Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Daisy - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 13582 times)
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Yesterday at 02:14:01 PM »

My husband and I have just agreed to spend Christmas in Denmark.  Simply because your PM politely declined our cartoon president’s half-assed “offer”.

See you all there!

(PS - laugh away and please post the memes on this).

(PPS - Daisy must be terribly relieved.)

Thumb up   Star

Would love to go too.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Yesterday at 02:22:34 PM »

If Denmark wants to buy the US, or even just California, sign me up!

Sign me up too!  Universal health care and excellent education system, it's what I dream of  Thumb up

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Royal Me!

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Yesterday at 02:46:07 PM »

If Denmark wants to buy the US, or even just California, sign me up!

Sign me up too!  Universal health care and excellent education system, it's what I dream of  Thumb up

When Cali is a separate country, I'm considered a born citizen!!
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Yesterday at 02:55:30 PM »

My husband and I have just agreed to spend Christmas in Denmark.  Simply because your PM politely declined our cartoon president’s half-assed “offer”.

See you all there!

Thumb up   Star

Would love to go too.

You’re all welcome here Smiley

This situation is, of course, all sorts of absurd and offensive but dear American friends, we Danes know that you are not your President. ❤️

Could anyone from the US please tell me if the average American knows that Greenland is an independant country with a flag, a parliament and it’s own capitol? Kinda like the relationship between the UK and Canada or Australia or Scotland.

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

wannabe Lesbaru driver

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Yesterday at 03:47:55 PM »

I don't think so, no. I could imagine most Americans regardless of affiliation politically, or education, could pinpoint Greenland on a map or even know its relation to Denmark. Our geography education and political education is dreadful for the most part and I went to an excellent high school. It is not a focus.

I knew of Greenland and the situation with Denmark and its ties to Greenland, but I sure learned about it a lot reading here over the years.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Yesterday at 03:59:29 PM »

See you all there!

Thumb up   Star

Would love to go too.

This situation is, of course, all sorts of absurd and offensive but dear American friends, we Danes know that you are not your President. ❤️

Could anyone from the US please tell me if the average American knows that Greenland is an independant country with a flag, a parliament and it’s own capitol? Kinda like the relationship between the UK and Canada or Australia or Scotland.

But put it the other way around how many of us can pinpoint the US states with their capitals? I can give you the 50 states + D.C. in names (even alphabetical), but can only put the well known states in the correct place on a map.

Personally I thought the Dutch got good geographic education, but was painfully surprised. In NL we had a kind of holiday show in which people were ask to indicate on a map they thought they were (f.e. Spain). Or in general where they could find a particular country. Off course such a show will show you mostly the ones who were wrong, but still……..
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Yesterday at 05:03:08 PM »

I hope the Danish PM's reply to Trump emboldens other world leaders to just flat out refuse him. He is really one of the worst human beings alive. He just happens to be American so we have to endure (hopefully not for much longer, whimper).

This is how our piece-of-crap legislators are getting away with so much crap - they have the jester-in-chief distracting everybody with his stupidity so they can turn around and literally take away people's birthright.

I digress. Daisy should continue on with plans for a banquet and/or invite Greenlanders for dinner or donate the money that would have been spent on such a plan. I'm sure it's a drop in the bucket of what's needed in Greenland. What are Greenlanders saying?
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Yesterday at 07:23:22 PM »

See you all there!

Thumb up   Star

Would love to go too.

But put it the other way around how many of us can pinpoint the US states with their capitals? I can give you the 50 states + D.C. in names (even alphabetical), but can only put the well known states in the correct place on a map.

I certainly can’t. I have a vague idea about where most of them probably are but no more than that. I do, however, know that the US isn’t owned by Canada or Mexico or the UK. And that’s the main issue. Greenland isn’t Denmark. We’re sort of like a commonwealth situation (if I understand the Commonwealth correctly). We have ties, sure, but we’re separate countries. Just like we don’t own the Faroe Islands.

And this is something I’d expect a leader of a nation to educate himself on before wanting to discuss something with another nation. This is not real estate, as Trump claimed. Not even close.

Imagine if Trump had said that he wanted to ask Lizy if he could buy Northern Ireland. Or even better: Ireland or Scotland. Or Australia. Um, no you can’t. They’re not for sale and they’re not ours.

Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Yesterday at 07:40:40 PM »

Uh, selling Northern Ireland to a third party non EU nation would instantly solve one of the main Boris problems (no EU/UK land border left then), so don't give Mr. Yellowhammer bad ideas ...
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Yesterday at 07:57:52 PM »

https://www.politico.com/...greenland-t-shirt-1471960

House Republicans’ campaign arm is not only standing behind dt's bid to buy Greenland — it's fundraising off it.

The National Republican Congressional Committee began running a promotion in which donors contributing $25 or more receive a limited-edition T-shirt depicting the semiautonomous Arctic island, part of the Kingdom of Denmark, as part of the U.S.

“Support President Trump and his efforts to help America grow!” reads the promotion touting the limited-edition tee. The red shirt features a map of the continental U.S., along with silhouettes of Alaska, Hawaii and Greenland patterned with the American flag.

I'm sorry to say it's not just our demented, "chosen one", it's the whole dang Republican Party.  It's turned into a demi-god (literally, since he's taken to calling himself "the King of Israel") cult.  They're actually making money off  this crazy business!  I'm so demoralized, frustrated and depressed, I'm just exhausted all the time.

Royal Me your kind words really meant the world to me.   Hug

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: