Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex- News and Events  (Read 32982 times)
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2019, 11:27:38 AM »

Omid Scobie@scobie
First 2019 engagement for Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan! On January 14 the couple will visit Birkenhead, Merseyside to meet local organisations that support and empower groups within the community.
Omid Scobie@scobie
Their day will be split into several appointments, starting with:
- Viewing a new sculpture in Hamilton Square commemorating the life of poet @WilfredOwen2018.
- Meeting local vets and members of the Birkenhead Institute Old Boys, which Owen belonged to.
- A walkabout.
Omid Scobie@scobie
They will then...
- Visit @TomorrowsWomen, which supports women in vulnerable circumstances, offering training courses and support groups around mental health, domestic abuse and more.
- #HarryandMeghan will meet women involved and visit the onsite cafe and “Inspiration Hall.”
Omid Scobie@scobie
Finally, Harry and Meghan will...
- Pay a visit to @TheHiveYZ (created by @OnSideYZ) where young locals have a safe place for leisure, building key skills and confidence building.
- They’ll unveil a plaque and meet some of the youth as they take part in activities and workshops.

Meghan Markle RETURNS to north west for first royal engagements of 2019 with Prince Harry
MEGHAN Markle, like the rest of us, is back to work this month with royal engagements in northwest England with Prince Harry,
Kensington Palace has confirmed
https://www.express.co.uk...egnant-prince-harry-royal

danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 11:30:48 AM »

Back to work! Harry and Meghan's first official engagement of the year will be a visit to Merseyside - as they prepare to welcome their first baby this spring
Duke and Duchess of Sussex will return to work after the festive break next week
The couple's first engagement will be to organisations in Merseyside on the 14th
Harry, 34, and Meghan, 37, will welcome their first child together this spring
Harry and Meghan will travel to the Wirral on Monday January 14 to see a number of organisations which support and empower groups within the local community.
The duke and duchess will visit Tomorrow’s Women Wirral, an organisation that supports women in vulnerable circumstances.
It was set up in 2011 to support women on their release from prison, and now offers a range of training courses and workshops for more than 6,000 local women, including support groups around mental health issues, domestic abuse and addiction.
Harry and Meghan will hear from some of the women about their experiences.
The couple will also visit the Hive, Wirral Youth Zone, created by thecharity OnSide Youth Zones, which is developing 21st century youth facilities across the UK.
The Hive aims to provide a safe environment for young people to help them build key skills and raise their aspirations and confidence.
The duke and duchess will also meet members of the public in Hamilton Square when they view a new sculpture marking the 100th anniversary of the death of Birkenhead war poet Wilfred Owen.

https://www.dailymail.co....side-engagement-2019.html

LarLa

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:47:47 PM »

Tomorrow’s Women Wirral - possible patronage for Meghan? She should be announcing some soon I would imagine.
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 11:35:08 PM »

I'm all for royal patronages and visits to charities as it can do some good, but we all know this visit will be looking at how big the bump containing the messiah has grown, instead of centering on the charities.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 10:58:10 PM »

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s secret £2.5m country love nest revealed as gorgeous converted farmhouse
They regard it as more of a home than Harry’s Nottingham Cottage bachelor pad in Kensington Palace.
And they have hosted a number of A-list pals including George and Amal Clooney, Serena Williams and husband Alexis Ohanian plus Priyanka Chopra and her hubby Nick Jonas.
Meghan’s mum Doria Ragland has also visited the Grade II-listed country retreat, set in four acres of rolling Oxfordshire hills.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex started renting the property early last year on a two-year lease and moved in before their May wedding.

Harry, 34, and Meghan, 37, will keep it for the time being even when they move from Kensington Palace to Windsor’s Frogmore Cottage — a switch revealed by The Sun last year.

Meghan is currently overseeing renovation work on the Windsor home and they hope to move in before the birth of their first baby, believed to be due in late March or early April.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/...han-markle-country-house/

danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 11:06:39 PM »

Four bedrooms, two kitchens, outdoor dining area and a staff cottage... the £2.5million Cotswolds bolthole Harry and Meghan are renting for two years
The couple prefer the Oxfordshire retreat to their previous home, Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace

https://www.dailymail.co....ain-friends.html#comments
Meanwhile, the Duchess has commissioned huge renovations to their new home at Frogmore Cottage, which sits in the grounds of Frogmore House and the larger Windsor Estate.
The move to Frogmore is unprecedented in recent royal history, with the couple becoming the first to be based outside London for several decades. 
It will give them more space, up-sizing from their two-bedroom home at Nottingham Cottage to five bedrooms at Frogmore.
There will be plenty of room for a nursery and potentially a live-in nanny. Meghan's mother Doria, 62, is rumoured to be moving from her Los Angeles home to stay with the couple full-time after the birth of her first grandchild.
MailOnline has contacted Kensington Palace for comment. 

REVEALED: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s SECRET £2.3m-valued A-list Cotswold hideaway
https://www.express.co.uk...tswold-house-royal-family

Oh_Caroline

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 11:14:58 PM »

I'm split about the Oxfordshire home...it's one of 6+ country homes we've heard about (including 3+ in the Great Tew area) with of course only Frogmore ever being confirmed.   Plus there hasn't been the usually security cost articles like with Anglesey in 2010, Anmer Hall in 2013, or Frogmore in 2018.  And until Frogmore articles about the country home talked about the KP Apartment 1 myth...this articles still has H&M moving to Frogmore before the baby despite planning consent not granted until late December and the renovation being a complete gut job...so a least 6 months.

Heck I could be wrong but I still lean towards media fancy with this one.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:15 PM »

Confused  I do not understand  Thinking

Despite leaving the farmhouse, the two still intend to keep the Cotswold property even after they move to Windsor.
why continue Cotswold property ?   Huh?  

Why no house (own home) for them?
Will they expect Charles to be king, to win a owned home?  Thinking
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:30:03 PM by danifaul » Logged

A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 11:46:49 PM »

Confused  I do not understand  Thinking

Despite leaving the farmhouse, the two still intend to keep the Cotswold property even after they move to Windsor.
why continue Cotswold property ?   Huh?  

Why no house (own home) for them?
Will they expect Charles to be king, to win a owned home?  Thinking
Maybe they've been promised Highgrove? As king, Charles will have Windsor, Sandringham and Balmoral, as well as either BP or Clarence House if he decides to stay there.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 11:52:01 PM »

Highgrove is part of the Duchy of Cornwall IIRC, so Harry would either have to buy it outright or rely on charity from his brother (and seeing the reports about their relationship lately, I wouldn't count on it)

Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 12:00:05 AM »

Charles has a life time lease on Highgrove so its likely that it wouldn't be available until 2048 at which time George would be Duke of Cornwall and 35 (likely married with children).

Harry and Highgrove is IMO very, very, unlikely.
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 12:18:29 AM »

Charles has a life time lease on Highgrove so its likely that it wouldn't be available until 2048 at which time George would be Duke of Cornwall and 35 (likely married with children).

Harry and Highgrove is IMO very, very, unlikely.

I think it's a great shame that neither of Charles' sons shares his interests in gardening and historical breeds of stock and crops because the Highgrove gardens are a beautiful and important resource for the people of Britain.   I hope the gardens and organic produce-making operation are retained and run by a trust in the manner in which they are currently run, after Charles becomes king.  It would be ideal if they continued to be run by the new Prince of Wales when that time comes, who would carry on the current Prince of Wales' Charitable Foundation as his father has run it, but I am not holding my breath.  I do not think Highgrove is a place that holds good memories for William and I fear he will let it slide.  Maybe George will develop an interest in the gardens and want to live there.
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 12:24:46 AM »

I agree that neither son shares Charles' cultural and aesthetic interests. As much as Diana introduced the boys to "normal" people and real issues like homelessness and AIDS she did not have culture and probably indirectly drilled it out of them. Maybe directly if she made fun of Charles and his gardens and harpist etc. I could see that. A person without culture is the kind of person who attracts dull as dishwater Kate and social justice warrior slash couture maven Meghan oh whoops sorry. As William and Kate get older and closer to the throne they will be reliable to go through the motions but they won't leave a legacy of inspiring young people to the arts. Let's hope for better for George and Charlotte and Louis.
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 01:09:40 AM »

Harry does share Charles' interest in gardening. Remember he worked with experts to create gardens for the Chelsea Flower Show for a few years. He wouldn't do that if he wasn't interested in gardening.

I love the DM comment that Harry moving to Frogmore is 'unprecedented in recent times'. I suppose if they mean recent as in in the past decade or so they would be correct but if they actually looked at the living arrangements for the Queen's younger children they would see that Harry is in fact following exactly their precedent - main home being a large home outside London and a smaller base in London. Andrew is at Royal Lodge and before that he had Sunninghill, Edward is at Bagshot. Both those homes are in Windsor Great Park - as is Frogmore. Andrew is only 3 miles from Windsor Castle while Edward is about 5. Anne is further afield being in Gloucestershire at Gatcombe.

Harry is being set up as the younger child of the monarch while William is the heir and so has the large London base and a home on one of the estates he will eventually own - Anmer on the Sandringham Estate. That is the same set up Charles has at Balmoral where he has Birkhall also on an estate he will one day own.
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 02:45:43 AM »

Harry does share Charles' interest in gardening. Remember he worked with experts to create gardens for the Chelsea Flower Show for a few years. He wouldn't do that if he wasn't interested in gardening.

I love the DM comment that Harry moving to Frogmore is 'unprecedented in recent times'. I suppose if they mean recent as in in the past decade or so they would be correct but if they actually looked at the living arrangements for the Queen's younger children they would see that Harry is in fact following exactly their precedent - main home being a large home outside London and a smaller base in London. Andrew is at Royal Lodge and before that he had Sunninghill, Edward is at Bagshot. Both those homes are in Windsor Great Park - as is Frogmore. Andrew is only 3 miles from Windsor Castle while Edward is about 5. Anne is further afield being in Gloucestershire at Gatcombe.

Harry is being set up as the younger child of the monarch while William is the heir and so has the large London base and a home on one of the estates he will eventually own - Anmer on the Sandringham Estate. That is the same set up Charles has at Balmoral where he has Birkhall also on an estate he will one day own.

Congrats on the 2000 posts!

It would be nice if Harry did indeed share Charles' level of interest in gardening and the environment.  I had forgotten that Harry had been involved with creating gardens for Chelsea.  I hope that was more than a passing interest.  Unfortunately William is the one who will probably end up with Highgrove though, so it is his views and intentions on the subject that matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: