Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Philip & Sofia - News & Events 2019  (Read 110172 times)
Lemon drizzle
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: December 25, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »

Pity the BRF don't take a leaf out of the Swedish King's book
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: December 25, 2019, 10:36:55 PM »

Aren't they just provoking a public outcry how much they are needed and make a last minute decision to stay because all the people wanted them to stay? I see something like that happening. No way they are going to leave Sweden and leave all the media attention behind.

I'd say so too. Surely they want people to cry out about how much they're needed.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: December 25, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »

1. Sofia worked hard to snap herself the prince and become the princess. No way she would give it all away without screaming and kicking!!
2. No one want to hire these two outside of Sweden. Its not like they are some financial, computer or some other wiz everyone want to hire.
3. Sofia enjoys limelight too much to dissapear away somewhere to anonymity and be just a housewife.
4. CP appear to enjoy more stable life, so why start over now, in his 40s?

So I quite doubt CP&S will go away anywhere from Sweden, except for some short trip or family holiday.

It was probably said to show that they MAY go away and perhaps talk out some more engagements and money for themselves  Roll Eyes

Star

She'll never leave Sweden, not willingly.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: December 25, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »

What I need now is for someone to call their bluff.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: December 26, 2019, 04:05:25 AM »

I'm all for families moving abroad if they so wish, though it makes me sad for the family left behind. For example it's really clear that Vic and Silvia miss Madde now she's in Florida, and they miss out on the kids' development.

I know not everyone has a close family, but I can't understand why a young family would choose to move abroad if its not for career or forced reasons. I lost my grandparents at a very young age and I wish I had been born earlier to know them. If the gruesome twosome are planning to leave Sweden, do they realise that their kids' bonds with grandparents aunties, uncles and cousins will be affected? I understand and support why madde left Sweden, but cp and sofia to do it just makes them look like copycats/attention seekers/trying to get the most out of taxpayers money/a protest to cg for him stripping the hrh's from Alex and gabe. It doesn't make much logical or purposeful sense.
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: December 26, 2019, 04:21:37 AM »

I donít feel like these two will uproot their family and move out of Sweden. They are still feeling the sting of their demotion and acting out. CP&Sofias situation is very different to Maddes. If Sofiaís family was from another country I could possibly see them moving but their entire support system on both sides are in Sweden. CG isnít going to lose his golden child and Snakey is very close to her family of origin. They arenít moving anywhere.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: December 26, 2019, 11:14:00 AM »

I donít feel like these two will uproot their family and move out of Sweden. They are still feeling the sting of their demotion and acting out. CP&Sofias situation is very different to Maddes. If Sofiaís family was from another country I could possibly see them moving but their entire support system on both sides are in Sweden. CG isnít going to lose his golden child and Snakey is very close to her family of origin. They arenít moving anywhere.

CP is like Haznot ... once they were no longer spares they became 2nd string ... but neither of them are equipped to do anything so they might moan but they need the family money and houses and fake work to fill in their time...
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: December 26, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »

Can you imagine if the Snake actually moved close to Madeleine in Florida? I would freak out if I were Mad. I'm glad to hear that you all don't think she'll leave Sweden. That would be some super stalker SWF stuff.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: December 26, 2019, 04:21:39 PM »

So i'm totally on team crying wolf but...I could see them moving to Villa Mirage full time as I feel like I've seen rumors that CG plans to leave it to CP anyway.

I'm curious about CP and Sofia's finances and assets.  Could they truly afford to go full independant like Maddie and Chris have done?  In either real people terms or in royal terms.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: December 26, 2019, 05:04:48 PM »

I'm guessing we will see some clever financial shenanigans in the royal house's books over the coming years.  Look for strange expense lines or one-off expenditures. 

These two don't seem to possess any commercial skills that can keep them in the lifestyle the taxpayer currently affords them.

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Sondra Finchley

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: December 26, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »

Also - aren't quite a few of her family members profiting from their association with her through all those creative enterprises If they leave Sweden that all comes to a stop. What are they going to find outside of Sweden in terms of education anyway? These two are really stuck in the middle, but they can still be working royals for the time being and draw appanage, so why the massive rush out of the country, which would just prove they aren't really that needed?

There is no way these two can afford the life that Chris affords Madde, and I wonder how much that burns Hoefia - hence all the leaks about his failing business and marriage.  Roll Eyes

Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: December 26, 2019, 06:29:10 PM »

Also - aren't quite a few of her family members profiting from their association with her through all those creative enterprises If they leave Sweden that all comes to a stop. What are they going to find outside of Sweden in terms of education anyway? These two are really stuck in the middle, but they can still be working royals for the time being and draw appanage, so why the massive rush out of the country, which would just prove they aren't really that needed?

There is no way these two can afford the life that Chris affords Madde, and I wonder how much that burns Hoefia - hence all the leaks about his failing business and marriage.  Roll Eyes

I was thinking about some reports over the years of her establishing some companies with friends and the family so they perhaps have some sort of income from those?

I hope they will move somewhere and will stop being public figures. None of them is a good role model for anyone.
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: December 26, 2019, 11:54:14 PM »

I doubt whether CP and Sof will leave Sweden for good as they are very much entrenched in Sweden and Sweden is their home.

I could however, see them spending the school year away and returning for summers on Oland. For better or worse, CP and Sof have a very limited royal future and Alex and Gabe have no royal future. Iíd leave too, for the anonymity and a place to start over.

Plus, for what itís worth, IMO, Sofia hasnít looked all that pleased or even happy in her royal role for over a year. I honestly think sheís somewhat over being a royal.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: December 27, 2019, 01:04:42 AM »

I doubt whether CP and Sof will leave Sweden for good as they are very much entrenched in Sweden and Sweden is their home.

I could however, see them spending the school year away and returning for summers on Oland. For better or worse, CP and Sof have a very limited royal future and Alex and Gabe have no royal future. Iíd leave too, for the anonymity and a place to start over.

Plus, for what itís worth, IMO, Sofia hasnít looked all that pleased or even happy in her royal role for over a year. I honestly think sheís somewhat over being a royal.

No one in this family has looked happy all year. Lord knows what the reason has been, but maybe a move by the Ssssís will help.

karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: December 27, 2019, 02:09:27 AM »

I doubt they will move away, too. They just had Villa Solbacken refurbished and they have a bolthole in SA when they need it. This was just a way to get attention, unfortunately.

I think it may be wishful thinking to think she's tired of being a royal. She loves every split second of it, she lives for it. She's playing her martyred saint Sofia act is all, but it's so hard for her to act virtuous I think that's where the strain comes from if there is any.

Maybe as the boys get older (how I hope they are done having kids) they'll finally tire of it and go off to live permanently somewhere, but I'm afraid Sweden is stuck with them for now.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: