Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex- News and Events  (Read 33045 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 03:28:00 AM »

Harry does share Charles' interest in gardening. Remember he worked with experts to create gardens for the Chelsea Flower Show for a few years. He wouldn't do that if he wasn't interested in gardening.

I love the DM comment that Harry moving to Frogmore is 'unprecedented in recent times'. I suppose if they mean recent as in in the past decade or so they would be correct but if they actually looked at the living arrangements for the Queen's younger children they would see that Harry is in fact following exactly their precedent - main home being a large home outside London and a smaller base in London. Andrew is at Royal Lodge and before that he had Sunninghill, Edward is at Bagshot. Both those homes are in Windsor Great Park - as is Frogmore. Andrew is only 3 miles from Windsor Castle while Edward is about 5. Anne is further afield being in Gloucestershire at Gatcombe.

Harry is being set up as the younger child of the monarch while William is the heir and so has the large London base and a home on one of the estates he will eventually own - Anmer on the Sandringham Estate. That is the same set up Charles has at Balmoral where he has Birkhall also on an estate he will one day own.

Congrats on the 2000 posts!

It would be nice if Harry did indeed share Charles' level of interest in gardening and the environment.  I had forgotten that Harry had been involved with creating gardens for Chelsea.  I hope that was more than a passing interest.  Unfortunately William is the one who will probably end up with Highgrove though, so it is his views and intentions on the subject that matter.

the only horticulture Hazard is immensely interested is smoking green weed type of gardening  Smiley

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
luvcharles

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »

Congrats on the 2000 posts!

Thank you. I didn't even realise I was anywhere near that number.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 01:47:17 PM »

Today's visit at Smart Works
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6576881/Meghan-looks-elegant-visits-Smart-Works-announced-patron.html

It REALLY escapes me why - if she didn't intend to close the coat anyhow, needing to give full view of the bump when leaving the car and entering the building - she couldn't recycle the oversized other beige coat she already owns:

or one of her Trenchcoats ...

But NO, she needed to waste another 3,000 dollars on a new Oscar de la Renta coat.
And the "cheap" and absolutely nondescript black dress was obviously her excuse to spend an horrendous amount on another Beckham-purse - that little box she's schlepping is almost 2,200 dollars (!) ...

Besides that, new shoes (without ID so far, but honestly, these are summer shoes, and besides: did I mention that I HATE shoes with visible plastic parts?),
and I do spot some not-before-seen tiny earrings dangling at her 'lobes.

So what does Smart Works do? According to their website:
At the heart of Smart Works sits a two hour dressing and coaching service for unemployed women with confirmed job interviews.

Each client has a personalised styling session with two Smart Works volunteer stylists, receiving a complete outfit of high quality clothes and accessories for their specific job interview, which are free and hers to keep.  We make sure that our clients look fabulous, feel confident and have everything they need, from a winter coat to a pair of tights.

After her dressing, each client receives a one-to-one interview preparation and coaching session with an experienced HR professional or senior manager. The interview session focuses on increasing the awareness of her own strengths, answering questions effectively and understanding what is expected of her at interview.

Once a client is successful at interview, they are welcomed back for a Second Dressing to receive five additional pieces of clothing. This means that they can start their new role with a capsule working wardrobe which will see them through until their first pay cheque.

When our clients re-enter the workplace, we encourage them to join the Smart Works Network, a membership group of women who have recently returned to work. The Network meet on a monthly basis to further their professional and personal development, helping and motivating one another to succeed.

Do I think it's a good idea to visit this charity in a > 6,000 dollar-outfit? NO.

Would I wish that Imelda left some of her previously worn clothes there so that they can adorn women who actually can use them for a better purpose? YES.

Do I think that Imelda is the right person to give people advice on "dress for success"? NO.
Because what shoe does is in my yes "dress to depress" (the onlooker).
She has no style, no idea what works together, she has even lost any good she was at accessorizing in the beginning.
Her only driver seems to be to spent as much as she can to look same same but different every time.

Verdict: Thumb down
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 02:04:21 PM »

I know this whole 'is Meghan going back to Suits' was a few days ago (so it's practically old news) but I saw this on tumblr and I thought it was very interesting:

'A representative of MM reached out to one of the executive producers of Suits asking, if MM decides to come back to the show, will she be welcomed. The producer responded no immediately. Some speculation is that she’ll be out of the royal family soon. Things do not look good for her. (His thought).' This is from one of the crew members of Suits

'During an interview she talked about how she stood up the director, producer, and a writer about her skin exposure on screen [while on Suits]. Not true. She enjoyed it. Because of that they were going to fire her. Perfect time, that’s when she was getting closer to PH'

It's on this tumblr blog: https://www.tumblr.com/da...log/the-charlatan-duchess

I wasn't sure which thread to post this on 9If I should post in the image/behaviour... hopefully it's ok to post here... if not then sorry!  Blush

Meghan's dress at todays SmartWorks event was a bit snug...

SQ

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 02:18:02 PM »

Maybe she'll donate her $$$ wardrobe to them  Whistle

XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »

I absolutely love the whole look today, very classic and professional. I like seeing her embracing her curves and bump rather then covering it up in layers of clothing.  She seems warm and very well behaved. Announcing the charities name and doing an event on the same day was a good move, it gives the said charity maximum exposure and i hope it really helps them out in future.

She can't possibly wear her old clothes I am guessing as her body is changing on a daily basis but I would still maintain that she needs to move away from all the branded clothes and bring down her clothing budget overall.

Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 02:32:42 PM »

I absolutely love the whole look today, very classic and professional. I like seeing her embracing her curves and bump rather then covering it up in layers of clothing.  She seems warm and very well behaved. Announcing the charities name and doing an event on the same day was a good move, it gives the said charity maximum exposure and i hope it really helps them out in future.

She can't possibly wear her old clothes I am guessing as her body is changing on a daily basis but I would still maintain that she needs to move away from all the branded clothes and bring down her clothing budget overall.

As I have yet to see a photo with the coat buttoned...she could have re-worn a camel color coat of which she has 3 or 4.  Also the handbag, shoes, and jewelry could have all been sourced from her closet as she has 12+ black handbags of various styles (clutch, tote, hobo, etc.), 20+ black shoes of various styles (pumps, boots, flats, etc.), and of course she already has over 30 pairs of earrings.  The dress (at $218) was obviously needed the rest (at $6,000+) was not.
XoXo

Warned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 02:44:05 PM »

As I have yet to see a photo with the coat buttoned...she could have re-worn a camel color coat of which she has 3 or 4.  Also the handbag, shoes, and jewelry could have all been sourced from her closet as she has 12+ black handbags of various styles (clutch, tote, hobo, etc.), 20+ black shoes of various styles (pumps, boots, flats, etc.), and of course she already has over 30 pairs of earrings.  The dress (at $218) was obviously needed the rest (at $6,000+) was not.
A fit is not only about buttons but also arms, shoulders etc.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 02:50:05 PM »

A fit is not only about buttons but also arms, shoulders etc.

Very true...but most of her coats are such a loose/bulky fit that I'm not sold on that being an issue.  She also doesn't look like she putting on much weight anywhere but belly and breast (which is total fine).  To each their own.
Ghost

Mini Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »

I hate seeing the outline of the bum like that! That is not a maternity dress and it shows. It is a horrible fit for her changing body.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 03:03:05 PM »

I hate seeing the outline of the bum like that! That is not a maternity dress and it shows. It is a horrible fit for her changing body.

It is maternity (https://www.hatchcollecti.../products/the-eliza-dress).  Tight maternity dresses seem to be some sort of fashion trend.  A thick knit (or a slip) would allow for a tasteful tighter fit.  This is not completely on Meghan...granted she chose the dress.
thecrownjewelthief

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 03:06:38 PM »

It is maternity (https://www.hatchcollecti.../products/the-eliza-dress).  Tight maternity dresses seem to be some sort of fashion trend.  A thick knit (or a slip) would allow for a tasteful tighter fit.  This is not completely on Meghan...granted she chose the dress.

Agreed, definitely a trend. I'm a little younger than Meghan and most of my friends and coworkers who have been pregnant recently wear the same tight style. I'd say the dress is super typical for a relaxed professional atmosphere like my office.

Anyway, I think she looks nice though the jacket is way too expensive (did we really expect anything different?). Good organization to be involved with as well.
Ghost

Mini Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 03:38:53 PM »

I have just seen the clip on DM. You can see the line between the buttocks from the back. Double ewwww!
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 03:46:54 PM »

IMO, there is a difference between embracing your curves and wearing something overly tight.  But that's just me.  Perhaps wearing clothes where your butt cheeks can be mapped via survey is the in thing now and very game changing.  

I also loved her slipping in how she's been visiting for a while now.  Utterly irrelevant but necessary when one is a virtue signaler.  How will people know you're amazing unless you tell them. /s

A true humanitarian wouldn't feel the need to brag about how invested she is.  But then Imelda isn't a humanitarian and never has been.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:55:34 PM by freethespoon » Logged

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 03:51:50 PM »

Totally...if you're going to do the tight look wear the correct size...and a slip to prevent cracks and VPLs...you want the dress to glide not cling...a very subtle but important difference.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: