Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Meghan's behaviour - observed and noticed  (Read 57048 times)
gildinwen

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: February 11, 2019, 05:20:33 PM »

I detest articles that say the Queen has rules about this or that or this other thing...please QEII lost control of this family decades ago.  Multiple female members of the family wear pants, off the shoulder dresses (mostly evening), strapless (the Queen herself also evening), the nude nail polish thing is William about Kate (though the black nail polish was tacky...haven't we seen Sophie with red nail polish), the Queen is famous for her red lipstick, and pantyhose IMO aren't a huge deal and they won't fix outfits that are wrong on multiple levels.

The issue with Meghan is...her excessive spending, excessive distracting behavior (belly cupping and PDAs), her lack of manners (SHALLOW curtsy to the King and Queen of Tonga and other times being caught on camera demanding her coat or asking can we leave), her SJW take on royal duties, her PR campaign of victimhood, and the fact that she thinks she a celeb (was never one and isn't on now).

My take on the selfies, conserving with fans, and touching fans...

Once you let one person take a selfie you have to do the same for everyone...ain't nobody got time for that.

Yes you want to exchange a few words but there are a lot of people to meet so keep it simple.

Touching fans (hugging) makes it harder for security to keep a 360 view of your person.  All it takes is one crazy with a knife wanting a hug for all sorts of problems to occur.  Also IIRK at least once security asked H&M to go up one side and then down another (to keep things organized) then Imelda is crossing over, complete disregarding security's wishes/plan, and dragging Handbag along with her.  My momma has three very good rules...you don't mess with the people that cook your food, hold your money, or keep you safe.

About the security thing, I saw someone post this screenshot yesterday:

As always take with a grain of salt but if it's true then I feel for their security staff.

If true she's a fucking moron. I'm sorry no you don't do this. You're not a celebrity you're a member of the Royal family and you've already received death threat. If god forbid something does happen because she disregards advice, then I'm sorry she's has no one to blame but herself
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

#teamtessy

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2019, 06:44:36 PM »

My tuppence worth? It's still early days and if KP had the common sense to stay shtum and to push Meghan and Harry Markle out to the provinces in a selection of sensibly priced high street getups, while waiting for baby Sussex, it would do their reputation well.

The BRF has so far survived multiple divorces, sucked toes, fake sheiks, airmiles Andy, talking to plants, three in the marriage, alleged pedo-palling Andy, having to pay tax, the business with Prince Andrew's house, Ardent productions, Princess Anne's killer dog, Prince Andrew ramming that gate, Paul Burrell, Just Prince Andrew in general, and several topless scandals. They should be able to deal with Meghan and her family without breaking a sweat. But taking the fight to the press? Stupid, it's like that old adage about wrestling a pig. You both get muddy and the pig enjoys it.

The fact that the Sussex courtship moved at lightning speed has not helped matters. 12 months to give up your career, move countries, live together, marry AND become a full trained up member of the British Royal Family? It was always going to be a challenge. But when you add in the BRF's general terribleness when it comes to adapting to new situations, and the fact that Harry and Meg both clearly have strong ideas about their role and the difference they could make, it was destined to be stormy.

I came here to drink wine and rag on male royals
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2019, 07:18:53 PM »

You are right, FC, that the BRF survived all this AND their future King admitting on tape that he dreams to be a Tampon ...

BUT:
- all this was before the Social Media really began to go crazy
AND
- all these were handled by their Press Team, and only by their Press Team. One voice. With mostly just sitting it out. With "never explain, never complain". With law suits, if necessary. And good lawyers.
No "what xyz wants, xyz gets".

What happens now is unprecedenced, and, as you rightly say, could all have been avoided with taking more time, planning ahead, and better checking of her background.
gildinwen

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: February 11, 2019, 07:29:20 PM »

My tuppence worth? It's still early days and if KP had the common sense to stay shtum and to push Meghan and Harry Markle out to the provinces in a selection of sensibly priced high street getups, while waiting for baby Sussex, it would do their reputation well.

The BRF has so far survived multiple divorces, sucked toes, fake sheiks, airmiles Andy, talking to plants, three in the marriage, alleged pedo-palling Andy, having to pay tax, the business with Prince Andrew's house, Ardent productions, Princess Anne's killer dog, Prince Andrew ramming that gate, Paul Burrell, Just Prince Andrew in general, and several topless scandals. They should be able to deal with Meghan and her family without breaking a sweat. But taking the fight to the press? Stupid, it's like that old adage about wrestling a pig. You both get muddy and the pig enjoys it.

The fact that the Sussex courtship moved at lightning speed has not helped matters. 12 months to give up your career, move countries, live together, marry AND become a full trained up member of the British Royal Family? It was always going to be a challenge. But when you add in the BRF's general terribleness when it comes to adapting to new situations, and the fact that Harry and Meg both clearly have strong ideas about their role and the difference they could make, it was destined to be stormy.

When I bring the short nature of their courtship, people are always quick to say they've been together for two years. No they've been in a long distance relationship for two years. When marrying into the Royal family you a lot more time than that....
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »

When I bring the short nature of their courtship, people are always quick to say they've been together for two years. No they've been in a long distance relationship for two years. When marrying into the Royal family you a lot more time than that....

On though the LDR was only 18 months.  The other 6 being the engagement.
rainbow

Baby Member

Western Sahara Western Sahara

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: February 11, 2019, 07:48:15 PM »

Almost  2 years at the moment of the wedding, it was a little more than 1 year when the engagement was announced. The decision was took earlier anyway. So they decided to get married after about 1 year of LDR. 
fogdancer

Big Member

Brazil Brazil

An explosive mix of blonde and ginger with blue ey

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: February 11, 2019, 08:35:29 PM »

The sum of being inside The Firm

In the lack of the words, be fluent in diamonds.
NAOTMAA

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: February 11, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »

Don't the firm do any background checks on girlfriend's and boyfriend's or do they just let anyone in silly nilly because so and so said Prince/Princess wanted it Huh?

I want to know what Meghan's background check said and how they could let it get to this. I bet it's a real hoot  Drool
gildinwen

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: February 11, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »

Almost  2 years at the moment of the wedding, it was a little more than 1 year when the engagement was announced. The decision was took earlier anyway. So they decided to get married after about 1 year of LDR. 

Yeah...even when you're living in the same country- that's a little too fast (IMO)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: February 11, 2019, 10:59:51 PM »

Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: February 11, 2019, 11:18:18 PM »

Funny.  We could almost have a caption competition with that one.   Star

Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: February 11, 2019, 11:29:33 PM »

So many good points here! They moved too fast and I believe he really didn't know her at all. Not really, just whatever  facade she put up. Remember telling him she had no family, his family was hers now, but she's not really tried to integrate herself. I'd think she could still be independent and herself but toe the line more. The problem is, treating this like Hollywood when it is so not, and believing in your own press and living and dying by that sword. Then marrying into such a famous family for more fame and fortune, probably not for the man himself but I hope I'm wrong.
Carreen

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: February 11, 2019, 11:49:52 PM »

It's my first post in the disaster area that is Megan's threads... and I've been following the discussion with interest as outsider (neither Brit nor US American).

It's very well possible that there people somewhere in palace offices who want to pay back Prince Harry for past mistakes or who want to create a negative foil to make unglamorous William shine. It's also possible that parts of the press more or less subtly play up pearl-clutching ressentiments against a divorced American upstart. It's possible and it would explain the hail of damaging articles in the press.

But Megan is doing most of the damage herself by the way she lets herself be photographed. She's an actress and should know that you can create antagonism or a positive response by the way you present yourself.

Her over-the-top expensive clothes, her disregard of most basic dress rules (she's either overdressed or underdressed, always trying to stand out), her coquettish smiles, exaggearted bump-presenting, her obsessive grip on her husband's hand - I need  no social media and no journalist to find it obnoxious. And it's not one event, not two or three. Nearly every picture of her shows these mannerisms.

I can't believe she wasn't prepared in advance. I can understand that she wants to do her own thing, she has her own way of doing things. But someone should have told her that you to can't just jump in and disregard the rules if you enter an institution. The BRF has an important constitutional role in Great Britain that is the result of centuries-long balancing and careful evolution - and as Prince Harry's wife her function is important enough to be noticed and hpyed, but certainly not important enough to change the system. That only upsets everybody else.

I can't imagine that Prince Harry doesn't know that and didn't tell her. He must have told her to learn from successful married-ins who started with much less good-will from the public than she did.

She must have disregarded a huge amount of good advice. I don't know why. Some people here said it's because she's still in the American mindset of seeing the BRF as mega-celebs and nothing else but if that's true, let's hope it can be corrected.

Her image and poses have to change, her body language, her crazy spending, her whole style. By trying to convince everybody how authentic and spontaneous she is she looks totally fake. Already at the wedding she seemed to playing a role. Nothing fits together. She wants to project the image of the independent feminist power woman and clings for her life to her husband's arm, encrusted in jewels paid for by his family. She wants to be a perfect duchess but constantly feeds an undignified family feud. (How could that desaster happen at all?Huh?) She tries to play the doe-eyed ingenue and then pushes herself in front of everybody else. When she touches other people, it doesn't look warm and spontaneous (Michelle Obama, looking at you) but patronizing.

We can see all this from the pictures. Even if no journalist wrote a word of comment, the pictures would raise people's bristles.

Prince Harry used to be spontaneous, he looks desperate now and hardly able to interact anymore. Poor man, he looks in protection mode. My impression was that the public liked him and really wanted to like his wife, too.  And now he can't understand what went wrong. I think he's overwhelmed because he really loves her and wants everybody else to love her too. He must think her mannerisms really cute and can't understand why people roll their eyes when they see her clutch her belly. If she does it at home, I'm sure it's cute. But not at an event where her pregnancy and clothes take the attention away from the issue itself. I remember the times when articles about Prince Harry's charities told us what they were about, not gossip about clothes. How is Sentebale going? the next Invictus Games? That's what I want to hear about, not all this drama.

Prince Harry used to use his popularity to spotlight issues obviously close to his heart - and not the other way around, using charities to grab spotlight for herself the way his wife appears to do.

But it's still possible to turn it around. Everybody would understand a first year of difficulties. Fade a bit into the background, prepare for your baby, wear the same dress twice and do your job as royal, not celebrity. Take lessons from Princess Anne, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex and others, and try to fit into an institution that you came to serve - it's not there to serve you.
Athena

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: February 11, 2019, 11:53:58 PM »

^ Splendid post, Carreen  Star
karma chamelion

Medium Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2019, 12:36:59 AM »

Excellent post Carreen Star

This part:

I can't believe she wasn't prepared in advance. I can understand that she wants to do her own thing, she has her own way of doing things. But someone should have told her that you to can't just jump in and disregard the rules if you enter an institution. The BRF has an important constitutional role in Great Britain that is the result of centuries-long balancing and careful evolution - and as Prince Harry's wife her function is important enough to be noticed and hpyed, but certainly not important enough to change the system. That only upsets everybody else.

and this:

But it's still possible to turn it around. Everybody would understand a first year of difficulties. Fade a bit into the background, prepare for your baby, wear the same dress twice and do your job as royal, not celebrity. Take lessons from Princess Anne, the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Wessex and others, and try to fit into an institution that you came to serve - it's not there to serve you.

That concept is something that Meghan really needs to get through her head, she married a job. The job is to support and protect the monarchy. Not to buck the system, not to come in and disrupt, disregard and disrespect the tradition she married into willingly. She should be thinking 'what would the Queen do or say in this situation' and not playing vigilante on social media.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: