Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2019 Events  (Read 65309 times)
Lord G¡n

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2019, 10:55:28 AM »

Queen Max, get well soon  but take your time.
Sally_S4054

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2019, 11:34:58 AM »

Looks the hair needs a wash....one day she’s gonna have to do something

It's the texture, not much she can do about it. I know a few women with the same type and short of always pulling it back and spraying the crap out of it this is how it looks. It falls out of braids (unless super tight) and hair bands, and pins *pff* forget about it unless again super shellacked.  They also have a problem growing to too long.

I feel like the bleaching probably doesn't help her hair condition. I love that she support microcredit because she can actually walk the walk with her previous experience and knowledge and she seems interested in it and not just for a photo opp unlike other "hot" topics that a lot of the royal ladies jump onto
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2019, 01:43:40 PM »

It's the texture, not much she can do about it. I know a few women with the same type and short of always pulling it back and spraying the crap out of it this is how it looks. It falls out of braids (unless super tight) and hair bands, and pins *pff* forget about it unless again super shellacked.  They also have a problem growing to too long.

I feel like the bleaching probably doesn't help her hair condition. I love that she support microcredit because she can actually walk the walk with her previous experience and knowledge and she seems interested in it and not just for a photo opp unlike other "hot" topics that a lot of the royal ladies jump onto

Yes indeed.  The important work that she does and her overall personality make me very willing to overlook the hair, which I don’t think she can do much with anyway.

And congratulations on your 100 posts!

KatyMc

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2019, 09:38:44 PM »

A cut wig would probably be best.

FIFY

One of the reasons Max is liked in NL is because so many Dutch women have her kind of hair: very fine and thin and straight, and with a mousy colour. It's very hard to style and it looks dirty about 30 minutes after it's been dried and styled. Max' hairdo only looks polished when it's done up (with abt 20 cans of Elnett sprayed in it - she and Beatrix keep a factory running with their demand) or when she uses hairpieces, most notably a ponytail (AKA Barbie) or a chignon (AKA Hammie the Hamster). In all other cases, it's just a total failure. Check out the pics of here younger wilder days that are floating around the web. It was not much of a mullet in those days either.

I highly doubt Max is so sloppy that she doesn't wash her hair before a public event.

PS:whether face work or fibroids, I really hope she takes enough time off to heal well.

I always think this is horrible bit about being Royal, that everyone gets to know or partially know your medical issues. It would soooo funnny if she did suddenly look 20 years younger and wrinkle free after a little rest but hopefully her visit to Jordan scared her off that route forever.
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2019, 02:27:21 PM »

Q Max has had several health issues lately. Do you remember the trip to China --was it China? And she has looked unwell  in the past months. But I guess she'll be up and smiling soon. And, royals may not have a full public agenda, but they surely have meetings and...all that time they spend trying on  clothes ( I hate it) and hairdos.
KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2019, 10:36:29 AM »

Looks like Max had an operation on a bunion

https://twitter.com/royal.../1109582360360546304?s=21

Google translation

Queen Máxima recently underwent surgery on her foot. RTL Boulevard reports this based on sources. The operation is said to have taken place in a private clinic. The Government Information Service does not want to say anything about it.

The queen was not present at NL Doet last week. The Government Information Service then said that Máxima could not be there because of a minor medical intervention from which she had to recover.

The source told RTL Boulevard that the queen had surgery on her big toe. She would suffer from Hallux Valgus, a common deviation, where the big toe is wrong. This creates a lump on the side of the foot. Hallux Valgus can be congenital, but can also arise if someone walks a lot in high heels.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »

I was wondering when the first foot surgery would occur --I've had this surgery for a similar problem and have quite a few other complications from walking a lot in unsupportive or high-heeled shoes.  All y'all in 4" heels all day, take notes!
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2019, 02:09:35 PM »

I was wondering when the first foot surgery would occur --I've had this surgery for a similar problem and have quite a few other complications from walking a lot in unsupportive or high-heeled shoes.  All y'all in 4" heels all day, take notes!

My feelings exactly. Those heels are incredibly bad for your feet, and I hope the trend of sky high heels goes away soon.
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2019, 03:32:12 PM »

Of course, no one is *forced* to wear these shoes, not like bound feet in China way back when.  Women do it voluntarily. 
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2019, 03:40:43 PM »

My feelings exactly. Those heels are incredibly bad for your feet, and I hope the trend of sky high heels goes away soon.

Not only that, but I've already seen of many women, who can't walk with them either. Just looks silly.
KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2019, 11:18:02 PM »

Of course, no one is *forced* to wear these shoes, not like bound feet in China way back when.  Women do it voluntarily. 

Or alas people like me,who has always worn ‘sensible’ shoes and can’t understand why you would put yourself through being uncomfortable, has developed a bunion too.  Sad
fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2019, 12:12:23 AM »

Or alas people like me,who has always worn ‘sensible’ shoes and can’t understand why you would put yourself through being uncomfortable, has developed a bunion too.  Sad
So,so painful. I haven't worn high heels for aeons ( just the very occasional event , medium height)  and even sensible shoes  (or slippers) can kill my feet.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2019, 09:45:06 AM »

Of course, no woman is forced to do so and Maxima is indeed tall enough to get away with flats or at least lower heels without looking like a smitgen, however there is a great deal of social pressure to ahere to "standarts of elegance" and high heels have been a staple of elegant and formal women's attire for a very long time.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2019, 01:25:03 PM »

Of course, no woman is forced to do so and Maxima is indeed tall enough to get away with flats or at least lower heels without looking like a smitgen, however there is a great deal of social pressure to ahere to "standarts of elegance" and high heels have been a staple of elegant and formal women's attire for a very long time.

I get that completely, but I would hope that somebody someday is brave enough to just say “enough” and wear something cute but more comfortable.
KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2019, 07:37:52 PM »

Maxima launching Money week in Breda

I guess these are slightly more comfortable shoes if you’ve had an operation. I did think she was wearing flats but she just have massively flarely trousers

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: