Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Fred & Yrma - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 62357 times)
kpzra

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2019, 01:06:36 AM »

If someone is more concerned with your nail polish then the funeral proceedings then that is on then. It wasn't chipped or anything just a classic red. I know with the many funerals I've attended my nail color was the last thing on my mind.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2019, 03:22:15 AM »

can someone pls explain to me who these people were? and what were their children doing in Sri Lanka, pls?

I've looked it up but I can't work it out.

tak

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2019, 04:32:29 AM »

can someone pls explain to me who these people were? and what were their children doing in Sri Lanka, pls?

I've looked it up but I can't work it out.

tak

G Smiley

https://royaldish.com/index.php?topic=16734.0

https://www.sfchronicle.c...anka-mourned-13820700.php
The family was staying at the Shangri-La Hotel in the capital of Colombo when it was attacked. More than 350 people died in bombings in Sri Lanka on April 21.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/...dren-sri-lanka/index.html

Danish media reported that Holch Povlsen was in Sri Lanka with his family on vacation.
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2019, 08:48:48 AM »

I don't think the issue is wearing nail polish to a funeral. For me it's about wearing bright red nail polish. It's like wearing red shoes, red purse, or a red dress. It's attention seeking. In some societies, red is the color of joy. These are sentiments that aren't appropriate for a funeral where people are supposed to be subdued.

Ingrid's nail polish is subdued - a dusty pink. Mary's nail polish is almost always bright red.

I gotta ask, as a Dane. What’s wrong with their nail polish? I see nothing wrong with it at all.

I don't see the problem either. Queen Ingrid also wore nail polish and she was a classy lady. Are people assuming that red nail polish is poor taste for royals just because E2 apparently doesn't approve of it??  

jessmie

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2019, 10:56:59 AM »

I think the criticism regarding the nail polish is unfair. She and Fred and the children all look totally devastated. Maybe she didn’t have time to remove it, maybe she made the choice to keep it, or have the manicure before the funeral because it makes her look more put together.

It doesn’t matter I think. It’s not like she’s not wearing black or her makeup is too much rendering her overall appearance inappropriate for a funeral. She looks shattered, and despite the overall lack of attention I think she’s paying to her children, at least publicly, I don’t believe that there’s a parent who wouldn’t be empathising with the tragedy the Holch Povlsen parents are dealing with.

I think it’s impossible not to feel awful for them and put yourself in their shoes just for fleeting seconds. They arrived in Sri Lanka as a family of six to relax, have fun, gain experiences and then the worst possible happened and they left the country as a family of three. They were a happy family, they loved each other and didn’t deserve any of this. And nobody deserves any of this.

So please, oh please, can we stop hanging on to how “disrespectful” Mary’s nail polish is, or the father’s wealth and his large property portfolio is Scotland etc. Three young children of a loving family were lost, and hundreds of other innocent victims, let’s focus on that. Everything else is irrelevant IMHO.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2019, 11:38:25 AM »

I think the criticism regarding the nail polish is unfair. She and Fred and the children all look totally devastated. Maybe she didn’t have time to remove it, maybe she made the choice to keep it, or have the manicure before the funeral because it makes her look more put together.

It doesn’t matter I think. It’s not like she’s not wearing black or her makeup is too much rendering her overall appearance inappropriate for a funeral. She looks shattered, and despite the overall lack of attention I think she’s paying to her children, at least publicly, I don’t believe that there’s a parent who wouldn’t be empathising with the tragedy the Holch Povlsen parents are dealing with.

I think it’s impossible not to feel awful for them and put yourself in their shoes just for fleeting seconds. They arrived in Sri Lanka as a family of six to relax, have fun, gain experiences and then the worst possible happened and they left the country as a family of three. They were a happy family, they loved each other and didn’t deserve any of this. And nobody deserves any of this.

So please, oh please, can we stop hanging on to how “disrespectful” Mary’s nail polish is, or the father’s wealth and his large property portfolio is Scotland etc. Three young children of a loving family were lost, and hundreds of other innocent victims, let’s focus on that. Everything else is irrelevant IMHO.
Star

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2019, 01:13:30 PM »

I absolutely can't bear seeing funeral photos when everyone is so obviously distressed

Take your pedopologies elsewhere
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2019, 02:05:18 PM »

I absolutely can't bear seeing funeral photos when everyone is so obviously distressed

These are just so, so sad. Everyone looks absolutely devastated.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »

I'll bash on Mosh 365 days a year, with the exception of occasions like this. She looks very appropriate to me and the way she is shielding/holding Isabela is beautiful.

I don't see the nail polish as a problem, but I do feel very uncomfortable dishing on people who are obviously going through a really traumatic event having to do with the deaths of young children. That IMO is unconscionable.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »

I'll bash on Mosh 365 days a year, with the exception of occasions like this. She looks very appropriate to me and the way she is shielding/holding Isabela is beautiful.

I don't see the nail polish as a problem, but I do feel very uncomfortable dishing on people who are obviously going through a really traumatic event having to do with the deaths of young children. That IMO is unconscionable.

I have to agree upon your post
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2019, 02:59:24 PM »

A neighbour of ours had a car accident some 25 years ago.  She lost her three children and her mother in that crash.  She and her husband have never recovered from it.  In fact, she has said she finds it harder to cope with now than when before, as now she thinks "maybe they'd be married by now, maybe have children of their own".  To lose a child, never mind children, is unfathomable - thankfully - to most of us, but at something like this anyone can get even just an echo of how awful that must be.

I've always found Mary to be an undemonstrative mother, who plays up the tactile touches and loving looks when there is a camera.  Not so here.  Not only does she, understandably, look very upset, but she is giving her children the comfort they are asking of her.  This is a dish-free occasion.

Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2019, 07:20:57 PM »

I could dish on Mary for the red nail polish AND the huge hat as it looks like nobody else wore a hat, not even the mother who had to lay her children to rest. But I truly believe Mary was just as shocked about this as everyone else and it showed - so no dishing here. Besides, nobody at this funeral cared.

As tragic as this is, I hope Fred and Mary sat down with their children, talked this through and explained to them the kind of world we live in where something like this happens. This tragedy may have been a reality check for many families realizing how lucky they are and I hope also for the Derfs. I always have my doubts when it comes to Fred and Mary‘s parenting skills and how they prepare their kids for life (also for a potential non-royal life without funding) but I hope they have lived up to their parental responsibility in this case.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 08:12:11 PM by Hermione » Logged
Kristallinchen

Huge Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2019, 07:46:49 PM »

I have to agree upon your post

Exactly, well said, kc.
The Grifter

Warned
Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2019, 08:00:59 PM »

Too true, KC.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2019, 08:31:00 PM »

Dear grifter, is your internet connection preventing you from posting more than 3 words at a time?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: