Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Swedish Royal News  (Read 190189 times)
Aubiette

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: December 20, 2019, 11:22:39 PM »

Love the religious Christmas video. I also like her velvet dress. The fur infuriates me. I think Vic’s at least is fake? Hope so.
amethyst

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: December 21, 2019, 12:13:59 AM »

YES Vik looks great - she's at her best when she keeps it sleek and simple. as much as I'm dying for her to switch it up and wear her hair down, I actually like the bun better with this dress than the half-up/half-down style.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: December 21, 2019, 12:16:11 AM »

The dress is a repeat. She also wore it at the same event in 2017

Two years earlier and Vic looks trn years younger. Something has definitely changed (and not for the better).

Maybe Daniel's health has taken a bad turn.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: December 21, 2019, 12:17:56 AM »

Two years earlier and Vic looks trn years younger. Something has definitely changed (and not for the better).

I certainly hope not, but sadly it could be a possibility.
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #784 on: December 21, 2019, 03:26:22 AM »

Love the religious Christmas video. I also like her velvet dress. The fur infuriates me. I think Vic’s at least is fake? Hope so.

Me too, Aubiette.
Clover

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: December 21, 2019, 04:54:53 AM »

The dress is absolutely beautiful and just right for her. Very very flattering. Good job! I actually also like the bun, for once, because an updo looks right with the dress, IMO. It’s just that it’s incredibly boring that she always have the same hairstyle no matter if it’s normal work days or gala. She has long hair which is actually quite beautiful. She really ought to do more with it. Softer updos or just different ones. Surely there’s a hairdresser available who could do her hair for normal work days too.

But still, this is the best she’s looked in years.

I agree with every single word!  Champagne

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: December 21, 2019, 08:32:03 AM »

Thank God for the sleek dress. It looks good and has a nice colour. Still hate the bun!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: December 21, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »

SVT's traditional programme "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family) will be shown on SVT1 and SVT Play tomorrow (December 22) at 20.00

https://www.svtplay.se/ka...3%A5ret+med+kungafamiljen

Yet another royal year is nearing its end, and SVT has followed the royal family in celebration and everyday life, at home and traveling.

When Childhood Foundation turned twenty years this year, Queen Silvia traveled to Cape Town in South Africa and met children and young people from the townships.
Princess Madeleine debuted as a writer with the children's book "Stella and the secret", which wants to give children the strength to stand up for themselves.
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are campaigning against cyber bullying, and talk about their own experiences of this.
It has been ten years since Prince Daniel got a new kidney from his father. The Prince tells us how it affected his life, and about the importance of talking about organ donation.
The royal family spent the summer 2019, as always, in Solliden on Öland, and we get to see Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar playing in the garden.

Here's a short clip: https://www.svtplay.se/kl...afamiljen-2019?start=auto
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: December 23, 2019, 09:57:29 AM »

The Year with the Royal Family 2019 aired last night: https://www.svtplay.se/vi...2019-avsnitt-1?start=auto
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: December 23, 2019, 05:07:30 PM »

Does Daniel have health issues? I thought he was into fitness and healthy eating.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: December 23, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »

Does Daniel have health issues? I thought he was into fitness and healthy eating.

He had a kidney transplant back in 2009. 
Booklover

Warned
Medium Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: December 23, 2019, 05:59:33 PM »

Poor guy. I guess he's on anti-rejection meds. I didn't know that, so that was before his wedding to Vic.
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: December 23, 2019, 06:05:44 PM »

Anti rejection meds are horrible though necessary. Leave your immune system weakened so you're much more prone to picking up infections. Maybe he's struggling with health issues
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: December 23, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »

Poor guy. I guess he's on anti-rejection meds. I didn't know that, so that was before his wedding to Vic.

Yeah, a little over a year before hand...some sort of congenital issue, his dad was his donor.  

Honestly either of them looking “off” could be any number of things.  Best not to get too caught up in various theories until we have more to go on.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #794 on: December 23, 2019, 06:46:30 PM »

Daniel actually talked about his kidney issues in The Year with the Royal Family 2019 programme yesterday (I posted the link earlier in this thread)

https://www.svenskdam.se/...en-och-hur-han-mar-i-dag/

Prince Daniel about death - and how he feels today

Prince Daniel has lived with his father's kidney for ten years, and in SVT's "Året med kungafamiljen" he talks about how he is doing today.
- Death is certainly difficult to think about. And that's why I think you might want to close that door and not want to dwell on those feelings.

The words are Prince Daniel's, and he tells them because of the fact that many more people need to sign up for the donation register. The queue is very long - and one person can save eight other people's lives after their death.
SVT's "Året med kungafamiljen" met Prince Daniel for an interview, in one of the splendor salons at Stockholm Palace. He sits in a silk-covered chair on the giant carpet in Prince Bertil's old apartment, and it is a very serious conversation - not least when it comes to that spring ten and a half years ago when Daniel was newly engaged to Victoria and his kidney disease suddenly became very urgent.

- I was on dialysis for five-six weeks. Then I was very, very sick and there are no pleasant memories at all. It is an incredibly difficult situation and I am happy to have that time behind me, but when I look back it is also an important experience.

- But then, right after the surgery, I was incredibly lively and felt really good right away, so it was really like getting a new life from one day to another.

A part is filmed during Prince Daniel's visit to the transplant surgical clinic at Huddinge Hospital, where he also tells us how he is doing today:

- Now it has been ten years and I am healthy and feel great. But I do want to be a voice for this issue and support those who are affected.

At the hospital, Prince Daniel met Alexander Rydgren, who a week earlier had received a kidney from his mother Charlotta Tillbom.

- There are few things that are such a big decision, yet so simple, says Charlotta Tillbom.

- Exactly. You would gladly give all your organs to your children, Prince Daniel replies.

- I think of those who are in a queue and all the families who live in uncertainty and who suffer and have a very hard time. I can't think of anything worse as a parent than to have a child who needs an organ they could get if the will to donate was greater. If you ask yourself "Am I willing to receive an organ?", or "Would I like my son or daughter or husband or wife or close friend to have an organ, in the event that they need it?", and the answer is "Yes, I would like to" - then I think it is quite reasonable that you should be willing to donate organs yourself, Daniel says.

- It only takes a few seconds, or maybe a minute, to go into the donation register and sign up. It's about saving lives, and it is so easy to do.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: