Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg - 2019 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 32208 times)
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2020, 03:47:13 PM »

Danish is super hard, but Mary never did a serious effort to learn it with or without talent. That was always my issue with her language "skills", the fact that she never really made an effort. She does the basics, and badly, and pretends she is super hardworking and talented.

And remember, she gave us that total BS statements of being "able to dream in Danish", and that ridiculous picture of her and Danish books Clown

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2020, 10:40:26 PM »

Alex and Jochim had an amicable divorce and it would appear she gets along with Marie as well.
Paulina

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2020, 10:48:45 PM »

I am so glad the question was asked about Alex. I always liked her, too, and only read good things about her in her role. Does anyone wonder if she was too professional in her role for Jokke and he felt threatened or competitive?

I have to admire them for their discretion. Why their marriage broke up was always a mystery to me, and it seems like it was so for many others, too.

Her wedding dress was gorgeous. And she is very beautiful.

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2020, 10:55:01 PM »

I am so glad the question was asked about Alex. I always liked her, too, and only read good things about her in her role. Does anyone wonder if she was too professional in her role for Jokke and he felt threatened or competitive?

I have to admire them for their discretion. Why their marriage broke up was always a mystery to me, and it seems like it was so for many others, too.

I agree Paulina!

I think some married ins who are highly intelligent have a harder time of things. The endless boring factory visits and surface sycophancy must grate after a while. I donít know if thatís the case here, but it makes sense to me.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2020, 11:07:44 PM »

I agree Paulina!

I think some married ins who are highly intelligent have a harder time of things. The endless boring factory visits and surface sycophancy must grate after a while. I donít know if thatís the case here, but it makes sense to me.

ITA with you both.

Alex might very well have been seen as a threat for Joachim. Can you imagine what a threat she would've been to Mares?

But all in all they clearly made the best out of the situation.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2020, 11:29:03 PM »

I agree Paulina!

By many accounts, Alex what she did. What she did not apparently love, was having a husband who couldn't keep up and would rather party.  In the  dying embers of their marriage, she had apparently taken to putting Jokke down (publicly?). Clearly, Jokke is now married to someone with whom he feels like he is King of the Castle; nothing wrong with that. It was said that some of the falling out between Fred and Jokke could be traced to the breakdown of Alex and Jokke's marriage. Fred clearly had a lot of affection and admiration for Alex (if pictures still tell a thousand words).

ďDo or do not. There is no try.Ē

Ė Yoda
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2020, 12:04:47 AM »

I agree Paulina!

By many accounts, Alex what she did. What she did not apparently love, was having a husband who couldn't keep up and would rather party.  In the  dying embers of their marriage, she had apparently taken to putting Jokke down (publicly?). Clearly, Jokke is now married to someone with whom he feels like he is King of the Castle; nothing wrong with that. It was said that some of the falling out between Fred and Jokke could be traced to the breakdown of Alex and Jokke's marriage. Fred clearly had a lot of affection and admiration for Alex (if pictures still tell a thousand words).

I agree with your last comment. It made me recall that Fred really did seem to hit it off with Alexandra and the three of them made a nice trio. Parallels? Their divorce is their own business, I guess we'll never really know, but it would have been tough long-term for Alexandra after Fred married. She had been de facto No 2 royal lady for 8/9 years and after Queen Ingrid's death really was No 2... Alexandra is classy and polished and a natural linguist. I wonder if she'd have had more of a low-key royal role (like Britain's Princess Alexandra) if she hadn't remarried...
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2020, 04:32:50 AM »

Danish is super hard, but Mary never did a serious effort to learn it with or without talent. That was always my issue with her language "skills", the fact that she never really made an effort. She does the basics, and badly, and pretends she is super hardworking and talented.

And remember, she gave us that total BS statements of being "able to dream in Danish", and that ridiculous picture of her and Danish books Clown

Yes, and the proof that all that was BS was when she blabbed about masturbating Africans, rich in buildings...and the boy with lice, the baby up, and her experienced experience...UGH

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2020, 07:54:11 AM »

I agree Paulina!

Alex definitely liked to party too (and, after all, she left Joachim in favour of Martin, aka Party Boy #1). And she much prefered to be in Copenhagen, rather than in rural Southern Jutland.

I think they just simply fell out of love. But remain friends.

For what itís worth... I like Alex a lot but, tbh, I could well imagine that sheís not the easiest person in the world to be married to.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2020, 11:18:18 AM »

Yes, and the proof that all that was BS was when she blabbed about masturbating Africans, rich in buildings...and the boy with lice, the baby up, and her experienced experience...UGH
Not wanting to derail this thread, but perhaps she was dreaming about cough... not going there... But the rich in buildings, the early baby up and the experienced experience weren't danish, but her very own english. So perhaps she simply suffers from some form of vockey dockey?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2020, 11:59:00 AM »

IMO Alexandra was often the more "classical" princess, the one with the big dresses, big hairdo's etc. It seemed to be a sort of opposite to her buissiness behaviour. Later on she dressed more sexy (or intended sexy) in public:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 01:31:55 PM by Principessa » Logged
BubbaGumpShrimp
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2020, 03:28:20 PM »

I am of an age, ahem, where I remember Alexandra's entry into the RDF quite vividly and the public opinion at the time. She was an absolutely perfect princess. Mastered the language in record time, mastered the knack of dressing conservatively yet smartly, always seemed happy to be wherever she had to be, and just a breath of fresh air at the right time.

But she was a big city girl with a big city job and she married a sweet, snobby stooge who promptly took her out in Bumblef*ck, South Denmark, to live. Probably her only escape was to do her work for the RF. They filled their lives with the usual progression of married couples, had children, etc, which had them occupied for a while, but ultimately they couldn't run from the fact that they were different people with very different goals in and paces of life.

There's a reason that her rebound from McDreary was PartyBoyMartin.

And now Joachim is married to a sweet girl who shares and/or is happy to support his delusions of grandeur, and he learned his lesson and sold off the countryside abode and brought her closer to the capital to live.

And Alexandra finally realised that exchanging a dreary adult man for an overgrown teenager was not quite what she expected, and now lives alone. She strikes me as someone who can be (too) exacting and demanding and who needs a partner that can be a true partner to her. And who can hold his own against her.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2020, 05:22:17 PM »

Not wanting to derail this thread, but perhaps she was dreaming about cough... not going there... But the rich in buildings, the early baby up and the experienced experience weren't danish, but her very own english. So perhaps she simply suffers from some form of vockey dockey?

oh, yes, rich in buildings, the early baby up and the experienced experience were her posh english made up expressions, I just listed them to point out that she is talking crap in either language.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2020, 06:16:26 PM »

A few people thought that back then ... but she had some very unwise decisions then later on (=Martin!) so I think it was nothing too serious. They were not seeing eye to eye, she surely did not enjoy being a "farmer's wife" in the South of Denmark that much and they tried a few years, fell out of love and she moved on to new adventures.

I for example (and a few more royal followers) was totally taken aback when Martin came on the scene ... and this did not end well. So I think while she acted exactly what was expected of her (princess) and did that really well that was not what she wanted and hoped for.

What they should be praised for is that they really managed well - no bad word, no "friends" talking, and always focussing on the children.
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2020, 06:21:23 PM »

Whatever happened on their marriage, Alexandra and Joachim were a class act at the end. They kept it private and civil, and managed to raise their children in a loving environment.

Alexandra's wedding look was simply perfect. They were two crazy in love kids that day

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: