Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Rania of Jordan 2019: News and Photos  (Read 24083 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2019, 07:16:58 PM »

Emina Erdogan and her husband are big big big hypocrite just like Rania talking about women empowering but still women if they are muslim under 35 can't travel to Jordan  with Male compagnon  Clown

And you arr welcome Getafix  Star

I hope I can asked this here as I certainly don't want to start a political discussion: I noticed in the pictures that most women Rania visits are wearing headscarves, while she doesn't. What is the general attitude/opinion concerning this matter? Is it allowed to wear them in the job/University etc.? I know had them banned in Turkey for University etc, but under Erdogan that seems to be shifting to the other direction now.

I assume there're differences in Jordan too between the big cities like Amman and the country side. Again would love to hear more. But I don't want to be OT.
Jordan is a bit ot let's say very conservative country the majority of women are wearing headcover and unlike other muslim country wearing headcover is natural everywhere for all kind of job(very normal to see policewoman with headcover in Jordan unlike for example in Morocco or Tunisia wich is against the police policy) and certainly all girls in uni can wear their scarfs without any problem wich i found very good as long as the girls chose to the cover head freely....

Its little different for the RF in Jordan we never saw a princeses wearing hijab almost all the former Queens were like Rania very fashionable and never use the cover head....i hope my explanation is what you are looking for.

Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »

Emina Erdogan and her husband are big big big hypocrite just like Rania talking about women empowering but still women if they are muslim under 35 can't travel to Jordan  with Male compagnon  Clown

And you arr welcome Getafix  Star

I hope I can asked this here as I certainly don't want to start a political discussion: I noticed in the pictures that most women Rania visits are wearing headscarves, while she doesn't. What is the general attitude/opinion concerning this matter? Is it allowed to wear them in the job/University etc.? I know Atatürk had them banned in Turkey for University etc, but under Erdogan that seems to be shifting to the other direction now.

I assume there're differences in Jordan too between the big cities like Amman and the country side. Again would love to hear more. But I don't want to be OT.
Jordan is a bit ot let's say very conservative country the majority of women are wearing headcover and unlike other muslim country wearing headcover is natural everywhere for all kind of job(very normal to see policewoman with headcover in Jordan unlike for example in Morocco or Tunisia wich is against the police policy) and certainly all girls in uni can wear their scarfs without any problem wich i found very good as long as the girls chose to the cover head freely....

Its little different for the RF in Jordan we never saw a princeses wearing hijab almost all the former Queens were like Rania very fashionable and never use the cover head....i hope my explanation is what you are looking for.

It is, thank you very much.  Star
Funny I always pictured Jordan being more like Morocco and not that conservative, but as long as it's by free choice it's perfectly OK.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 08:20:54 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2019, 07:33:21 PM »

I think this is what Rania doing:giving an image wich is not true....alot of ppl get shocked when i told them for example girls in Tunisia or Morocco can get their passport and travel without any problem bu in Jordan there is alot of rules (get the agree from the parents the husband a male famiky in general)
There was a story lately of a Moroccan girl that almost been a scandal in Morocco she was denied a visa to Jordan because she is under 35 and she should be acompaigned by a male from her family ( mahram) although the young women is high official of UN and was going to participate in conference about women right  Clown
This just why Rania speech about women empowering are all crap like the rest she try to promote

Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »

I think this is what Rania doing:giving an image wich is not true....alot of ppl get shocked when i told them for example girls in Tunisia or Morocco can get their passport and travel without any problem bu in Jordan there is alot of rules (get the agree from the parents the husband a male famiky in general)
There was a story lately of a Moroccan girl that almost been a scandal in Morocco she was denied a visa to Jordan because she is under 35 and she should be acompaigned by a male from her family ( mahram) although the young women is high official of UN and was going to participate in conference about women right  Clown
This just why Rania speech about women empowering are all crap like the rest she try to promote

That's really news to me. I read/heard about that mahram thing from Saudi Arabia, but Jordan is in fact always pictured as a very modern country/society in western newspapers/TV. And yes Rania totally gives the impression to western eyes that Jordan is a modern country. I guess that's also the reason of her never wearing traditonal costumes (like kaftans).

Again I'm very glad to have this board to be able to hear the insight of people living in these regions, like yours. Thumb up
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 08:11:25 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2019, 08:57:22 PM »

I also thought Saudi Arabia is the only country where even foreign women need to bring either husband or brother*), even if they are visiting for business.
Would that apply to all female visitors younger than 35 years or only to those of Muslim countries, Rita?

*) we had that problem in our company. Our head of technical department is a woman, and to travel to Riad to visit our agent there, we needed to buy her elderly husband a ticket, too, so he could go with her, otherwise, the Visa would have been denied, a male colleague travelling with her was not accepted.
Saltypleb

Baby Member

Pakistan Pakistan

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2019, 09:56:51 PM »

I also thought Saudi Arabia is the only country where even foreign women need to bring either husband or brother*), even if they are visiting for business.
Would that apply to all female visitors younger than 35 years or only to those of Muslim countries, Rita?

*) we had that problem in our company. Our head of technical department is a woman, and to travel to Riad to visit our agent there, we needed to buy her elderly husband a ticket, too, so he could go with her, otherwise, the Visa would have been denied, a male colleague travelling with her was not accepted.

It's not true for many Muslim countries. Women can freely travel alone without the assistance of men in many Muslim countries. I know many women who travel alone. 
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2019, 12:04:37 AM »

this is  bit shady because that what made the scandal in Morocco...alot of reports come out claiming that those rules applied on Moroccan and tunisian women only, girls under 35 from these two countries need male compangnon to get visa for Jordan,the Jordanian ambassador in Morocco said no it's not true that only tinisian and Moroccan women are concerned by those rules but to be honest he talked alot without saying anything meanful or gives a direct answeer...the whole story come as shock to me because yes as said Saltypleb many muslim countries don't have strict laws about women traveling the only one with extremist rules are SA but Jordan sound also not tolerate in this area and this is why more and more i have les respect for Rania and her hypocrisy

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2019, 12:10:48 AM »

this is the story i was talking about

Moroccan woman denounces the requirement of a “mahrem” to go to Jordan
The concept of ‘Mahrem’ or ‘male guardian’ is, apparently, not exclusive to Saudi Arabia.  It is the bitter discovery of Mounia Semlali, head of the gender justice program of the NGO Oxfam in Morocco, who launched a real rant, Friday, January 18, on her Facebook account, after applying for a visa to Jordan.
Mounia Semlali, head of the gender justice program of the NGO Oxfam in Morocco, did not think that her visa application for Jordan would have taken such a turn. Yet, the 28-year-old had visited the country twice. Her application for authorization to enter the territory was passed as a letter to the post office …. until the famous day of January 18, 2019.
Indeed, when Mounia Semlali went the embassy of Jordan in Rabat, she learned that her visa application was simply refused. She was confused since she has to travel to Jordan to participate in a training organized by her employer. The reason ? ” To visit Jordan as a Moroccan woman between the ages of 18 and 35, you need to be accompanied by a” mahrem “like Saudi Arabia! , she denounces in a long comment posted on her Facebook account. You can go without “mahrem” if you are invited as part of an activity, but you obviously need an invitation from an institution in Jordan .
http://moroccanladies.com...nt-mahrem-go-jordan-25780

Moroccans Condemn Jordan’s Denial of Visas for Young Moroccan Women
A group of Moroccan activists are condemning discriminatory visa policies in Jordan and Egypt after being denied entrance to the countries.
The mahram (male guardian) law does not seem to be limited only to Saudi Arabia.
In order for Moroccan women between the ages of 18 and 35 to visit Jordan, they need to travel with a mahram. Mounia Semlali, Kamilia Raouyane, and Asmaa Fakhoury all work for Oxfam, an international organization that says it “mobilizes the power of people against poverty.Moroccan human rights activist Ibtissam Lachgar told Morocco World News that she experienced the same treatment in 2012 when she arrived in Jordan at age 37.
After landing, she said that a policeman told her that she could not leave the airport since she did not have a male guardian. The policeman seemed overly concerned that she was Moroccan and did not pay attention to the date of birth on her ID.
“I showed him a letter from the Jordanian Ministry of Interior, but they refused to let me in because I look young,” she said.
http://noozz.com/moroccan...for-young-moroccan-women/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:27:55 AM by Rita » Logged

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2019, 02:18:53 AM »

This surprises me as I thought Jordan was quite liberal.
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2019, 08:20:33 AM »

This surprises me as I thought Jordan was quite liberal.

I think compared to Saudi Arabia, Jordan IS quite liberal.

But compared to other middle eastern countries like Morocco, Jordan is a bit conservative.

Even here in Indonesia (the most populous Muslim-majority country) a lot of Muslim women don't wear headscarves.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Gone Too Soon!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2019, 02:43:04 PM »

Star to Rita and Randy

This has been a really interesting and illuminating discussion and I appreciate both of your inputs.  It has made me look at Rania in a whole new (and not flattering) light.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2019, 04:19:08 PM »

Star  Star Back to you dear anastasia beaverhausen..

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2019, 04:28:00 PM »

April 8, Queen Rania of Jordan inaugurated a new branch of the Zaha Cultural Center during a visit to Al Mafraq governorate. The center currently offers training sessions that aim to meet the needs of the local community and its children between the ages of six and 16. The Queen also met with a number of beneficiaries receiving support from the Royal Hashemite Court (RHC) grant. To date and through the grant scheme, 13 civil society organizations have provided 144 families in Al Mafraq with loans to help them establish their own income-generating projects with practical guidance

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2019, 11:03:37 PM »

April 14, 2019, Queen Rania of Jordan visited Crystel offices in Amman, Jordan. Cyrstel is a business process outsourcing (BPO) provider established by Young Jordanians. Crystel offers its clients a diversified range of outsourcing services including Customer Support, Sales and Marketing, Research and Data Management, Intelligence, Back Office and Training.

Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Iceland Iceland

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2019, 09:17:44 AM »

Because I know you are wondering...

Roksanda belt, £395

Yuzefi Tab Bag, £395

No one cares about the UK horse parade
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print