Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2019 Events  (Read 67891 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2019, 12:04:04 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/22...saudische-kroonprins.html

Blok and House of Representatives  continue to disagree about Máxima conversation with Saudi crown prince

The Cabinet and the House of Representatives (2de Kamer) continue to disagree about the conversation Queen Máxima had last week with Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman. A political blunder, thinks the House of Representatives . Minister Blok believes that inevitable. The House of Representatives  debated this evening on the issue.

Many parties find it very undesirable that the cabinet gave permission for the conversation with the man who is held responsible for the murder and sawing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. "She has been sent into a political minefield by the cabinet," said GroenLinks MP Van Ojik.

Máxima held the interview by virtue of her position as UN ambassador. The queen has been committed for years to the access of girls in developing countries to banking and loans. She met the crown prince during the G-20 summit in Osaka last week. The murder of the journalist was not mentioned.

Every year

Blok maintained in the debate that it was wise for the queen to have the conversation. "This meeting takes place every year with the incoming G-20 president. This time it was Saudi Arabia."

The cabinet deliberately chose to let the meeting pass, even though there was just a UN report on bin Salman's involvement in the murder. "If we had canceled the conversation, we would have mixed politically with the important work that the queen does," said Blok. "These conversations should only concern access to financial services and not be mixed with general politics.

Unavoidable

According to the minister, it is inevitable that Máxima will hold discussions with people from questionable regimes, because there is a lot to be gained in those countries when it comes to women's rights. That can only be prevented if she no longer performs that function, Blok reasoned.

But the House of Representatives  does not want that either. Only PVV employee De Roon wondered aloud whether the queen should still hold such a position if the government cannot keep her out of political waters.

Blok said that on other occasions the Netherlands did express its horror at the murder of Khashoggi. Our country is in favor of an independent investigation.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2019, 01:20:42 PM »

https://nos.nl/artikel/22...tis-en-voor-iedereen.html

Máxima opens programming school: free and for everyone

There is a huge shortage of programmers in our country. There are thousands of vacancies at companies such as Bol.com, ABN Amro, ANWB, Coolblue and Google. With the official opening of the Amsterdam programming school Codam by Queen Máxima this afternoon, the Netherlands will receive modern training. Codam hopes to train hundreds of programmers in the coming years.

The training is different than usual. This is free for students. And in principle everyone can register: even people without prior education or a diploma.

TomTom founder Corinne Vigreux has set up the Codam Foundation. "What is the idea behind that? At TomTom she already saw that there was a huge shortage of professional programmers," says Codam spokeswoman Lisa Stamm in the NOS Radio 1 Journal. "And of course she saw that at many other tech companies. She wants to do something about that."

"And more importantly, according to Vigreux, too few people have sufficient access to education. For example, because the education is too expensive or because boys and girls have not completed their school and are therefore without a diploma. They are of course lagging behind in the labor market. Maybe do something for them. "

Online test

Already 5000 people have taken the online test so far to see if programming is for them. Stamm: "Then there is a selection month. Then the candidates will learn to program for four weeks, seven days a week. So what you need here is enormous perseverance."
'Here you can schedule the time yourself. If it just gets too much, just go home '

Reporter Jeroen Schutijser visiting codam programming school in Amsterdam.

Mark Lokhorst (27 years old) from The Hague is crazy about the education in Amsterdam. "It's a kind of last chance for me, considering my age. HBO is not something in my direction. It's going too fast, too fast, that's not for me. You can plan your time here yourself. So if it's just too much before you get there, you can go home quietly. No one behind you. "

Because Codam has no teachers. It is intended that everyone works together and help each other.

Car accident

Martine van de Haar (29) from Rhenen once had her own company but had to drop out after a car accident. "Then I naturally wondered: what now?" She came into contact with Codam and would love to work for Tesla, Facebook or Coolblue, for example. "I'm going to try to do an internship at Flitsmeister, an app for traffic jams, speed cameras and accidents. So that you can safely hit the road."

Jorn Brinksma (20 years old) from Uffelte gave up after 4VWO. "Then I quit. I never had a good time at school. I didn't like the way they  taught. Learning things that are not useful. That doesn't suit me. I want to work on a project to be."

At Codam he would like to make a program as an ethical hacker. "What I find very interesting is learning to break into systems and also into physical buildings. That is how you first learn how to bypass security and then improve security."

Máxima visiting

Queen Máxima will be opening the new programming school this afternoon. Stamm: "With that she shows that programming is incredibly important. Technology is everywhere, from ordering a pizza via the iPhone to robots in healthcare. But more importantly: she makes clear that education must be accessible to everyone, also for people who are in danger of getting lost. Well, that's what we do here. "


Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2019, 10:40:58 PM »

Max at opening of Coding College Codam in Amsterdam.

She is like sunshine (I may be bias in my opinion).
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2019, 01:38:04 AM »

Radiant like her usual self  Smiley

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2019, 09:24:49 AM »

Radiant like her usual self  Smiley

Yup, and apparently that dress is a summer favorite of her.

As also seen on the excellent Dutch site of Josine Droogendijk
https://www.modekoninginm...g-college-codam-amsterdam

2019:

2006 - state visit to Belgium

2007 - photo moment in Argentinia

2015 - ?
-

« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:42:02 AM by Principessa » Logged
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2019, 09:49:56 AM »

I was surprised to see she wore this dress already in 2006  Shocked
Its such a sunny dress, it suits her, plus its design is timeless, so its good to see it recycled again.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2019, 09:55:18 AM »

Its such a sunny dress, it suits her, plus its design is timeless, so its good to see it recycled again.

She has some more of these outfits....in other words worn a long time ago for the first time and pop up recycled now and then. Not all, but some are also timeless.

Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »

She has some more of these outfits....in other words worn a long time ago for the first time and pop up recycled now and then. Not all, but some are also timeless.

...it also helps she has maintained the same shape throughout the years, so decades old clothes still fit  Wink
Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »

@Princesspa - thanks for sharing the photos of Max wearing that same dress on different occasions.

I wish I can say that an outfit from 2006 I can still fit in!!!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2019, 01:29:52 PM »

I was surprised to see she wore this dress already in 2006  Shocked

...it also helps she has maintained the same shape throughout the years, so decades old clothes still fit  Wink

Yup, perhaps a little bit heavier, but not bothering….

Maxima in 2001 present at the wedding of Martha Louise & Ari Behn in Norway:

Maxima in 2015 present at a gala dinner for Corps Diplomatique in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2019, 09:48:53 PM »

Max at a museum opening in Rotterdam.  Is this dress a repeat?  It looks familiar.

Can I say that dress needs to be ironed? 

She made someone very happy.  Small gesture on her part but probably meant a lot to the two people she took a selfie with.

Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2019, 09:54:36 PM »

Max at a museum opening in Rotterdam.  Is this dress a repeat?  It looks familiar.

It is a repeat Wink It's a dress by Natam, Mathilde has the same dress lol Maxima wore it at least three since 2013:

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Missynat

Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2019, 11:54:04 AM »

Max attended the the 26th Egmont Group of Financial Intelligence Units Plenary Meeting in Den Haag (that is a mouthful).  I wonder how much say Max has in deciding which events she will attend and which she will not.  For the Dutch Royal Family how many days of holidays do they get? 

KatyMc

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2019, 07:33:45 PM »

Maxima arriving in Bangladesh for a visit in her role as UN special advocate for financial inclusion. 

https://blauwbloed.eo.nl/...aangekomen-in-bangladesh/
Rita

Ginormous Member

Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »

Dutch Queen Maxima is making a three day working visit to People’s Republic of Bangladesh. On the second day of her visit to Bangladesh, Queen Maxima firstly met with development partners and representatives of the fintech sector at the local UN office. Queen Maxima then visited a representative of iPay, which has developed the iPay e-wallet that customers can install on their smartphone and use to make online payments. Afterwards, The Queen visited ShopUp, which is a business that helps small enterprises to sell their products via Facebook.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: