Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2019 Events  (Read 46425 times)
KatyMc

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2019, 03:02:45 PM »

Max looks horrible. I really dislike her fashion choices. It makes me sad that she spends so much money on runway pieces.  Cry

This outfit is especially bad.

True, it’s not great.

But I love what she’s doing with her position. Certain publicity chasers should take note.

Its bad and probably would be better if the two weren’t together. But yes, buying the full designer outfit does look a bit naff.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2019, 01:34:29 AM »

Her hair is so bad it's almost funny. I'm sure she washes it, probably every day, but she seems to not care to waste any time putting styling product in it.
I've said it many times befrore, but to the Dutch Máx is very relatable because of her dreadful, mousy hair. So many women over here have this 'pepper and salt'-coloured hair that will stay in place for about 10 seconds after drying/blow drying it. It seems to be combed into a bit of a bouffant to create more volume but this doens't work. She needs a good cut and more Barbies (ponytail-extensions).

She has (clip in) extenstions + professional blowout during the photoshoot, but during the entire documentary, there are only two other occasons where it looks ok.
My guess is she doesn't care. Her UN work is about content, not form. She has the businessy-queen clothes (most of what she wears in the doc are rewears) in her closet from all the engagements she does while queening, she has the jools (costume and real) to accessorize. She has a lot of charisma and she is competent and clever. Having perfect hair would distract from the message.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2019, 01:48:30 AM »

Her hair is so bad it's almost funny. I'm sure she washes it, probably every day, but she seems to not care to waste any time putting styling product in it.
I've said it many times befrore, but to the Dutch Máx is very relatable because of her dreadful, mousy hair. So many women over here have this 'pepper and salt'-coloured hair that will stay in place for about 10 seconds after drying/blow drying it. It seems to be combed into a bit of a bouffant to create more volume but this doens't work. She needs a good cut and more Barbies (ponytail-extensions).

She has (clip in) extenstions + professional blowout during the photoshoot, but during the entire documentary, there are only two other occasons where it looks ok.
My guess is she doesn't care. Her UN work is about content, not form. She has the businessy-queen clothes (most of what she wears in the doc are rewears) in her closet from all the engagements she does while queening, she has the jools (costume and real) to accessorize. She has a lot of charisma and she is competent and clever. Having perfect hair would distract from the message.
[/b]

Well said Pomme!  Star

These are all things I love about Max, even in spite of that hair.
KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2019, 08:21:31 PM »

Today’s visit to SME global finance forum in Amsterdam

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2019, 10:21:34 PM »

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: October 08, 2019, 09:52:50 AM »

No earrings, not her best version of her usual make-up, and her hair...

For every brush sold in The Netherlands, 25 cents go to a fund to buy Máx one.

Still you can see the hair is clean and teased at the back and top of her head, yet it looks terrible the minute she stepped out of the car.

You don't see younger people doing it anymore, but there was a time and place (and still is, eg theatre) where women (and men, too btw) would whip out a comb to give their hair a quick fix in the semi-public area between outside and inside. Even when entering a house, you'd take of your coat, look in the mirror in the hallway and quickly fix your hair, pull your clothes straight, then enter the rest of the house.

There may or may not have been a moment for her to freshen up before she did her speech; I'm guessing there wasn't. She was in the public area the minute she stepped out of the car. So whatever prepping on the hair, it lost its effectiveness during the ride over there. Celebrities appearing on the red carpet are dressed around the corner from said carpet, get into a limousine to ride a few hundres metres (not enough to get too wrinkly), and look perfect. Max actually sits in a car for abt 30-40 minutes from her home to the venue in Amsterdam, probably discussing her speech with her private secretary (the one in the purple jacket).

I don't believe her hairdresser doesn't explain the merits of product and getting a cut regularly to her.
Her hair during queening is usually nice, with the use of aforementioned Barbie (extensions) and her friend Hammie the Hamster (a bun shaped hair piece), a ton of hairspray, a hat and the occasional tiara.
She seems to make a distinction between work hair (rat tails, for UN work or queening work visits, stuff of which pics won't be widely published) and queen hair for official visits, opening bridges&christening ships, fancy engagements, tiara events etc. that will be photographed extensively and where image is more important than message.

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: October 08, 2019, 10:10:32 AM »

My mom often had a comb close by, in the house and/or in her bag. There wasn't much what could go wrong with her coupe (a short hair perm), but still. Now since a couple of years she finally got rid of the perm and let it show its natural shape. But her hair was thin in origin and now due to age (hormonal changes) it is extra thin. When at home it doesn't bother her that much, but when going away, expecting people and related the comb is available Wink

What you describe Pomme, is indeed something I almost only see with the older Dutch generation.
LittleThunder

Huge Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: October 08, 2019, 05:55:11 PM »

"For every brush sold in The Netherlands, 25 cents go to a fund to buy Máx one."  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Star I wanted to lend her a brush too when I saw these very entertaining pics. Thanks for the laugh, Pomme.  Smiley

I'm in my thirties, and since I started working I always had a little brush with a mirror inserted in its back in my handbag. It's part of my 'survival kit' as urban office worker. My hair is long and thin, so it can look easily crazy since Parisian subway stations are often windy. I hope I'm not yet in the older generation crowd.  Secret

KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »

Today’s visit to Conference for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support, and Annual Report State of SMEs 2019" of the Dutch Committee for Entrepreneurship

2 Events, 1 colour!

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: October 08, 2019, 09:44:57 PM »

That's a blah colour on her and forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand that long trouser clean up the dirty ground fashion.

Re Max's hair: I kind of feel for her. I've similar hair and I can't really do anything with it. Hairspray does nothing for me and of course I don't want to comb it together every time.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2019, 02:03:12 AM »

That's a blah colour on her and forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand that long trouser clean up the dirty ground fashion.

Re Max's hair: I kind of feel for her. I've similar hair and I can't really do anything with it. Hairspray does nothing for me and of course I don't want to comb it together every time.

You know, I used to hate my deep pile hair until very recently. It was hard to brush when long because of all the knots, it was and is very hot in the summertime and it gets everywhere.  Now I am grateful for it (I cut it short and it’s so easy to manage) because so many women have thinning hair.  I guess everyone wants what they don’t have.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: October 09, 2019, 02:32:51 AM »

Mental Health and Psychosocial Support conference in Amsterdam

Clover

Gigantic Member

My daughter loves horses!

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2019, 02:37:08 AM »

No earrings, not her best version of her usual make-up, and her hair...

For every brush sold in The Netherlands, 25 cents go to a fund to buy Máx one.

Still you can see the hair is clean and teased at the back and top of her head, yet it looks terrible the minute she stepped out of the car.

You don't see younger people doing it anymore, but there was a time and place (and still is, eg theatre) where women (and men, too btw) would whip out a comb to give their hair a quick fix in the semi-public area between outside and inside. Even when entering a house, you'd take of your coat, look in the mirror in the hallway and quickly fix your hair, pull your clothes straight, then enter the rest of the house.

There may or may not have been a moment for her to freshen up before she did her speech; I'm guessing there wasn't. She was in the public area the minute she stepped out of the car. So whatever prepping on the hair, it lost its effectiveness during the ride over there. Celebrities appearing on the red carpet are dressed around the corner from said carpet, get into a limousine to ride a few hundres metres (not enough to get too wrinkly), and look perfect. Max actually sits in a car for abt 30-40 minutes from her home to the venue in Amsterdam, probably discussing her speech with her private secretary (the one in the purple jacket).

I don't believe her hairdresser doesn't explain the merits of product and getting a cut regularly to her.
Her hair during queening is usually nice, with the use of aforementioned Barbie (extensions) and her friend Hammie the Hamster (a bun shaped hair piece), a ton of hairspray, a hat and the occasional tiara.
She seems to make a distinction between work hair (rat tails, for UN work or queening work visits, stuff of which pics won't be widely published) and queen hair for official visits, opening bridges&christening ships, fancy engagements, tiara events etc. that will be photographed extensively and where image is more important than message.

This post is a masterpiece!  Champagne

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2019, 02:37:55 AM »

Annual Report State of SMEs 2019

Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »

You know, I used to hate my deep pile hair until very recently. It was hard to brush when long because of all the knots, it was and is very hot in the summertime and it gets everywhere.  Now I am grateful for it (I cut it short and it’s so easy to manage) because so many women have thinning hair.  I guess everyone wants what they don’t have.

That's so true. Though by now as you say I've also got accustomed to my hair.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: