Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex- News and Events  (Read 33044 times)
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2019, 03:42:26 AM »

Sadly that's the vibe I get. Maybe not even intentionally, but part of it is Harry being her white knight since day 1 protecting her and playing on that would be so easy to do.
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2019, 04:07:39 AM »

Itís funny she doesnít find it sus that she had to marry into the kind of life she always wanted. The people that she calls ďfriendsĒ now would not have paid her attention 8 months ago.

Thatís why I really believe Haz can do what he wants. Iím surprised he is letting her run everything.

She is the one that may lose all this. He will still have it. Sure she will have something if things resort to divorce but doesnít the novelty of bragging that youíre a duchess wears off?
Yvonne

Mini Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2019, 04:11:34 AM »

Itís funny she doesnít find it sus that she had to marry into the kind of life she always wanted. The people that she calls ďfriendsĒ now would not have paid her attention 8 months ago.

Thatís why I really believe Haz can do what he wants. Iím surprised he is letting her run everything.

She is the one that may lose all this. He will still have it. Sure she will have something if things resort to divorce but doesnít the novelty of bragging that youíre a duchess wears off?

agree with this! someone made a similar point on anonymoushouseplant tumblr (I think) the other day saying that she is nothing and will be nothing without him. she doesn't have an incentive to leave him.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2019, 04:21:19 AM »

Yeah, I donít think sheíll leave
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2019, 04:25:12 AM »

For Harry's Uncle Andrew's former wife, it's still brag-worthy after 22 years.    It might be different if there are no children of the marriage, but once there is a child, the former duchess has a lifelong connection to the duke's family and as long as she doesn't remarry she has the surname "Duchess of (whatever)" for the rest of her life.

I hope there will be no divorce for Harry and Meghan though.  I hope they will be happy together and will raise happy, well-adjusted children.  Harry's parents' divorce damaged Harry and his brother and their relationship with their father, and I think the Wales boys will both try to ensure their children do not suffer in the same way. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:31:10 AM by Margaret » Logged
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2019, 04:25:28 AM »

If he ever wakes up and realizes who she really is, she may not have a choice.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2019, 04:38:41 AM »

If he ever wakes up and realizes who she really is, she may not have a choice.

Exactly, Lizzie.  And if that ever happens, it'll get really messy.

karma chamelion

Small Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2019, 05:40:06 AM »

Meghan and Harry are going to a premiere next Wednesday after Meghan visits Mayhew earlier that day:

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the premiere of @Cirque du Soleilís Totem in support of @Sentebale, at the @RoyalAlbertHall on Wednesday 16th January.

The evening will raise awareness and funds for Sentebaleís work with children and young people affected by HIV. (from KP twitter)

Also,

Welcome to Harry and Meghan's OTHER royal love nest
It's easy to understand why Prince Harry and his wife Meghan (left) fell in love with a charming four-bedroom farmhouse tucked away down a lane in an Oxfordshire hamlet on Britain's glitziest country estate. The pair spent last summer retreating from their normal world in the quintessentially English village of Great Tew (bottom right) which boasts pretty thatched cottages. Meghan had previously invited a whole host of celebrity friends to the area and had previously been pictured with Millie Mackintosh

https://www.dailymail.co....hans-royal-love-nest.html

Oh great, Imelda and friends will overrun this quiet, historical village. L'Hameau de la Reine for Meghan Antoinette Snare

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2019, 04:48:29 PM »

Yea, Iím pretty sure thatís why Sarah (sorry Maria if itís ot) never remarried so she can be a duchess for all eternity.

I think if she does divorce Haz she will just marry a billionaire or millionaire but I really donít see them divorcing as soon as ppl think.

So no worries Sussex fans. Smiley
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2019, 05:13:27 PM »

I have absolutely no sympathy for Meghan if she is finding it difficult. She only has to look at previous examples of intense public scrutiny to know it's not an easy job.
Yet, in all honesty, I think she's fine with public scrutiny. After the Oceania tour, she was massively criticised for the cost of her wardrobe, yet just a few days ago she spends several thousand pounds on a coat that's downright ugly. I don't think she's in it for the money, purely the title and fame, so I think she'll stay married as long as she can, to keep that fame coming in. If she does end up being divorced, I could totally see her leaking things to press to gain more attention for herself. She thrives on attention, and to hell with everything else. I sincerely hope (but very much doubt) that motherhood changes her, or else the poor child will be a media and a marriage pawn.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2019, 05:48:45 PM »

^ This.

If she had ANY self-reflection, she'd think about the reasons for the "press attacks" ... and if there might be some truth behind.
Then she would maybe change the criticised behaviour.

The fact that she does not (to the contrary, she kept wasting MORE money) is - for me - just another proof that any press, no matter whether negative or positive, leaves her totally unimpressed (or encourages her even!).
It's her personal take on "Stay calm and carry on", she seems totally convinced that she simply can't do wrong.
PrincessOdette

Micro Member

stay classy and sassy, my friends

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2019, 05:56:44 PM »

Sheís made it very clear that she doesnít care about her spending or anyone other than herself. Hopefully motherhood will change her and the child wonít be a mere prop. If playing the humanitarian doesnít work for her, then sheíll go back to playing the victim
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2019, 06:24:53 PM »

For Harry's Uncle Andrew's former wife, it's still brag-worthy after 22 years.    It might be different if there are no children of the marriage, but once there is a child, the former duchess has a lifelong connection to the duke's family and as long as she doesn't remarry she has the surname "Duchess of (whatever)" for the rest of her life.

I hope there will be no divorce for Harry and Meghan though.  I hope they will be happy together and will raise happy, well-adjusted children.  Harry's parents' divorce damaged Harry and his brother and their relationship with their father, and I think the Wales boys will both try to ensure their children do not suffer in the same way. 

I would argue that while Fergie uses her connections, she is 1) laughed at, and the media uses her as the punchline for jokes,  and 2) Harry is much more popular and the press would not dare make his ex the victim for fear of losing access to Harry.

Many of the British set will drop her if they divorce because the royal connection is Harry. Amal and the Beckhams aren't going to be happy with an HRH-less Duchess when they could have a Prince,  and SWWNBN's son on speed dial.
Yvonne

Mini Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2019, 07:16:24 PM »

I would argue that while Fergie uses her connections, she is 1) laughed at, and the media uses her as the punchline for jokes,  and 2) Harry is much more popular and the press would not dare make his ex the victim for fear of losing access to Harry.

Many of the British set will drop her if they divorce because the royal connection is Harry. Amal and the Beckhams aren't going to be happy with an HRH-less Duchess when they could have a Prince,  and SWWNBN's son on speed dial.

Iíve read some accounts saying that Andrew was more popular than harry is now but his wife still got to be laughed at, criticised, and made fun of. Not sure how true the story of his popularity is though
karma chamelion

Small Member

Henry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »

Iíve read some accounts saying that Andrew was more popular than harry is now but his wife still got to be laughed at, criticised, and made fun of. Not sure how true the story of his popularity is though

Nah, Andrew has never been very popular. He was seen as an arrogant twit and had a hate/hate relationship with the press. Didn't he spray them with a seltzer bottle at one point?

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: