The pieces of clothing and jewellery that she has heavily over-invested in are not going to stand the test of time. She is like a kid in a cheap candy store, and even worse now she is giving out fashion advice?

Her last two handbags have resembled a pencil case and a lunchbox. Dead
The last is called "vanity box" for a reason - it was designed to carry make-up articles.
It has a mirror in the flap:

Oh, decadence, thy name is Imelda.

I often wonder what royal women DO carry in these tiny purses. It's said they don't have wallets, as they do not need to carry money, credit cards, ID's and the like. They won't have keys, either. So - mobile, lipstick, handkerchiefs? NOTHING at all, even?

Well, it has that mirror, so what else does she need?
QueenE

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »

The pieces of clothing and jewellery that she has heavily over-invested in are not going to stand the test of time. She is like a kid in a cheap candy store, and even worse now she is giving out fashion advice?

Her last two handbags have resembled a pencil case and a lunchbox. Dead
The last is called "vanity box" for a reason - it was designed to carry make-up articles.
It has a mirror in the flap:

Oh, decadence, thy name is Imelda.

I often wonder what royal women DO carry in these tiny purses. It's said they don't have wallets, as they do not need to carry money, credit cards, ID's and the like. They won't have keys, either. So - mobile, lipstick, handkerchiefs? NOTHING at all, even?

Well, it has that mirror, so what else does she need?
Gives her the opportunity to flip it open and gaze adoringly at herself whenever she needs to.
karma chamelion

Small Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2019, 06:59:56 PM »

The woman who wears a short sleeve dress with no hose and summer shoes for an engagement in the middle of winter in London is not someone for the common peasant to emulate.

Plus her handbag (the non-ginger one) and coat for this engagement probably cost as much as these women spent on their last car. Women in the real world need to be around real feminists, not faux feminists like Imelda.

Star I so agree to this. It is extremely condescending to show up in clothes that cost this much. This is not empowering at all. She is completely tone deaf. The way you dress, including the amount you spend on it, actually says something about your intentions and emotions, and your personality. Fashion in that sense is as they say indeed a way to express yourself. Well, I think we can all agree we get Sparkle’s message loud and clear. Dead

Thank you ElisaRose and Star back atcha.

It makes my blood boil to see her sitting at that table with a coy/smug look on her face in designer clothes that cost what some of these women make in a year. How is this helping anything but Meghan Antoinette's posh image? She's so ridiculous I just can't. Snare

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2019, 08:59:19 PM »

Meghan's extremly poised. Great posture too.
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2019, 09:15:21 PM »

She’s looks like a robot to me.

Going back to some pictures she looks like she is playing it up for cameras.

Like she wants to make it seem like she is interested in what’s being said but she really just wants to make sure the photographer has the perfect shot.

Got caught up with her news. She has four new patronages. All that share her interest. Good for her. Makes it easier for her to care.

I see she went to her first one and I didn’t see any belly cuppying.

Passed her and her spending. It’s not like if she reads that she needs to tone it down she will. If anything I think her FIL encourages it.

Lastly, I read her and Haz are miserable. The price you pay isn’t?
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »

Meghan's extremly poised. Great posture too.
She definitely puts all the slouchy royals to shame. Whistle
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2019, 09:36:47 PM »

Those are really ugly shoes.

She looks snobish   Secret

She were a total mess yesterday imo

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »

Meghan Markle and Queen friendship: How Meghan met Queen for TEA to discuss patronages
MEGHAN has become the patron of four organisations, Kensington Palace has revealed today and the duchess met with the Queen to discuss the new roles over tea
The Duchess of Sussex is taking over two organisations that have been passed on from the Queen. These include becoming a Royal Patron of the National Theatre and The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Meghan is reported to have met the Queen for tea to discuss the new roles at the end of last year.
As the Queen is turning 92 this year, she could be looking to reduce her workload and pass on charities and organisations to younger members of the royal family.

National Theatre Rufus Norris said: “I would like to thank the Queen for Her Majesty’s long and unwavering support and service to the National Theatre.
“We were honoured when the Queen blame our patron in 1974 and have celebrated many moments together including, in recent years, the Diamond Jubilee and the marking of our 50th anniversary.
“It is a privilege to welcome the Duchess of Sussex as our new patron.
“The Duchess shares our deeply-held conviction that theatre has the power to bring together people from all communities and walks of life.
I very much look forward to working closely with Her Royal Highness in the years to come.”
https://www.express.co.uk...yhem-smart-works-new-role
I thin that is called work   Roll Eyes
She had a working meeting with the Queen about her futur patronages not a meeting for girls chichat  Snore

Blueskies

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2019, 09:39:51 PM »

She looks snobish   Secret

She were a total mess yesterday imo

I agree.  It’s all about what she thinks makes HER look good.  She is concerned only about her image. It’s old already, and it hasn’t even been a full year.  
ElisaRose

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2019, 10:12:48 PM »

The acting simply never ever stops... makes you wonder how she behaves when there are no cameras around.  Thinking It must be dead tiring to act all the time, also to amuse your spouse, your friends and family... At some point you might even lose yourself, your heart and soul and can’t figure out yourself what is real and what is not. Not something to be envious of at all... Nerves

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.” HRH Princess Margaret
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2019, 10:24:35 PM »

That fake smile she constantly has plastered on her face bothers me so bad! She always looks like a wax figure, not life like at all.
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2019, 10:34:02 PM »

^^^ For what it's worth, I don't think that is a fake smile.  I think she is genuinely interested in the people she's talking to and what they are saying, and that that's a genuine smile. 
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2019, 10:40:01 PM »

Looks like more of a smug smile that means she’s happy with her current situation, IMO
Not happy to meet the people or give charity/patronage
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2019, 10:47:54 PM »

Very interesting about the Oscars rumor especially since baby Sussex is rumored anytime between February and June depending on who you read.  Plane travel is generally fine until 36 weeks but international travel can be cut off as early as 32 weeks.  The Oscars are in late February so if (big IF) there was any truth than baby could not be due until late March at the earliest (late April at the safest cutoff).  British Airways requires a doctors note after 28 weeks.  I mention this because we know the Lainey is one of Meghan's mouthpieces...this Oscars thing is from Meghan not the Oscars themselves.

If she makes the choice to fly that late in her pregnancy when she doesn’t HAVE to, she’s showing where her priorities lie. It will be interesting to see how she interacts with her child when they are older- if they are as comfortable with her as, for example, Estelle/Oscar are with Vic/Dan, or if public interactions make it obvious they are being raised by nannies (I hope they have good ones!).

She made the choice to visit countries where Zika is still a threat while pregnant, so we know indeed that she's not about to miss an opportunity to be in front of the cameras, regardless of what doctors advise. 

Meanwhile, I think the folks at the Academy who plan the awards couldn't give two sh*ts about having a former D-lister show up.

This all screams "Lainey" to me.
Michelle0187

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2019, 11:04:06 PM »

She still doesn't know how to sit. Always wearing shoes that is best to wear for a night on the town. Why is she having so much trouble finding just one look. Meg is in a rush to wear as many insanely expensive items for each engagement. Her stans swear she used her briefcase money on most of it and the rest are from chuck and Harry's inheritance.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: