Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Yrma - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 160425 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:29:59 PM »

January 16
- inaugurating psychiatry's new buildings at Aarhus University Hospital (11:15)
- inaugurating TrygFondens Family House at the Regional Hospital Hammel Neurocenter (13:15)

"The visit of Crown Princess Mary is canceled."

Otherwise, the great dedication of the new psychiatry at Aarhus University Hospital in Skejby was ready.

It is SAS that has been hit by technical problems, and the scheduled flight from Copenhagen to Tirstrup is therefore not in the air with the royal passenger.

After the visit to Skejby, the plan was for the Crown Princess to continue to Hammel.

Here should have dedicated the TrygFondens Family House at Hammel Neurocenter.

But, unfortunately, it also resulted in a cancellation of the Crown Princess who could not arrive in time.

both visits had to be cancelled due to technical problems (?)

Oh, well....

onar

Gigantic Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 08:38:04 PM »

Is it usual for Mary to cancel egnagements?
I hope that was because of technical problems, otherwise I hope all in the family are ok - I cannot imagine any other reason to cancel official engagement.

Curtains

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 02:56:44 PM »

Very interesting!  This, along with Mary being left behind as her husband and MIL travel to South America, makes me wonder just how deep the cracks are in the fairy tale. 

It’s odd indeed that two engagements are interrupted on “technical” matters.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 03:21:15 PM »

Maybe her dad is ill? I can't see her cancelling for a sick kid.  Snare
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 04:04:54 PM »

I would not read too much into that - there was a commercial flight from Copenhagen to Aarhus yesterday which was scheduled to leave at 9.30 and arrive at 10.10h (which would have fitted Mary‘s schedule) but instead left only at 13.21 arriving at 13.54h.
I believe she was booked on that flight which then was delayed due to aircraft problems (which occur quite often).

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 04:28:44 PM »

She could have travelled by car/train (3h distance, less if by train). She would miss the first event but would be in Aarus in time for the second and could do a short visit to University Hospital after that, to compensate missing the opening in the morning. I am pretty sure they would understand and acommodate the schedule for her...

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 06:55:09 PM »

She could have travelled by car/train (3h distance, less if by train). She would miss the first event but would be in Aarus in time for the second and could do a short visit to University Hospital after that, to compensate missing the opening in the morning. I am pretty sure they would understand and acommodate the schedule for her...

Agreed! It's not like she was in DC and trying to fly cross country to California. Very strange. At first I wondered if the RF had a private jet that could have taken care her there, but then it might not have been ready in time to take her there anyway.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 09:15:52 PM »

Poor Madame.  I"m sure she went to a lot of trouble to get some more facial fillers, Botox, and expensive new clothes.  She must be so disappointed to miss out on camera time.

Thoughts and prayers.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »

Americans think little of a 3 hour distance, but Europeans actually consider this quite far. I don't think that anybody truly expected her to drive 6 hours (alltogether) for 2 half hour meetings, that cancelled would certainly not make a difference to anybody.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 11:29:29 PM »

Americans think little of a 3 hour distance, but Europeans actually consider this quite far. I don't think that anybody truly expected her to drive 6 hours (alltogether) for 2 half hour meetings, that cancelled would certainly not make a difference to anybody.

That would be a lot of time even for me, you would have to make the meetings longer to make it worth the drive! 

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 12:05:51 AM »

That would be a lot of time even for me, you would have to make the meetings longer to make it worth the drive! 

Yes, I doubt I would consider a 3 hour drive for anything less than a crucial appointment. This is why God gave us Skype.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »

There are people in NA that commute about 2 hours a day no big deal by car. But we have huge countries where people have to have a car.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »

LOL, is Denmark even big enough  for that?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Henny

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »

Princess Mary's Hell Revealed

https://www.newidea.com.a...ess-mary-children-bullied

Really I don't know what to make of this. Of course we should all do our bit to stop bullying.

But why "Princess Mary's Hell" is it because she hasn't been able to wipe out bullying single handed?? The article states 
The royal house is yet to comment on this claim, but the Tasmanian-born mother of three is well-rehearsed on the subject of bullying and the wellbeing of children through her work in the Mary Foundation.

Thinking Thinking
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 11:21:15 AM »

LOL, is Denmark even big enough  for that?

Yes it is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: