Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Gustav NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 20978 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2021, 02:55:04 PM »

This is fascinating. What a thing in this day and age. If Gustav had two fiancees why didn't he marry either one them? Or are you or him using that term like to say she's an "official" girlfriend and that's all. Is he not the kind of person to just go find the right kind of girl and have a couple of kiddos then set her free if it isn't a relationship that settles into something nice? Is he rich in forests or cash money? Maybe if he is thrifty or middle class in lifestyle it may not be interesting to stay with him. I keep thinking of Claus von Bulow who said the rich are different from you and me.

Official fiancé’s, both of them.  Carina Axelsson, the second one (probably ex by now) was treated as his wife in that she wore the family tiaras (generally reserved for only married women) and ran Bad Berleberg, the princely seat.  If he married either of them, he would have lost the land, wealth, etc as both of the fiancé’s were not “equal” under House laws.  There was a will of his grandfather that is differently restrictive but that really isn’t as operative as the House Laws for this situation.

Rich in both cash money and land.  Wealthy.  One of the wealthiest 500 families in Germany.  The castle is kinda nice.  Berleberg is kinda boring.

He seems nice but he looks like the regular doughy aristo with ruddy cheeks and a pasty complexion.  I’m sure he has lovely table manners.

Why would Carina Axelsson be an ex now?
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »

I'm sad that we won't see Carina at royal events but glad that she's free from the odd expectations of the family and living her own life. She's one of my faves, Carina. Whatever she thought, did or expected in the past, she's now living a happy, quiet, private life as a rather successful YA author. There's also a much reduced chance of Mosh gatecrashing any future book fair appearances, which is a plus.

Cool your jets, everyone
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2021, 08:05:08 PM »

ITA FC Star
Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2021, 08:38:38 PM »

I recently read that there is to be an Appeal heard in German High Court this year in relation to the formal recognition of Gustav's inheritance. Apparently one of the relatives lodged a case to challenge on the basis of him being in a "common law" marriage to Carina who did not meet the requirements  . . . the Court found in Gustav's favour during the previous case.

I wonder if the timings of her relocating in the UK had anything to do with this ? 

No, that’s really more about the fact that Gustav’s grandfather did the generation-skipping thing so that Gustav inheriting everything including titles and land.  There were a series of trusts for after the grandfather died, holding and managing the property until the still-yet-unborn-future Gustav was making an appearance.  Prince Richard was one of the trustees during his lifetime who handled everything while Gustav was growing up.  Gustav “gave over” certain rights to his father Prince Richard for the duration and until nearly Richard’s death.  It was both kind and practical - Prince Richard had great experience and it was a gentle way to acknowledge that he was Gustav’s father even if not a full “reigning” prince, but only as trustee.  It wasn’t until later in his life that Richard “gave back” everything in the way of trustee power to Gustav. 

Rolling up those sequential trusts and trustees takes a long time and a lot of signoff. 

There’s been gossip about challenges to the situation vis a vis Carina’s involvement and Gustav’s marital status but there has yet to be any citation or documentation around it (previous or current, like the mythical “Human Rights” lawsuit on the same topic). I believe it’s as big a work of fiction as a recent hagiography in the BRF.  The House Laws are very very specific as to what represents marital status.  Either a bored journalist is fantasizing, a publicist is trying to keep an obscure situation active, or stans with really really low qualifications to opine are smoking shit again (“If you get more followers on Instagram, they HAVE to make you Queen, it’s how Queen Elizabeth became Queen!”).

I find it fascinating because of the trustee aspects of real estate law and land use.  It’s like a murder mystery to me.  With no murder.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2021, 08:47:54 PM »

She seems to have created a great life for herself as an author, lives mostly in the UK, and the last time insofar as I can tell that she has made a public appearance as a member of the S-W-B family was at Prince Richard’s funeral.  I don’t think there was any huge blow-up or dramatic storming out, I think it was more a gentle parting of the ways.  We may not see her again until Princess Benedikte departs, as I’m sure that regardless of the status of she and Gustav, Carina will be there as an extended family member.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2021, 11:35:39 AM »

She seems to have created a great life for herself as an author, lives mostly in the UK, and the last time insofar as I can tell that she has made a public appearance as a member of the S-W-B family was at Prince Richard’s funeral.  I don’t think there was any huge blow-up or dramatic storming out, I think it was more a gentle parting of the ways.  We may not see her again until Princess Benedikte departs, as I’m sure that regardless of the status of she and Gustav, Carina will be there as an extended family member.

I just assumed they were still a couple......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: