Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 169   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan Markle - News and Events 2019  (Read 206480 times)
Celia

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1635 on: February 11, 2019, 05:25:43 PM »

You know things are bad when Tessy of Lux defends you...

https://www.dailymail.co....ghan-Markles-defence.html
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #1636 on: February 11, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »

rainbow the answer is A, just  look at his behaviour and it's consequences when he takes the initiative or let's his most beloved consort take the lead.

Most likely, so who would've wanted him as a king? Here enters the PR machine in action and a couple of years later we have our cool war hero Prince.  There is no evidence the palace wanted him to be family's scapegoat, au contraire,  they worked hard to save his image.
And clearly they are not the ones writing letters and arranging fake stories in People. They(HM/Charles/advisers) can't do much at this point because she's pregnant.

The people who wanted him as king were either not serious or just reacting against t William but now that Harry has shown his true self no one wants to see him and his albatross anywhere near the throne.
Yvonne

Mini Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #1637 on: February 11, 2019, 05:57:58 PM »

oh God, Tessy  Nerves
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1638 on: February 11, 2019, 06:14:26 PM »

Yyyyyeeeahhh.... NOPE. Shut up, Tessy. Stay in your own little world. You're not even on Meghan's radar.

Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

#teamtessy

Ignore
« Reply #1639 on: February 11, 2019, 06:19:26 PM »

Tessy would be better placed talking about how it feels propping up the reputation of a simple younger son in a stuffy royal family. She and Meg would have oodles to talk about there.

I came here to drink wine and rag on male royals
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #1640 on: February 11, 2019, 06:54:11 PM »

OMG, I would never have assume that Tessy would willingly bring herself into THIS shitshow as well - methinks she would have enough to do with her own.

Good that she advices folks to "be nice" - an advice she has clearly not followed when throwing her FIL & MIL under the bus repeatedly. But in this, Imelda and Tessy are same - it's all about them, and only them, always.

I bet if Imelda knew Tessy, she would envy her - because she still HAS her own IG & Twitter ...  Wink
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1641 on: February 11, 2019, 07:01:34 PM »

Tessy, at this point, she would throw herself next to any royal in order to feel relevant.

genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #1642 on: February 11, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »

But out Tessy, Imelda's not going to be your friend.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
Rescue

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #1643 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:14 PM »

There isn't a chance Meghan is going to withdraw anywhere, she's having the time of her life stirring the old pot. They aren't victims of anything other than their own lack of understanding of how to handle the press and their inability or unwillingness to do the job they're paid quite well to do which is to support and uphold the institution. All the Harkles are worried about is making sure no one says anything bad about Meghan.

We don't discuss conspiracy theories here, so I'm not going to get into that other than to say Harry's is a supporting role, always has been and always will be. He's not a threat to anyone and no one is trying to kick him out because of some imagined threat. Preposterous.

Last point: all sources are unreliable, not just the DM. Lainey and Omer (sp?) and the five anonymous friends, not one of them is reliable. I find it insulting that I'm being accused of believing the DM articles just because I don't like Imelda. I have weighed her and found her wanting long before the DM turned on her. My opinions don't need vindicating, thank you very much. They're really well-formed and based on logic, which is more than I can say for those wringing their hands for poor innocent Meghan and Harry. Dead

I have observed the situation for two years, as have so many on here, my opinions are based on my observations and knowledge about how the BRF works, not conspiracy theories.
I’m not a sugar for Harry, I never really cared for him. I don’t particularly like Meghan, her personality, and idea of who she is, doesn’t fit into the BRF IMO.
However, I also do care about fairness, and I don’t think the way Meghan is being treated, with the daily negative articles in the DM, is fair. That’s all.

(Thanks to all who welcomed me. Star )

lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1644 on: February 11, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »

Is it possible that MEghan wrote that letter just for the purpose of releasing it now herself? It seems odd to me that Thomas would release a letter that's bashing him to the public. It seems more like she comes off better having the letter released than he does. Just my two cents.
Lady G

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #1645 on: February 11, 2019, 09:20:03 PM »

I hope Harry can break the cycle, because IMO he doesnít deserve this. Iím actually shocked by the level of hatred.
I think Harry and Meghan should withdraw to Froogmore, after the baby is born, recuperate for a year, to see if he will be allowed to have a meaningful public role. If not, they must naturally consider their positions. I think Meghan wanted the status and the public role, but I also think she loves Harry very much, as does Harry. It will be difficult for Harry to just leave it all.
I think some in royal machinery waited for a long time to really hit Harry, because he was becoming a problem for the monarchy, because of his popularity. The real problem is William and Kate, because no amount of PR will hide that William is unfit to become king, and that the Cambridges are a disaster, because of their boring nature, laziness etc.
If they kick out Harry, and prevent him from having even a supporting role, the monarchy will be in trouble, because they will have very little to work with.

The Daily Mail is an unreliable source. When I was a regular here the DM was ridiculed. Now, their articles about Meghan (which feature unnamed sources, or biased former press secretaries to justify their smears) are accepted as the truth, by people who dislike her, because they see them as vindicating their own opinions about her.
That is a very sad situation.

Oh please, Harry was popular BECAUSE of the Palace's PR machine - they pushed Hero Harry, poor little motherless boy who just wanted to be one the lads redeeming himself out on the battlefield, serving Granny and Country. Look at him with veterans! Look at him with children! How could they be worried about his popularity when they helped fan it?

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
Paulina

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1646 on: February 11, 2019, 09:37:31 PM »

That was a nicely put comment, Rescue. Nice to see opposing views on here too!

I do wonder, however, that if Harry would like to break the cycle of being the heir's punching bag (and I agree it exists), if he would just step out of line and go live in the US or somewhere else away from the news media and the royalty circus. I mean, he does have the power after all, and then he (and Meghan) would be free to support charities close to their heart and live their lives like more normal people, and maybe repair the damage of her family situation. That path above is not closed to him, isn't going to cause a Constitutional crisis, and would probably be a relief to everyone. But perhaps that isn't what Meghan wants or he's too lazy or perhaps maybe she didn't just marry Harry for himself. All I'm saying is that at any time they can pull the ripcord, I just doubt we would actually see it.

Unfortunately, Harry is not psychologically equipped to lead a life as a country aristo and his wife is in it expressly FOR his title, not him at all. But if they were smart and knew themselves well, this would be the best option.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1647 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:36 PM »

Altough the main topic is Meghan, I think Harry's former popularity should receive a PR Oscar(or Nobel?) for those who were behind it. Because what sane person would want as a king a person wearing a nazi uniform?  I would think he's A) mentally challenged or B) a nazi sympathizer. Especially with their family antecedents.  

This.  Star

He's a complete moron, and as time has gone on, he's continued to prove he's a complete moron.

And while I do agree that the pitting of one wife against another, the narrative of the commoner who doesn't understand royal life, the heir vs. the spare conflicts, etc are wide-spread throughout time courtesy of the media, this insanity has hit an entirely new low and Meghan and Harry are entirely to blame.  I also thought Sparkles might be a breath of fresh air, but instead, she's proven herself over and over to be a fame-whore to the nth degree.

KC- Star back at you.
Paulina

Warned
Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #1648 on: February 11, 2019, 11:18:27 PM »

Exactly this, Pixiecat.
Key words were the palace insider who said they don't want to listen. Something like that. They don't take advice and they don't listen.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1649 on: February 11, 2019, 11:27:18 PM »

I think it's pretty obvious why Harry was popular and still seems to be despite all the drama; he's a people person, people respect his military service, and things like Invictus and Sentebale. Unfortunately now he is listening to only Meghan and there are no sane, intelligent heads involved like ELF who was such a great influence. He seems the person who needs someone to look up to, to steady him and guide him a little, which is sad at this age but I think because they live in such isolated bubbles these people never mature past their teen years in the vast majority of cases.

I'm not surprised ELF jumped ship. Or was forced out...
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 169   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: