Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alexandra, Countess of Fredensbourg - 2019 NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 31856 times)
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2020, 06:35:28 PM »

I am of an age, ahem, where I remember Alexandra's entry into the RDF quite vividly and the public opinion at the time. She was an absolutely perfect princess. Mastered the language in record time, mastered the knack of dressing conservatively yet smartly, always seemed happy to be wherever she had to be, and just a breath of fresh air at the right time.

But she was a big city girl with a big city job and she married a sweet, snobby stooge who promptly took her out in Bumblef*ck, South Denmark, to live. Probably her only escape was to do her work for the RF. They filled their lives with the usual progression of married couples, had children, etc, which had them occupied for a while, but ultimately they couldn't run from the fact that they were different people with very different goals in and paces of life.

There's a reason that her rebound from McDreary was PartyBoyMartin.

And now Joachim is married to a sweet girl who shares and/or is happy to support his delusions of grandeur, and he learned his lesson and sold off the countryside abode and brought her closer to the capital to live.

And Alexandra finally realised that exchanging a dreary adult man for an overgrown teenager was not quite what she expected, and now lives alone. She strikes me as someone who can be (too) exacting and demanding and who needs a partner that can be a true partner to her. And who can hold his own against her.

Brilliant insight, BubbaGumpShrimp   Star Star Star

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »

She was definitely a city gal that is for sure. Lucky Marie,  she got to move back to her home country and enjoy city and country life.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2020, 07:10:24 PM »

She was definitely a city gal that is for sure. Lucky Marie,  she got to move back to her home country and enjoy city and country life.

Secret Secret Secret Marie apparently spilled the tea about being forced into the move so we would not think that.  Secret Secret Secret

– Yoda
BubbaGumpShrimp
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2020, 09:25:41 PM »

Oh, gosh, yes, dear me, what a hardship! "Oh we have been forced to go my home country where our lives are still being funded by the Danish tax payers, except their direct oversight and judgement of our activities, expenditure, and delusions of grandeur has been removed. Woe is me!".

ralf103

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2020, 09:46:48 PM »

I'm of the opinion that people either remarry having learnt form their mistakes and finding someone much more in the middle compared to their last partner, or go out and find the exact opposite of their old partner to really shake up their life. This is what IMO Alex did. Fed up with stuffy, pompous, much older acting Joachim living the rural idle in out and out rural Denmark with only duty to entertain her and keep her sane she marries young, toy-boy husband to live in the vibrant city with no real work commitments as she is too busy loving life. The fact she did that shows to me the things she was missing in her old life.

From what I can read, see and hear about her time as Princess she really was a class act. I can well imagine she was a bit tricky behind the scenes at times maybe - after all she married Joachim who hardly seems easy going laid back Larry to me. But she also knew what looked good PR wise and what people expected of her and lived up to those expectations.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 10:30:55 PM by ralf103 » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2020, 08:48:26 AM »

Oh, gosh, yes, dear me, what a hardship! "Oh we have been forced to go my home country where our lives are still being funded by the Danish tax payers, except their direct oversight and judgement of our activities, expenditure, and delusions of grandeur has been removed. Woe is me!".

This is getting O/T
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2020, 08:51:36 AM »

FWIW she and Martin were married for a good while and he seemed to take it seriously for a time so while I didn't like the guy, I think it’s harsh to call the relationship a failure. I have it on good authority that he has turned into a bit of a cheater Wink so perhaps Alex wasn’t lying about the reason for their split and it wasn’t on her so to speak.

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2020, 03:06:20 PM »

She is a great mom, that is what is the most important to her.
maddie

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2020, 05:41:20 PM »

The press didn’t discover Alex in advance but aside from that, then I agree. They simply weren’t compatible as a couple in the long run and are just better suited as friends.

Alex was a phenomenal princess and Mary was beyond lucky that she didn’t have to compare with Alex for that long. But, for what it’s worth, I’m also not sure that Alex would have particularly enjoyed having to defer to Mosh, after having been the de facto CPss of Denmark for many years.

ITA.

Their engagement came out of the blue. IIRC Joachim even broke up with his long time girlfriend on the phone only shortly before. I think they were simply madly in love. It did also seemingly work well for time.

Who was Jokke’s first girlfriend? Are there any pictures of her and Jokke? I remember  watching CP Frederik’s 50th birthday documentary and they mentioned that Joke was dating someone (in the late 1980s). I always thought that Alexandra was his first.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2020, 07:28:28 PM »

Iben Detlefs. She was really pretty. Sadly, she passed away some years ago, 48 years old. She had cancer.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2020, 08:53:15 PM »

Iben Detlefs. She was really pretty. Sadly, she passed away some years ago, 48 years old. She had cancer.

Wow, a beautiful lady indeed (I looked her up )
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2020, 11:14:05 AM »

Wow, a beautiful lady indeed (I looked her up )

She was.

But I assume that Joachim wouldn't have been allowed to marry her due to Marge strange rules.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2020, 12:53:36 PM »

Star Harley. She was beautiful.

– Yoda
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2020, 07:21:40 PM »

Alexandra invited her mum (87) to stay with her for a month
(look here: https://www.billedbladet....nd-hos-grevinde-alexandra)
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2020, 12:30:40 AM »

Alexandra invited her mum (87) to stay with her for a month
(look here: https://www.billedbladet....nd-hos-grevinde-alexandra)

That’s sweet.

Alex looks a lot like her mom, but with her father’s coloring.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: