Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Marie - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 40268 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2019, 02:47:09 AM »

Marie is BACK....YAY  Cute

November 5
H.R.H. Princess Marie takes part in the launch of the book release "Food with respect" (16:15)

November 6
H.R.H. Princess Marie presents as patron "Literature Prize of the Francophone Countries" (11:00)
H.R.H. Princess Marie attends dinner against food waste (19:00)[/color]

November 7
H.R.H. Princess Marie meets the Danish departments of Alliance Française and opens an exhibition with a number of Prince Henrik's literary works (10:00)
H.R.H. Princess Marie attends the National Church Aid's Christmas event (15:00)

November 8
H.R.H. Princess Marie opens the exhibition "Christmas at Schackenborg" (10:00)

November 14
H.R.H. Princess Marie visits as Honorary President of the Danish Section at the Lycée International de Saint Germain-en-Laye, France (10:30)

November 15
H.R.H. Princess Marie participates as patron of the Danish UNESCO National Commission in the 40th UNESCO General Conference, Paris, France (12:30)

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2019, 11:21:20 AM »

Does this mean she and Joachim are returning to Denmark or is it only temporary?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2019, 10:26:53 PM »

No they are not returning yet.

They said that they will still participate in their respective charities in Denmark, while living in France. I guess, that is why all the events are so close together. And the last 2 ones are back in France.

I need a palette cleanser after the week of Yrma....thank god she'll be back for some events.

periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2019, 12:22:49 AM »

You know even though they are back in her home country there is no doubt at all where her allegiance lies it is in Denmark. Kudos Marie. Her dumb sister in law could take a lesson.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2019, 11:21:24 PM »

Marie gave an interview to Jutland’s newspapers about ‘Food with Respect’ in connection of her upcoming event tomorrow:

"Food with Respect"

The fight against food waste is a brand case for Princess Marie, and the commitment is based, among other things, on her upbringing. Now she is one of the main forces behind a new cookbook that, with simple tips, helps families use the food they have. Simple routines can make big changes, says the princess, who here tells about her own routines, about the values ​​she lives by and about the art of passing on the commitment to her children.

"We can actually make a difference".

It was the simple realization that months ago got Her Royal Highness Princess Marie and the founder of Stop Wasting Food, Selina Juul, to do something about the idea they had a few years ago.

We know that especially families throw out the most food, so it is here – at home with everyone – that a concrete and big difference can be made, and I really hope the book can inspire greater respect for food while helping families get a little more creative. It’s not that difficult to avoid food waste, however, there are so many good reasons to do so!

A third of all food in the world ends up being wasted! It is, after all, absurd. Especially knowing that the amount could be used to feed all hungry people. That alone is a strong argument for fighting food waste. At the same time, it is a waste of important resources when we throw out food. You have to remember that the goods you buy in the supermarket have been on a long journey before they end up on our plates. It is food that has been grown, harvested, processed, packed and transported. All of this is something that has an impact on the environment. So it really makes no sense to buy more than we need. And it is not complicated. It doesn’t cost anything either. On the contrary, you save money.

My mother was born in 1945, and when you grow up in a country that has been at war and where the lack of food has been so pronounced and violent, it becomes part of the upbringing for many generations to come. It simply lies as an instinct in one, whether one is wealthy or not. And that was also evident with my mother. She wasn’t scrawny. She just couldn’t dream of wasting food. At that time, there was nothing known about how food waste affects the climate. It was more about a basic moral respect for resources.

There must have been something in the trash once in a while, but the starting point was that nothing should be thrown out. We were a very culinary family who appreciated simple but good food and at the same time the meals were an important gathering point in the family. That, again, has to do with respect. My mother did not stand in the kitchen for an entire hour to watch her children disappear from the table after two seconds. You had to stay and eat together, and this was also the occasion for talking together. You get caught up in everyday life and forget to talk together, but it is important to do so, and here the meal is an excellent opportunity. [My mother] now goes to the kitchen with the grandchildren and uses yesterday’s leftovers in a whole new way, and it tastes even better.

Basically, it’s not about taking anything for granted. You never know what’s going on. So you have to have respect for what you have and experience here and now. Whether it is food on the table or the love you have in your family. The gratitude comes right after. I am grateful for an incredible amount of things, though I could be even more so. I really do not take anything for granted, but sometimes – if you have had a bad day or bad experience – then I could probably be better off being grateful for everything I have. But maybe it is also to some extent cultural. I think in Denmark it is good to be grateful. My husband, for example, is always positive and satisfied. He could never dream of complaining about small things. But of course it also helps that Denmark is a country where so much works well.

I always look in the fridge before we shop. It’s not always me shopping, but it’s always me who reminds me not to buy too much. It is something to see what you have and use it, and then it does not matter if you want something completely different. That’s what we have, that’s the starting point, and it’s good stuff, so there’s no need to complain.

I think it is incredibly important that children come into the kitchen and take part in shopping, but also that we talk to them about respect for food. We have always done this, and both children not only want to help, they are also good at finding solutions for how to use the food, and scold me if I get to throw out something we can still eat . We also eat together almost every night, and here we talk about everything from their school day to the world’s challenges, so they are both curious and conscious.

A very obvious place is in relation to our children and young people. I strongly believe in education and both in relation to my own children and the children I meet when I am out, I experience a desire for change and a curiosity, and it is our responsibility to help them. For example, with more teaching materials in schools. After all, it is our children who are the future. They are the ones who can save what we have destroyed, and the positive is that they actually want to get involved.

A cookbook may not seem revolutionary, but you have to start somewhere, and an obvious and easy place to start is in the kitchen and when we shop. All contributions count, and together we can make a big difference.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2019, 07:10:19 PM »

November 5
Today, the book "Mad with respect" is published at the publishing house Gyldendal, where HKH Princess Marie and a number of food waste heroes contribute recipes for dishes to reduce food waste.

In addition, the Princess has written the book's preface, where Her Royal Highness writes, among other things:

- "It makes me sad when good food is thrown out and important resources are wasted. Food scraps are and still are food, and although a casserole or salad has already been served on the dinner table once, the leftovers can be part of new combinations and turn into good new meals. It is up to us to make them exciting again."

The author of the book is the founder and chairman of Stop Spild By Mad Selina Juul.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2019, 07:12:09 PM »

October 5
Marie is participating in the launch of the book release "Mad with respect".
The cookbook focuses on food waste and each sold copy triggers a donation to DanChurchAid. Princess Marie contributed to the book with preface as well as four recipes.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2019, 12:52:39 AM »

more photos & vid

VIDEO HERE

periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2019, 03:07:36 AM »

I think food waste is a terrific topic to get behind and bring to the fore. She is right we used to have respect for resources my grandmother saved twine and plastic bags and foil and I still do all that myself it is a very difficult thing to stop. Good for Marie.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2019, 02:21:48 AM »

October 6
Marie presents as patron "Literature Prize of the Francophone Countries
In the "Aquarium" room at the Rhythmic Music Conservatory in Copenhagen, Her Royal Highness presented Princess Marie this morning as patron to the Francophone countries' Ambassador's Literature Prize to the French-Rwandan writer Gaël Faye for the novel "Little Land".

Marie is the patron of the Francophone countries' Literature Prize, created by the ambassadors of the countries with diplomatic representation in Denmark, members of the Organization Internationale de la Francophonie. The award focuses on cultural diversity and increases awareness of the culture of the French-speaking countries. With the price comes 10,000 kroner.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:58:35 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2019, 02:30:51 AM »

October 6
Marie attends dinner against food waste
Marie attended this event at the Swedish Ambassador's Residence in Copenhagen.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:59:08 AM by PeDe » Logged

dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2019, 04:40:18 PM »

I like Marie, but dislike that green dress and also that purple blue 'suit.'  One of her few misses.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2019, 05:42:16 PM »

more photos from yesterday

VIDEO HERE

« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 05:47:53 PM by PeDe » Logged

Aubiette

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2019, 05:48:52 PM »

I don’t understand what is going on with her skirt? They tacked on some scarves/ribbons? Whatever it is ruins the look.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2019, 06:04:35 PM »

It's a new dress from the French designer MAJE

Maje, the name chosen by its founder, Judith Milgrom, is a combination of the initials of the first names of her loved ones.

In 1998, Judith decided to create clothing for active women. At the time, no products were offered that fell between luxury and the mass market.

The company achieved rapid success and Judith decided to open her first shop on rue du Four in Paris.

Eight years later, Maje has more than 150 shops in France and abroad.

The Maje style sketches a subtle difference between modernity and quirkiness, with authentic pieces and sharp details. The Maje spirit is resolutely feminine, understated, glamourous and bold. While Judith asserts herself in her current, highly identifiable creations, her commitment exceeds the boundaries of fashion.

Touched by the determination of Professor Leca and the Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque association, Judith wants to support this fight. This association raises funds to help children with heart defects. Accompanied by many artists like Guillaume Canet, Mélanie Laurent, Inès de la Fressange, Vanessa Paradis and others, Maje has enabled Professor Leca's Association to operate on and save more than 15 children.

Maje also makes its mark musically by partnering with ELLE EN SCENE, a live tour of chic and trendy concerts in line with the rock-folk image of the brand.

In November 2011, Maje crossed the Atlantic to set up shop in New York where the brand opened two stores and three corners.

Rilila Printed Color-Blocked Midi Dress

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: