Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim and Marie are moving to Paris  (Read 60663 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »

I think it's a good thing for him. He's in a pretty tough position whether he'd actually like to work more or not: since Fred hardly works Joachim literally cannot do more and he gets crap for it, while Fred gets praised doing next to nothing. At the same time his children are lined up to be in a position where the press starts going after them too - that would personally p*iss me royally off if I were him (and Alex and Marie) - so no wonder he's taking a break, doing something that's going to be fun for him, great for Marie and fantastic for the kids. Well, Felix might end up missing him but he's getting older too and can visit and get visits often since Paris isn't far away. Bonus: Fred and Mary will be very visible in all their lazy dysfunction Beer
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »

Remember how strained Marie looked last time we saw her near Mosh? Plus this will get little Athena further away from her badly brought  up cousin. Good move.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 10:33:07 AM »

This will also mean MUCH more coverage of Marie - by media outlets that don’t have to go soft on Mary and relegate Marie out of the spotlight.
YellowPoppy

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 10:49:10 AM »

Remember how strained Marie looked last time we saw her near Mosh? Plus this will get little Athena further away from her badly brought  up cousin. Good move.

I don’t think Athena is better educated, my opinion of course Smiley

Once you are Real you can?t be ugly, except to people who don?t understand. - The Velveteen Rabbit
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 11:05:33 AM »

Athena may not be better educated but her parents are raising her better than Josie is being raised.  Yes they both have different personalities but the point of being a parent is making sure your children are well-mannered with good values and appropriate boundaries. Athena seems to be getting that from her parents,  Josie not so much.
Seagull
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 11:49:08 AM »

That's a very exciting news! Glad for the whole family, I am. I like Marie. She has that aura of quiet happiness about her. But so far her royal life has been somewhat uneventful. So Paris and France will bring a bit of thrill for children and a measure of novelty to both parents I'm sure.

“In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.”
Buddha
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 05:56:42 PM »

Athena may not be better educated but her parents are raising her better than Josie is being raised.  Yes they both have different personalities but the point of being a parent is making sure your children are well-mannered with good values and appropriate boundaries. Athena seems to be getting that from her parents,  Josie not so much.

From all the pictures and videos I've seen, Josie looks like a real terror. Hopefully she will grow out of it but with her parents, idk.  Cry
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 03:26:09 AM »

I think it will be fun for them to have time in France. However I wonder if Joachim is using a training place that would have otherwise have gone to a full time serving Danish soldier who would then bring that expertise back to their job in Denmark.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 03:40:28 AM »

Happy for them hope they have a lovely stay. 
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2019, 10:37:29 AM »

Best of luck for Joachim, Marie and the kids!
Hope that everything will turn out well   Smiley
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2019, 10:48:13 AM »

I think it will be fun for them to have time in France. However I wonder if Joachim is using a training place that would have otherwise have gone to a full time serving Danish soldier who would then bring that expertise back to their job in Denmark.

It would have been created as an extra place I would think.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2019, 12:53:14 PM »

I think I read that he is the first person from Denmark to be invited.  I look it up again a try to fine it for sure. 
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2019, 10:26:18 PM »

An incredible opportunity however he came by it. May he make the most of it and may Denmark be better for it. Champagne

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2019, 10:38:50 PM »

Joachim will move to Paris with his family for military training from September until the summer of 2020

http://kongehuset.dk/en/n...litary-training-in-france

The French minister of defense has invited His Royal Highness Prince Joachim to participate in France’s highest ranking military training course. In this connection, Prince Joachim and Her Royal Highness Princess Marie and the couple’s two children, Prince Henrik and Princess Athena, will move to Paris.
As of September of this year until summer of 2020, Prince Joachim will take part in France’s highest ranking military leadership training. The French minister of defense has invited the Prince to participate in the training following the state visit from France to Denmark last year, where one of the main themes was strategic partnerships in the areas of trade, culture and defense. The Prince is the first Danish officer to participate in this training.

The training takes place six days a week at École Militaire in Paris and consists of two parts, one by the Centre des Hautes Études Militaires (CHEM) [Center for Advanced Military Studies] and one by the Institut des Hautes Études de la Défense Nationale (IHEDN) [Institute for Higher National Defense Studies].

The majority of the studies will take place at CHEM and consist of military studies at the highest level. The training is for 30 selected officers with the rank of colonel or captain (N), and the main topics are strategic military leadership and international relations. The participants are primarily from France, plus some from France’s strategic partner countries.

The military studies are supplemented with studies at IHEDN in strategic leadership and public administration, with the addition of some 70 business leaders, parliamentarians and government officials, as well as representatives from the media. Here, international relations in the areas of trade, politics, culture and military disciplines are debated and discussed, just as crisis management and experience exchange are among the topics. 

The additional training in France supplements Prince Joachim’s current post in the Danish Defence, where the Prince is special advisor to the chief of defense in relation to the reserve since 2015.

Prince Joachim and his family will move to Paris in summer.

The stay in France does not involve any changes in the couple’s ties to their patronages and partner organizations.

Found it.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 09:26:07 PM »

This is nice news for everyone, except maybe Daisy, who will probably miss her favorite DIL...and only competent son.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: