Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2019 Events  (Read 65236 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2019, 08:25:40 PM »

And this after her hallux op?
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »

Of course, no one is *forced* to wear these shoes, not like bound feet in China way back when.  Women do it voluntarily. 
Of course, no woman is forced to do so and Maxima is indeed tall enough to get away with flats or at least lower heels without looking like a smitgen, however there is a great deal of social pressure to ahere to "standarts of elegance" and high heels have been a staple of elegant and formal women's attire for a very long time.

It's not so much the height of the shoe (alone) which might force the Hallux Valgus if you have a precondition, it's a combination of too high and too less support. If you have a precondition to get a Hallux Valgus, also full flat might not be the right choice. Best is modest height, up to 2 inch.

And: give the feet support. Fully closed heels with block heel are better than stiletto are better than sling pumps are better than strappy sandals. The worst you can wear (in terms of causing damage to your feet) is sky high strappy sandals. Anatomically formed insole may also help for prevention (there's, for example, gel filled leather patches you may glue into your pumps, which will make the pumps much more comfortable to wear, as they give the foot some better halt - these are also available in a shorter form to glue them into sandals).
Last but not least: change between high and low every other day to always keep the feet muscles "in motion" and strong.

Then again, as fruela said, you may even get it if you never wear heels - then it might be hereditary or just in your genes. People with vertical talus or lower arch are more likely to get it, also.

But I agree that there is also social pressure of seeing high heels as more elegant than ballerinas - at least for younger women, because once you are > 70 years, no one gives a damn.

I never noticed it on Max (the only thing I recall from her feet is bad pedicure/callus). I guess the worst cases of hallux I've ever seen are Naomi Campbell, Vic Beckham and Catherine Zeta-Jones (@POMME: warning! Graphic content! Do not google this information, or if you do, don't complain you had no warning!).
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2019, 06:44:12 PM »

March 25

Queen Máxima opened Money Week in Breda

Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »

As if, Kaiserin, AS IF.
But  Star for the heads up.

I have rather small feet (36-36.5 EUR) but they have always been wide. I have spent many decades in high heels (usually block), also working long hours standing (never above 5 cms then), and running in them. In between, I mangled them in climbing shoes, who are worn a few sizes too small to provide better feeling and foot placement. Also during approach and descent I'd wear trekking boots or trainers, and had a habit of running down trails whether I had a heavy rucksack or not. Heel height was restricted to 10 cms (without platform), because of my short feet. Anything higher and I would have been standing en pointe. Still, I never developed bunions. Hallux rigidus, most certainly, and in a bad way (hence the flat orthopedic stuff since a few years), and I had a great time in heels while it lasted. Goes to show that there are other cause for bunions than heels.

Either way, the closed shoe that Max is wearing should offer enough support for the few minutes she's standing and the few hours she's sitting in public. She's not actually running a marathon (or even a trip to the supermarket) in them!

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
KatyMc

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2019, 06:30:17 PM »

Maxima celebrating 300 years of brewing beer.....she looks fab(obviously not in the hairnet and lab jacket, no one looks good in those )

https://www.dailymail.co....sary-Brewery-Bavaria.html  

And a video too
https://twitter.com/ricke.../1111311686785486850?s=21
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 07:00:48 PM by KatyMc » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2019, 09:49:28 PM »

https://www.destentor.nl/...pul-voor-maxima~a03abe23/

=  a Dutch article including pictures and a video of Máxima at the Dutch beer brand Bavaria
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:56:13 PM by Principessa » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2019, 11:02:35 PM »

Maxima celebrating 300 years of brewing beer.....she looks fab(obviously not in the hairnet and lab jacket, no one looks good in those )

https://www.dailymail.co....sary-Brewery-Bavaria.html  

And a video too
https://twitter.com/ricke.../1111311686785486850?s=21

Wow she looks great!  I love how her earrings are trying to poke through that hairnet.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

BelgianRF fan account

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2019, 09:28:38 AM »

The heels are back

Maxima was at Bavaria Brewery, which is celebrating its 300th year anniversary.

And anyone thinking that might not be the most obvious outfit to wear to look around a brewery (it's new, its Natan), they made her change for the tour:

Future Crayon says de-escalate
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2019, 09:42:30 AM »

The heels are back

And anyone thinking that might not be the most obvious outfit to wear to look around a brewery (it's new, its Natan), they made her change for the tour:

The dress and panty hose are still under the coat. She only changed her headgear and shoes Wink
thecrownjewelthief

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »

The heels are back

I love her enormous hats. It's like Max in headwear form.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2019, 03:46:23 PM »

She looks good welcome bach Maxi  Smiley

Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Harlequin

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2019, 04:16:40 PM »

The heels are back

I love her enormous hats. It's like Max in headwear form.

Yup. Camilla can pull off big hats too, but nobody does it quite as well as Max. Good to see her back and on form.

Not all heroes wear capes. Some of them wear scrubs. Some of them wear uniforms. And some of them wear what you're wearing right now. Dr. Amy Acton
nyetochka

Baby Member

Croatia Croatia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »

I've been thinking lately,

Could someone as flamboyant and successful as Maxima survive  among british royals ( if she married let's say Andrew or Charles) ?

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2019, 06:30:25 PM »

I've been thinking lately,

Could someone as flamboyant and successful as Maxima survive  among british royals ( if she married let's say Andrew or Charles) ?

I guess it would be hard, being to flamboyant........
It works for the Dutch, but I can imagine not all like it or appreciate it.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2019, 06:34:05 PM »

The heels are back

Gotta love Max: her totally OTT earrings are the same colour as the Bavaria logo.
(another OT: Bavaria makes a really, really  good 0.0% beer)

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: