Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Franz-Joseph and Sisi  (Read 36303 times)
Gemsheal

Small Member

United States United States

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2020, 08:56:07 PM »

How well did Crown Prince Rudolph get along with his paternal grandfather Archduke Francis Charles?

They practically had no real contact. He and his sister Gisela though loved their grandmother Sophie and were devasted by her death.

Rudolf didn't have much people he truly felt at ease with. One was his grandmother (died in 1872), the other was his elder sister (married in 1873)...his mother was practically always absent and his father was a total different character. So his was more or less left alone at a young age.

Did he not also have an abusive tutor for a period of time, that was finally removed at the insistence of Elisabeth (probably the only time she intervened in Rudolf's life)?   I think I remember reading that.  Carol II of Roumania also had an abusive tutor who was only removed from his life too late.         

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2020, 09:03:38 PM »

How well did Crown Prince Rudolph get along with his paternal grandfather Archduke Francis Charles?

They practically had no real contact. He and his sister Gisela though loved their grandmother Sophie and were devasted by her death.

Rudolf didn't have much people he truly felt at ease with. One was his grandmother (died in 1872), the other was his elder sister (married in 1873)...his mother was practically always absent and his father was a total different character. So his was more or less left alone at a young age.

Did he not also have an abusive tutor for a period of time, that was finally removed at the insistence of Elisabeth (probably the only time she intervened in Rudolf's life)?   I think I remember reading that.  Carol II of Roumania also had an abusive tutor who was only removed from his life too late.         

Yes, his name was Gondrecourt. He forced little Rudolf out in the gardens telling him that a wild boar is after him and such things. Somewhere during the 60ies Elisabeth put a stop to it.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: June 24, 2020, 10:18:18 PM »

I guess he did not fit what Franz-Joseph expected of an heir - so he had a father who disapproved of him and his personality and a mom who only showed indifference if she was ever there. Poor man.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2020, 07:26:55 PM »

How well did Crown Prince Rudolph get along with his maternal grandparents?
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2020, 11:33:42 AM »

There's not much account on this, so it's to tell. I doubt he had much contact with them either.

He loved however spending time with his sister Gisela and her husband Leopold.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2020, 02:59:06 AM »

There's not much account on this, so it's to tell. I doubt he had much contact with them either.

Thank goodness Rudolph had some nice relatives to spend time with. If only he and Crown Princess Stephanie had had a few sons. If only he had lived and there was no Mayerling.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2020, 08:57:33 AM »

Thank goodness Rudolph had some nice relatives to spend time with. If only he and Crown Princess Stephanie had had a few sons. If only he had lived and there was no Mayerling.

The what if's.....

You can also go a generation before, what if FJ had married Helene instead of Elisabeth?
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »

TBH if Sisi was alive today, we would have a lot to dish on. She is nice to look at, but she was a self-centered person.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2020, 02:45:48 AM »

TBH if Sisi was alive today, we would have a lot to dish on. She is nice to look at, but she was a self-centered person.

Please define TBH.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2020, 05:32:32 AM »

Please define TBH.

to be honest
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2020, 02:21:29 AM »

Emperor Franz Joseph and Empress Elisabeth with their family and some grandchildren, circa 1888   
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/143112634
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: October 22, 2020, 01:02:10 AM »

Empress Elisabeth in Venice in 1855 
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/344173596523784281
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2020, 12:34:47 AM »

The palace officially announced the betrothal of Franz Joseph and Elisabeth five days after their meeting. Do you consider this too soon to announce an engagement?
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: November 15, 2020, 11:59:19 PM »

Empress Elisabeth of Austria at 38 was dubbed the 'loveliest woman in Europe'.     
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/36521446956840756
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: