Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2019  (Read 85096 times)
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2019, 05:08:39 PM »

She is lovely and will make a great Queen someday!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2019, 07:00:08 PM »

Victoria also made a visit to MindSverige, an organisation that are working to help people with mental illnesses.

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2019, 08:19:34 PM »

Sorry will say it now, even if it may be an unpopular opinion these days: I hate women dressing like men and vise versa. Victoria looks good yes and the color suits her, but I've a special hatred against these pantsuits, because most the time I feel like they're only worn, because women feel like they to be like men to be successful. Sorry was a bit OT.

If you're a beautiful woman (which Victoria undoubtedly is) why hide your beauty behind some clothes?
lizzie78

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2019, 05:07:36 PM »

I think that's a lovely suit. She looks polished and professional to me.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2019, 07:04:55 PM »

I think women wear pantsuits for the same reason men do: it's a business uniform. Wearing a well cut suit in black/grey/navy/brown with a simple shirt/blouse spares your business partner any distraction.
The immediate perception/impression is: "business as usual - all good - we can concentrate on the topic".

So from that point of view, good choice.

From Vics point of view NOT a good choice is the double breasted blazers she obviously likes, as she wears them often. Their usual cut (plunging lapel, low sitting buttons) is not good for her body type, especially not when she wears a ruffled or bowed blouse - her waist looks much wider than it really is.
A well fitted single-breasted jacket with 3 or 4 buttons would suit her much better.

Same with the trousers: 7/8 cigarette pants look better with pumps. If you wanna wear booties, have a wider leg / longer leg / Marlene pants.

That said, I like the dark green color, but the suit in total is absolutely not the right one for her.
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2019, 07:21:56 PM »

Love the cut and the color of that suit on her. Not sure about the length of the pants.  
Something different would have suited her far better.Or, as Kaiserin says, different shoes.
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2019, 08:55:49 PM »

I think women wear pantsuits for the same reason men do: it's a business uniform. Wearing a well cut suit in black/grey/navy/brown with a simple shirt/blouse spares your business partner any distraction.
The immediate perception/impression is: "business as usual - all good - we can concentrate on the topic".

So from that point of view, good choice.

From Vics point of view NOT a good choice is the double breasted blazers she obviously likes, as she wears them often. Their usual cut (plunging lapel, low sitting buttons) is not good for her body type, especially not when she wears a ruffled or bowed blouse - her waist looks much wider than it really is.
A well fitted single-breasted jacket with 3 or 4 buttons would suit her much better.

Same with the trousers: 7/8 cigarette pants look better with pumps. If you wanna wear booties, have a wider leg / longer leg / Marlene pants.

That said, I like the dark green color, but the suit in total is absolutely not the right one for her.

I completely understand why it's worn and I agree with everything you sad.

Still I find it sad that women have to dress/be like men to make a carrier. I much more prefer seeing women in nice dresses than un those boring black suits.

And just for the record: I regularly wear jeans too.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 09:01:00 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2019, 09:50:14 PM »

I think it depends on the industry you work in, not so much on what gender you have.
Certain industries have certain dress codes. Bankers, lawyers and anyone working in the classic DAX noted companies in Germany (especially sales and procurement) just knows: classic suit, shirt, no experiments, no individualism - anything else is generally frowned upon.

On the contrary, e.g. in engineering departments, the combo of cords with a knitted sweater and patterned shirt underneath is perfectly fine, women can wear whatever they want, as long as they get their detail engineering and process layout right. Same goes for bookkeeping department, while in Controlling, suits again.

In marketing / PR / press, even men go full color the Italian way, and women dress either right out of fashion magazines or just practical.

Despite working in plant engineering and chemical industry my whole work life, I do mostly dress how I feel - casual on days with no customer contact (and not necessarily only on 'casual fridays') if I don't feel dressing up, bold patterned dresses, fitted dresses, mini and midi dresses if I am in the mood for them, and full 'career mode' (= shiftdress with blazer, pumps) if I want to.
Yes, I have some pantsuits as well, but they are not 'classic', but all with a twist.
During my whole career, I never felt as if I had to copy men to be accepted or to get forward?
But I instinctly knew that there were meetings where the classic route would just be perceived as more appropriate, and for those special meetings, I pull(ed) the BOSS clothes.

That said, my own experience is that, contrary to 20 years ago, nowadays clothes don't matter as much as they used to do, the focus is more on what you say, know and do - irrespective of gender. At least in my company & business (my company is in a role model position here - it's, in general, still a male-dominated business, but we have a > 50% female percentage of employees).
But still, there are places where the first impression counts (before you even had the chance to speak a single word and convince by your knowledge), and then it's good to just 'fit right in' optically so that people can concentrate on the content of your speech instead of contemplating your figure.
This works, by the way, the other way round as well. I do prefer my business partners in suits. Most men look OK in a classic suit. I don't like them to wear jeans and white shirt only (especially when they are fat), or a coloured chino, funny socks and strange patterned shirts (> because my first thought when I see a man wearing funny socks with ducks or the like is: so you're wearing duck socks ... do you also wear duck undies?).

Sorry for the OT, I guess what I wanted to say is that some 'conventions' have their good reason.

To draw the bridge back to royal clothes / Vic clothes: that's the reason why we often say "this royal dressed appropriate for the occasion " (or not): because there are some general expectations of what to wear when and for what. And these expectations might sometimes be old fashioned, but they still have a "raison d'être". And they change very slowly.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2019, 05:14:36 PM »

https://www.kungahuset.se...4fd3b169d894aad312c5.html

H.R.H. The Crown Princess hikes in Halland
The Crown Princess's nineteenth hike through Sweden's provinces takes place on Friday 12 April in Halland.
The Crown Princess's hike in Halland will take place at Prince Bertil's path in Halmstad municipality. The hike starts at Jansabryggan in Stenhuggeriet and goes via Grötvik's harbor and Sandhamn to Svärjarehålan for a lunch break. Then the hike continues along the path to Tylösand and ends in Möllegård.
During the hike, information is given about the nature along the Prince Bertil's path, the fishing in Halland, the marine environment and the fauna of the Halland coast and the nature reserve. The challenges of beach erosion at the coast and the open sand environments that are valuable for biodiversity will also be highlighted during the hike.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2019, 12:13:04 PM »

Victoria gave an audience to Director-General of WHO, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2019, 02:56:02 PM »

Today Victoria inaugurated the new Baltic Sea Science Center at the Skansen open air museum in Stockholm

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: April 11, 2019, 03:05:04 PM »

Since when banana clips are appropriate for work hours, especially when said work has some kind of dress code?
Disappointed.

thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: April 11, 2019, 06:18:00 PM »

Since when banana clips are appropriate for work hours, especially when said work has some kind of dress code?
Disappointed.

I had the same thought. I wear them around the house and such but would never wear it to work. Just feels too informal.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »

Enough of the seventies leisure suits, Victoria!

Currently visualizing my highest self
Lurker

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2019, 07:19:37 PM »

Enough of the seventies leisure suits, Victoria!

She needs to lose the dowdy old lady bow blouses, too.  I used to think Mette Marit was the biggest royal fashion victim, but Victoria's giving her some stiff competition.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: