Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 Daisy - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 27655 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2019, 01:16:18 PM »

My husband and I have just agreed to spend Christmas in Denmark.  Simply because your PM politely declined our cartoon presidentís half-assed ďofferĒ.

See you all there!

(PS - laugh away and please post the memes on this).

(PPS - Daisy must be terribly relieved.)

Laughing Thumb up
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2019, 01:17:17 PM »

According to online articles, the US have tried to acquire Greenland before (in 1947):

https://time.com/5653894/trump-greenland-history/
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »

Well done, Daisy!
I was hoping she would just burst out laughing at him or blow civvies smoke in his face whenever he raised the issue, but this is even better.
Take all that wonderful state dinner food and throw a street party to raise money to help Greenland.  I would come!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2019, 04:10:18 PM »

Well done, Daisy!
I was hoping she would just burst out laughing at him or blow civvies smoke in his face whenever he raised the issue, but this is even better.
Take all that wonderful state dinner food and throw a street party to raise money to help Greenland.  I would come!

Hear! Hear!

Eve

Large Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2019, 04:38:49 PM »

Why do I have a feeling that Daisy is releaved by the news and she would rather be at home and see how her cat cough up a hair ball than be anywhere near this impossible man  Icecream
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2019, 08:27:36 PM »

The Danish royal court (rather diplomatically) called t a surprise and pointed out "this has never happened before"

Pretty rude and I hope Trump doesn't think he can just dictate another state visit when he chooses to calm down from his tantrum.

Nono

🤷‍♀️ To be honest, we were more offended by him thinking he could buy Greenland than by him having a tantrum and then staying away. The last part was almost to be expected. Spoiled brats and toddlers who donít get their way and discover they donít get to dictate how the world is run tend to react that way. And so does Trump.

So, on behalf of Denmark: Meh.

He is supposed to be coming here .... not sure what he might want ? 😂 Perhaps we can suggest we don't speak American Swamp .....🐊
List up the islands around, and let your PM convene in advance that none of them are for sale.
Seems now that he won't come without shopping spree possibilities.

Gosh, others take a stuffed animal or some pottery home when visiting a foreign country - why can't he be like the others?
(Then again, I wonder - what did the UK sell him when he last visited? The Orkneys? And we just don't know?)
KatyMc

Micro Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2019, 08:33:55 PM »

The Danish royal court (rather diplomatically) called t a surprise and pointed out "this has never happened before"

Pretty rude and I hope Trump doesn't think he can just dictate another state visit when he chooses to calm down from his tantrum.

Nono

🤷‍♀️ To be honest, we were more offended by him thinking he could buy Greenland than by him having a tantrum and then staying away. The last part was almost to be expected. Spoiled brats and toddlers who donít get their way and discover they donít get to dictate how the world is run tend to react that way. And so does Trump.

So, on behalf of Denmark: Meh.

He is supposed to be coming here .... not sure what he might want ? 😂 Perhaps we can suggest we don't speak American Swamp .....🐊
List up the islands around, and let your PM convene in advance that none of them are for sale.
Seems now that he won't come without shopping spree possibilities.

Gosh, others take a stuffed animal or some pottery home when visiting a foreign country - why can't he be like the others?
(Then again, I wonder - what did the UK sell him when he last visited? The Orkneys? And we just don't know?)

Literally think it was big family outing to Buckingham Palace and maybe a bit of carrot dangling re trade deals post Brexit
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »

For a board that doesn't allow politics it sure seems to come up a lot.

In this case itís pretty hard not to discuss when politics mixes with royalty.

You can blame Trump - literally. He invited himself, made Margrethe invite him officially and cancelled himself. Any other state leader would have done that, and everyone would have easily called it absurd. Seriously.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2019, 11:03:35 PM »

Donít laugh - Mary would swap Greenland for some dosh!

I think Fred might put his foot down in that case. He loves Greenland. Genuinely.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2019, 11:09:19 PM »

I just saw him call Mette Frederiksení, "nasty".  His fall back "insult" to strong women.  She's my new hero....pussy hats for everyone 

I'd apologize again but he's straight up insane, off the rails and such a total embarrassment it'd be redundant  Champagne pass the Jack Daniels please, and make it a double.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2019, 11:27:39 PM »

Why bother with a glass?  Take your Jack straight from the bottle!
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2019, 01:57:19 AM »

I just saw him call Mette Frederiksení, "nasty".  His fall back "insult" to strong women.  She's my new hero....pussy hats for everyone 

I'd apologize again but he's straight up insane, off the rails and such a total embarrassment it'd be redundant  Champagne pass the Jack Daniels please, and make it a double.

I think it's been discussed by people who are educated and experienced, that he may be "sundowning," something that happens at certain times of day when someone has dementia or nascent Alzheimer's, which his father did have and died from. His word salads and severe self aggrandizement may not only be his malignant narcissism, but other deteriorations as well. I'm sure the good people of Denmark are relieved.

If Denmark wants to buy the US, or even just California, sign me up!
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2019, 02:55:59 AM »

I thought I was immune to the crazy, but this weekís offer to buy Greenland and then cancel a state visit over it has shocked me. I am at a loss for words.

I was glad though for Royal Dish because I had much more knowledge about Greenlandís culture and history than my friends thanks to the coverage of royal visits.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2019, 05:30:53 AM »

The whole thing is absurd ..... at least Daisy now has some free space in her schedule - perhaps a quick visit to Greenland . . .
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2019, 11:01:58 AM »

This week I saw a short interview with the representative of Greenland in the Danish parlement, Aaja Chemnitz Larsen.  She came across as a nice, accurate and capable lady. What do the people of Greenland themselves think of the whole situation?

When asked if the Greenland inhabitants wanted to become part of USA she said a small part of the population would perhaps want to. But in general no. Greenland = Greenland. And also currently they have the Scandinavian model of health care and (free!!) education, this would be lost (and get worse) when having to switch to the USA.

In general she was neutral about the behavior or Trump and his cancellation of the state visit (by means of a Tweet!).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: