Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2019  (Read 54781 times)
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2019, 05:41:59 PM »

Also if the museum is a historic building with an old or original floor, heels can do a lot of damage to it.

True. But she could've/should've worn normal ballerinas. They're flat too and don't look out of place.

Wearing snickers to skirts or pretty dresses screams fashion faux pas to me (as does wearing sandals with socks).
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »

Also if the museum is a historic building with an old or original floor, heels can do a lot of damage to it.

True. But she could've/should've worn normal ballerinas. They're flat too and don't look out of place.

Wearing snickers to skirts or pretty dresses screams fashion faux pas to me (as does wearing sandals with socks).
It's a fashion faux but I assure you, from personal experience, ballerinas wouldn't be stable enough for this ground. I notice the other ladies were flat shoes but maybe Vic wanted to be more comfortable.

Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2019, 07:34:35 PM »

It's a fashion faux but I assure you, from personal experience, ballerinas wouldn't be stable enough for this ground. I notice the other ladies were flat shoes but maybe Vic wanted to be more comfortable.

This might've been an alternative then? Or sonething else to wear - I wouldn't mind trousers/jeans with sneakers f.e.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: May 03, 2019, 07:32:46 AM »

Please, please stay away from H&M. They have mostly poor quality and bad cuts. It doesn't look good that the crown princess promote this brand so much. Talking about this outfit ... I'd say that the only good thing about this skirt are the colors. But the pattern is a mess. Wide skirt makes her hips look super wide. It also gives her a belly. Her blouse has wavy, unsightly seams. And those ugly snickers   Sweating  Nono There are beautiful and super comfortable flat shoes available out there! I liked her sunglasses and her hair from the back.
Well, lets hope her fashion choice for Vietnam will be better!!!
onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: May 03, 2019, 07:06:38 PM »

This might've been an alternative then? Or sonething else to wear - I wouldn't mind trousers/jeans with sneakers f.e.

She was probably been told that the fround there is slippery so maybe she/her team thought that sneakers were a good choice, maybe they thought that it was more slippery than it is.

Eliza B

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: May 03, 2019, 08:39:27 PM »

She was probably been told that the fround there is slippery so maybe she/her team thought that sneakers were a good choice, maybe they thought that it was more slippery than it is.

The museum is fairly new so it's not the floors.  But it looks like they did a little acropolis area walk which has sections of worn down marble and can be slippery, as well as uneven sections and earth. She no fuss so i imagine walking/hiking = sneakers for her.  And only changed in the car to the new event,  not hold up the team with a shoe change. 
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2019, 07:14:28 PM »

Victoria has five province walks/hikes left

May 17 - Jämtland

May 22 - Södermanland

May 29 - Medelpad

June 7 - Gästrikland

June 12 - Dalarna

https://www.kungahuset.se...9717416a59efc50364ba.html

H.R.H. The Crown Princess hikes in Jämtland
The Crown Princess's twenty-first hike in Sweden's provinces takes place on Friday 17 May in Jämtland.
The Crown Princess's hike in Jämtland begins at the sports field in Östersund where IFK Östersund's parafootball tells about their activities and plays a training match. Then the hike starts at Andersön by Andersö fortlet and ends at Trefotsudden. During the hike, the Crown Princess and fellow hikers receive information about the cultural environment Kvarnbacken, Storsjöbygden's cultivation landscape, Storsjön's waters, Sjöräddningen (Sea Rescue) and the Scouts.
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2019, 09:03:19 PM »

Please, please stay away from H&M. They have mostly poor quality and bad cuts. It doesn't look good that the crown princess promote this brand so much. Talking about this outfit ... I'd say that the only good thing about this skirt are the colors. But the pattern is a mess. Wide skirt makes her hips look super wide. It also gives her a belly. Her blouse has wavy, unsightly seams. And those ugly snickers   Sweating  Nono There are beautiful and super comfortable flat shoes available out there! I liked her sunglasses and her hair from the back.

I always assumed Vic wore a lot of H&M as its a Swedish brand and so she is promoting Swedish business.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2019, 09:57:54 PM »

Please, please stay away from H&M. They have mostly poor quality and bad cuts. It doesn't look good that the crown princess promote this brand so much. Talking about this outfit ... I'd say that the only good thing about this skirt are the colors. But the pattern is a mess. Wide skirt makes her hips look super wide. It also gives her a belly. Her blouse has wavy, unsightly seams. And those ugly snickers   Sweating  Nono There are beautiful and super comfortable flat shoes available out there! I liked her sunglasses and her hair from the back.

I always assumed Vic wore a lot of H&M as its a Swedish brand and so she is promoting Swedish business.

I suspect that her friendship with the CEO of H&M, Johan Persson, also has something to do with it. Victoria has been friends with Johan and his wife Leonie for decades and is also a godmother to their daughter.

If she wanted to promote Swedish business, there are plenty of other lesser known (and higher quality!) brands she could wear.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2019, 08:40:17 AM »

Found pretty interesting overview of the outfits, shoes and accessories Victoria wore during their 3-day tour to Vietnam.

http://theroyalsandi.com/...-of-royal-tour-of-vietnam
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2019, 08:12:15 PM »

Found pretty interesting overview of the outfits, shoes and accessories Victoria wore during their 3-day tour to Vietnam.

Looks like she had "floral + midi/maxi dress" filter enabled at farfetch.com and just bought the first 6 to appear in a row ...

Too many same same flowers, imho.

The shoes are astonishingly affordable, though.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2019, 01:21:19 PM »

Victoria attended the meeting of Crown Princess Margareta's Veteran Reserve Foundation and delivered the medals.

Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2019, 01:45:57 PM »

Looks like she had "floral + midi/maxi dress" filter enabled at farfetch.com and just bought the first 6 to appear in a row ...

Yep, it seemed to be the case...  Snare
...and ta-ta, the floral theme continues when we look at her outfit she wore today. Okay, its recycled but its again floral, teamed with tight bun... Crazy
Personally I think these floral granny dresses look silly at official events.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2019, 12:18:10 PM »

The walk in Jämtland has started

kpzra

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2019, 05:37:08 PM »

Yep, it seemed to be the case...  Snare
...and ta-ta, the floral theme continues when we look at her outfit she wore today. Okay, its recycled but its again floral, teamed with tight bun... Crazy
Personally I think these floral granny dresses look silly at official events.

I liked the yellow one she wore when she and Daniel had a night out, to me that was fine. However floral just says sundress to me and not official function. I think bigger floral patterns work fine but not the small ones. Too casual imo. 
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: