Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Willem-Alexander News  (Read 105176 times)
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2019, 05:02:01 PM »

Canít they wait and give it to another president ?
I know Trump will muck it up and not realize what a real honor this is (IMO)
Itís a very nice gesture from the Netherlands and WA though!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2019, 01:41:20 PM »

The Hague, 11 June 2019: On the recommendation of the Prime Minister, King Willem-Alexander appoints Mrs. A. Broekers-Knol as State Secretary for Justice and Security.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: June 12, 2019, 01:42:19 PM »

Bergen op Zoom, 11 June 2019: King Willem-Alexander opens a new insect nursery from Protix. The farmed insects form a raw material full of proteins and other nutrients for animal feed.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »

Those moments when you discover late may the king had a work visit to your hometown and even in the small neighbourhood you live.... probably went unnoticed to me as at that time I was at work in another town... Thinking

Can't even remember seeing the visit mentioned here on RD. If it was even mentioned
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: July 04, 2019, 01:56:37 PM »

Wax will attend the women's football world cup final between The Netherlands and USA in Lyon on Sunday.
Fingers crossed he'll bring the girls!!

No reason not to: test week at school for the older two should be over by tomorrow afternoon, and the third one is in her last few weeks at primary school so not doing much anyway.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
periwinkle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2019, 02:18:53 PM »

It's going to be such a good game. I hope he brings the girls too!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2019, 09:26:08 AM »

Willem Alexander has apparently a good band with all 3 daughters, but these of him with the youngest Ariane are sweet:

And at the recent summer photo shoot of the Dutch royals:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2019, 12:17:45 AM »

Still summertime, WAs beard made the news in NL

https://www.ad.nl/binnenl...illem-alexander~a1867f42/
CyrilSebastian

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2019, 02:53:55 AM »

King Willem-Alexander looks nice with or without his beard. If the beard goes, do not be disappointed.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: September 11, 2019, 12:47:32 PM »

Introduction

King Willem-Alexander receives the new chairman of the (Dutch) Senate Jan Anthonie Bruijn at Huis ten Bosch Palace in The Hague

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: September 11, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »

https://www.nu.nl/binnenl...-op-munten-en-zegels.html

Article on Dutch newssite, dated September 4, 2019

Willem-Alexander is not yet getting a beard on coins and stamps.

King Willem-Alexander's image on coins and stamps is not yet provided with his new beard. Both the Ministry of Finance and PostNL currently see no reason to adjust the now used, beardless image. The first coin in which this may happen is a commemorative coin that will be released in 2020 due to 75 years of liberation.

This special coin has yet to be designed; the artist can decide for himself whether to depict Willem-Alexander with or without a beard, a spokesperson for the Ministry of Finance reports.

Two other commemorative coins that will be released this year have already been designed before Willem-Alexander appeared with his beard on an official occasion last weekend. These coins are issued because of the 75th anniversary of Operation Market Garden (coming month) and in honor of sports icon Jaap Eden (in December).

The procedure for designing the commemorative coins for 2020 has recently been set in motion.

'Normal' euro coins will not be adjusted for the time being

A number of designers may submit a proposal. These proposals are then assessed by a committee that advises the State Secretary for Finance. The winning design, on which King Willem-Alexander may be bearded, is then submitted to the King's Cabinet for approval.

These commemorative coins are mainly minted for collectors. The situation is different for the 'regular' euro coins that can be used to pay in the store: a new batch is produced every year, depending on whether there is a need for it.

In the past, pictures have changed as the queen grew older

"A fixed portrait of the king is used for these coins," the spokesperson explains. "There is now no reason to change that image. There is also no set protocol for changing that image if the king changes striking things in his appearance."

However, it does happen that images of Dutch princes on coins are adjusted. In the past, for example, the images of Wilhelmina, Juliana and Beatrix were adjusted when they became visibly older. The Ministry of Finance cannot answer the question of when the appearance of Willem-Alexander has changed enough to make such a decision.

"If the beard stays longer, there may be a new seal"

Also the stamps with King Willem-Alexander on it will not be adjusted for the time being, says a PostNL spokesperson. "We use designs that are fairly timeless," she explains. "We still use the same image as when Willem-Alexander was inaugurated in 2013." Many millions of these stamps are printed every year.

PostNL currently has no plans to change the image of Willem-Alexander. "But if the king keeps his beard longer, then there may come a time when we will discuss this with the Royal House." In the past, such changes were always initiated by the postal company, not by the Royal Family itself.

In the past, King Willem-Alexander often left his beard in the summer months. However, last week, after the holidays, he appeared for the first time with a beard on an official occasion. Trend watchers and fashion experts are very enthusiastic about the new reddish hair growth of the frost. It is unclear whether the king intends to leave his beard for a longer period of time; Willem-Alexander still had his beard on Wednesday.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2019, 03:47:04 PM »

Dutch article about Willem-Alexander's speech at the UN:
https://nos.nl/artikel/23...seksuele-minderheden.html

EDIT: the second picture was originally a short clip of WA at the UN, but I haven't manage yet to get those working at Royal Dish (in my posts).

Roughly translated by use of Google Translate:

King asks attention for MH17 and sexual minority rights at UN

King Willem-Alexander, in his speech at the General Assembly of the United Nations, called on Russia to participate in the MH17 investigation. "The relatives of the 298 victims expect justice and we will not rest until justice is done."

The king stated that it is unacceptable that "those responsible for international crimes avoid justice." He says that the Netherlands remains committed to strengthening the International Criminal Court because it is an indispensable part of the international legal order.

Willem-Alexander also paid attention to the rights of sexual minorities in his speech. "The Kingdom of the Netherlands is pleased that the equal rights of gays, lesbians, transgender people and other minority groups are being laid down in the law in more and more places in the world. We hope that this development will continue, but in the end it is the practice that counts."

The king also mentioned climate change. According to him, international cooperation has never been so urgent for the future of the planet. "Greenhouse gases know no boundaries. Only together can we cope with climate change. We are happy to heed the call to take responsibility and show ambition."

The king stated that support for the UN is under pressure, while close cooperation between states is of great importance for "everyone's freedom, security and prosperity". "The fight against poverty and inequality is best served by joining forces across borders. We need each other more than ever."

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: