Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6/1: Pascua Militar 2019  (Read 3055 times)
PrincessOdette

Mini Member

United States United States

stay classy and sassy, my friends

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 10:49:13 PM »

That cape is gorgeous  
Same with the brooch! Thanks for sharing the history behind it.  With or without fillers I think her face looks good  Thumb up
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »

Lula, Olivia'  Star for your photos
Fruela Star for your royal tidbit about Victoria Eugenie's  jewels being passed down through the family.
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »

Some say the pearl is the genuine  Perla Peregrina  (16th century), others claim  it isn't (though it is a very good one).
lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 04:28:27 PM »

This brooch is of gray pearls. "La Peregrina" is a white pearl, that Sofia has always worn hanging from a necklace and Victoria Eugenia wore in necklaces or a brooch in the form of a bow.

Here is a photo of Sofia where the difference in color is appreciated.

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »

Here's me wondering HOW on earth the SRF could be wearing Liz Taylor's Peregrina for so long while it was auctioned for $11 million in 2011...
Seems there's hers, and another perfect pear shaped pearl that goes by the name of Pellegrina or Pelegrina or Peregrina that is part of the joyas de pasar. Which may or may not be the same as the one sold in 1953?  Mysteries, mysteries!  Down the rabbit hole I go!!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
PrincessOdette

Mini Member

stay classy and sassy, my friends

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 08:17:33 PM »

This brooch is of gray pearls. "La Peregrina" is a white pearl, that Sofia has always worn hanging from a necklace and Victoria Eugenia wore in necklaces or a brooch in the form of a bow.

Here is a photo of Sofia where the difference in color is appreciated.

Thanks for the info, lula!
That brooch is beautiful and same with that beautiful pearl worn in the necklace 
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 08:45:47 PM »

The "Peregrina" (once owned by the Spanish Royal Family, went into Joseph Bonapartes hands when he held Spain for his brother Napoleon, then sold to an English aristo by Napoleon III (?), and later owned by Liz Taylor - a gift from Richard Burton, who is rumoured to have outbidden a member of the then Spanish Family in the auction in 1969)

The one Sophia is wearing is most probably the "Pelegrina" (mark the different spelling),
which is said to have been a gift for Queen Ena's marriage 1906, given to her by her husband.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 09:10:47 PM »

Here's me wondering HOW on earth the SRF could be wearing Liz Taylor's Peregrina for so long while it was auctioned for $11 million in 2011...
Seems there's hers, and another perfect pear shaped pearl that goes by the name of Pellegrina or Pelegrina or Peregrina that is part of the joyas de pasar. Which may or may not be the same as the one sold in 1953?  Mysteries, mysteries!  Down the rabbit hole I go!!

Good luck and God speed Pomme! Laugh bounce

Kaiserin, another Star when time allows.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Todayonly

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 09:20:51 PM »

Queen L looks gorgeous.  Not a fan of the dress, but I actually like her hair/makeup.  The smoky eye accentuates the green color of her eyes.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 12:06:40 AM »

The "Peregrina" (once owned by the Spanish Royal Family, went into Joseph Bonapartes hands when he held Spain for his brother Napoleon, then sold to an English aristo by Napoleon III (?), and later owned by Liz Taylor - a gift from Richard Burton, who is rumoured to have outbidden a member of the then Spanish Family in the auction in 1969)

The one Sophia is wearing is most probably the "Pelegrina" (mark the different spelling),
which is said to have been a gift for Queen Ena's marriage 1906, given to her by her husband.

Thanks Kaiserin!  Star

I had forgotten about La Peregrina and how beautiful it was.
fruela

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 08:17:17 AM »

You are right,Lula. There is this  codicil in Queen V.E.'s will where she includes two brooches: the one with  a pale grey pearl surrounded by diamonds which hangs  a "pear -shaped pearl" , and another brooch with a pearl which she calls 'la Peregrina'. So  I guess  Q.L. is wearing the first one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: