Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Death of Sultan Qaboos of Oman,10 January 2020  (Read 3043 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 06:54:39 PM »

Official condolences
Charles

CP of Abu Dhabi

King Abdullah

Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 10:20:35 PM »

Why do they go and do their condolences in person? Is that common? Did Charles also go to Thailand when the king died?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 10:24:02 PM »

Why do they go and do their condolences in person? Is that common? Did Charles also go to Thailand when the king died?
Only to offer condolences to the country for the new king.And that was probably deemed too dangerous  Halo

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 09:55:56 AM »

https://www.nu.nl/buitenl...eancebezoek-aan-oman.html

Dutch article of January 12, rhoughly translated as:

King Willem-Alexander pays condolences (visit) to Oman

King Willem-Alexander and Dutch Foreign Minister Stef Blok will pay a visit to Oman on Sunday to express sympathy after the death of Sultan Qaboos Bin Said last Friday. The 79-year-old Qaboos was on the throne of the oil state for almost half a century.

The sultan was unmarried and had no children. He is succeeded by his cousin Haitham Bin Tareq Al Saeed (65). He will receive world leaders from Sunday in the royal palace in the capital Muscat during three days of national mourning.

According to Islamic custom, the funeral of Qaboos already took place on Friday. His funeral procession took place in Muscat, followed by a ceremony in the great mosque of the city named after him. Qaboos was later buried in the family cemetery.

State media did not report the cause of death of the sultan, but it was known that he was being treated for colon cancer in Belgium.

Qaboos was one of the longest-ruling leaders in the Middle East. He led the country since an almost non-violent coup against his own father in 1970, assisted by the former colonial ruler, the United Kingdom.

Qaboos did a diplomatic balancing act

The sultan is regarded as the father of the modern Omani state and for decades managed to maintain a diplomatic balance between his country and two neighboring countries that are engaged in a bitter struggle for power: Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Qaboos had billions in oil profits invested in the infrastructure of Oman and one of the best-trained forces in the region. He created thousands of new jobs in the public sector and benefits for the unemployed - a full quarter of the Omani population. Due to the fall in international oil prices, Oman ended up in serious economic problems in the past decade.

He ruled as an autocratic prince and did not tolerate political opposition in his own country.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 07:11:22 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/buitenl...eancebezoek-aan-oman.html

Dutch article of January 12, rhoughly translated as:

King Willem-Alexander pays condolences (visit) to Oman

King Willem-Alexander and Dutch Foreign Minister Stef Blok will pay a visit to Oman on Sunday to express sympathy after the death of Sultan Qaboos Bin Said last Friday. The 79-year-old Qaboos was on the throne of the oil state for almost half a century.

The sultan was unmarried and had no children. He is succeeded by his cousin Haitham Bin Tareq Al Saeed (65). He will receive world leaders from Sunday in the royal palace in the capital Muscat during three days of national mourning.

According to Islamic custom, the funeral of Qaboos already took place on Friday. His funeral procession took place in Muscat, followed by a ceremony in the great mosque of the city named after him. Qaboos was later buried in the family cemetery.

State media did not report the cause of death of the sultan, but it was known that he was being treated for colon cancer in Belgium.

Qaboos was one of the longest-ruling leaders in the Middle East. He led the country since an almost non-violent coup against his own father in 1970, assisted by the former colonial ruler, the United Kingdom.

Qaboos did a diplomatic balancing act

The sultan is regarded as the father of the modern Omani state and for decades managed to maintain a diplomatic balance between his country and two neighboring countries that are engaged in a bitter struggle for power: Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Qaboos had billions in oil profits invested in the infrastructure of Oman and one of the best-trained forces in the region. He created thousands of new jobs in the public sector and benefits for the unemployed - a full quarter of the Omani population. Due to the fall in international oil prices, Oman ended up in serious economic problems in the past decade.

He ruled as an autocratic prince and did not tolerate political opposition in his own country.

Very informative Principessa.  Thanks!  Star
lula

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 08:33:10 PM »

King Felipe arrives to Oman

@CasaReal

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 12:01:35 AM »

More Royals visiting Oman to offer condolences 

WA

King of Bahrain

CP of Bahrain

Emir of Koweit

Emir father of Qatar

Sheikh Mo

Moulay Rachid of Morocco

King Felipe

luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 12:04:52 AM »

Andrew went to the King of Thailand's funeral and signed the condolence book in London the year before when he died.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 12:12:46 AM »

My guess beacuse there was no official big fenural for the late Monarch
The funeral was quick and modest, royals and presidents and leaders hadn't time to attend and pay their respect so i guess going personnally to offer their condolences is a way to pay respect for the late Sulatan

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 01:19:28 AM »

I noticed that it was all men. Is there anything keeping women away from this particular event?  I was just wondering  because there is a new generation of female monarchs coming up soon.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 02:39:19 PM »

I noticed that it was all men. Is there anything keeping women away from this particular event?  I was just wondering  because there is a new generation of female monarchs coming up soon.

This isn't Europe. 

I do wonder how these gentlemen can sit comfortably with those daggers at their waists --carefully positioned?
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 09:22:45 PM »

I noticed that it was all men. Is there anything keeping women away from this particular event?  I was just wondering  because there is a new generation of female monarchs coming up soon.

For now the majority of monarchs,presidents,leaders are men so the view at the Oman condolences event is  rather normal..i know the Gulf and the ME communities are dominated usually by males but i am sure females leaders are always welcomed with the honor they deserve,QEII and Queen Beatrice previous visits to this part of the world are good example

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 02:14:47 AM »

I noticed that it was all men. Is there anything keeping women away from this particular event?  I was just wondering  because there is a new generation of female monarchs coming up soon.

For now the majority of monarchs,presidents,leaders are men so the view at the Oman condolences event is  rather normal..i know the Gulf and the ME communities are dominated usually by males but i am sure females leaders are always welcomed with the honor they deserve,QEII and Queen Beatrice previous visits to this part of the world are good example

Thank you, Rita, for that sincere and thoughtful answer.   Star
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 08:36:54 PM »

Thank you, Rita, for that sincere and thoughtful answer.   Star
Hug

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: