Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joachim and Marie are moving to Paris  (Read 55186 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2020, 06:09:57 PM »

I agree periwinkle, plus we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I can easily imagine, Yrma plotting and poisoning minds against the Schacks.

Plus it's good for the little ones to experience their mother's culture as well! It will make them richer human beings.

Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2020, 06:32:33 PM »

While attending his course keep his allowance was more acceptable but now moving for at least 3 years (and possibly longer) it's not the best look especially when you consider that going forward allowances are being limited to only future monarchs (Christian) and this summer Felix will turn 18 and therefore Alexandra will give up her allowance.  I understand each side of the argument and I just hope that at least Marie is as visible as possible so they are being seen to "earn" their allowance.  I would be more comfortable with a more Princess Madeleine of Sweden approach where they receive an allowance only for duties preformed.
Jokke seems to have got  the "half"-in, "half"-out approach to royal life right/approved where other 6ths in line have failed. In Jokke's case, he actually does work. This was and is a wonderful opportunity for him and his family. Hopefully he will do the right thing and follow the Madeleine Model.

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
periwinkle

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2020, 07:45:55 PM »

Maybe he'll return to Denmark become a general then eventually take over the throne from Dumb-dumb and Madame lol. A peaceful coup.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2020, 08:14:00 PM »

OMG, your word in the universe's ear  Tongue

fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2020, 02:36:43 PM »

It looks obvious that J& M's stay in France and the whole CP  family staying in Switzerland  for a whole term must have meant  something. I can't explain, but I felt it was weird. And now this? Well, I don't know what to think of it. I reckon something must be going on behind the scenes, like so many of you have already pointed out. Odd,pretty odd.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2020, 02:54:30 PM »

It looks obvious that J& M's stay in France and the whole CP  family staying in Switzerland  for a whole term must have meant  something. I can't explain, but I felt it was weird. And now this? Well, I don't know what to think of it. I reckon something must be going on behind the scenes, like so many of you have already pointed out. Odd,pretty odd.

Jokke wants out - kind of understandible. He would have the work, but his brother and family would have the perks. We don't know what is wrong with Frodo, but there is certainly something wrong - he is practically invisible, just turning up the odd times. Christian will be 15 later this year - so basically it is another three years before he -technically speaking- could take over and it is likely that Marge -now 80, then 83- will be on the throne that long. So Jokke is not needed. Whatever is wrong there - it is impossible for him to fix - he can't be a shadow king, doing the job his brother can't do, at the same time fighting off his over ambitious sister-in-law and end up with nothing for him personally. The way is set - Frodo will be king and will have to do the job somehow with the help of his wife and his four children. There is no space for Jokke.

Also - if he brings the kids too much into the limelight - the Danish tax-payer is clearly not prepared keeping eight royal children, their sprouses and their kids in their rather luxerious lifestyle so he needs to raise his kids in a "normal" way, away from the royal world, that their way is paved into the work of a normal working adult. In Denmark he will always be the center of attention - so he picked France.

He is doing it quite clever - his move shows that he is no longer a member of the royal circle, but with his "I am still in" he is in until Christian is 18 (the three year period) and then he can leave the ship - no matter how far it has sunk. There is heir and heir next generation and they can do the job from there.

fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2020, 02:58:01 PM »

Jokke wants out - kind of understandible. He would have the work, but his brother and family would have the perks. We don't know what is wrong with Frodo, but there is certainly something wrong - he is practically invisible, just turning up the odd times. Christian will be 15 later this year - so basically it is another three years before he -technically speaking- could take over and it is likely that Marge -now 80, then 83- will be on the throne that long. So Jokke is not needed. Whatever is wrong there - it is impossible for him to fix - he can't be a shadow king, doing the job his brother can't do, at the same time fighting off his over ambitious sister-in-law and end up with nothing for him personally. The way is set - Frodo will be king and will have to do the job somehow with the help of his wife and his four children. There is no space for Jokke.

Also - if he brings the kids too much into the limelight - the Danish tax-payer is clearly not prepared keeping eight royal children, their sprouses and their kids in their rather luxerious lifestyle so he needs to raise his kids in a "normal" way, away from the royal world, that their way is paved into the work of a normal working adult. In Denmark he will always be the center of attention - so he picked France.

He is doing it quite clever - his move shows that he is no longer a member of the royal circle, but with his "I am still in" he is in until Christian is 18 (the three year period) and then he can leave the ship - no matter how far it has sunk. There is heir and heir next generation and they can do the job from there.

Star Thanks, Miss Marple. Extremely well thought and explained.
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2020, 03:06:45 PM »

Star Thanks, Miss Marple. Extremely well thought and explained.

If Joachim and Marie want to stay in France permanently they should also get rid of their apanages.

Otherwise I feel like there would double standards.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2020, 03:08:13 PM »

I think that will be the next step: They will do this until Christian is 18 (conveniently three years) and then they will announce they are leaving for good. As they have been gone for four years then it won't make big headlines.
BubbaGumpShrimp

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2020, 12:48:49 PM »

So, Danish parliament is going to be discussing/approving whether Jokke can bring his apanage with him for the next three years, but it looks like they may be gearing up for a big discussion, since it has just been revealed that a regular defense attaché costs about DKK  2,560,000 a year (with about DKK 1,750,000 going towards paying the attaché's salary and residence), compared to Jokkes DKK 3,800,000 a year. He or Marie better be carrying out some duties in Denmark over the next three years.

Also interesting public debate going on about whether the hiring process was unduly shortened or affected by Jokke, since the days when the royals could alter military decisions are supposed to be over.

I fully support him trying to forge a new path for himself, but this is not a good look for somebody who the majority of the Danish public sees as snooty and entitled
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2020, 01:01:48 PM »

So, Danish parliament is going to be discussing/approving whether Jokke can bring his apanage with him for the next three years, but it looks like they may be gearing up for a big discussion, since it has just been revealed that a regular defense attaché costs about DKK  2,560,000 a year (with about DKK 1,750,000 going towards paying the attaché's salary and residence), compared to Jokkes DKK 3,800,000 a year. He or Marie better be carrying out some duties in Denmark over the next three years.

Also interesting public debate going on about whether the hiring process was unduly shortened or affected by Jokke, since the days when the royals could alter military decisions are supposed to be over.

I fully support him trying to forge a new path for himself, but this is not a good look for somebody who the majority of the Danish public sees as snooty and entitled

Do you have any links?

I foresee little will come out of any debate because Marge has approved the plan and whilst people love to shit on Joachim whether it’s fair not, Marge gets away with everything.
BubbaGumpShrimp

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »

https://www.bt.dk/royale/...uvaerende-forsvarsattache

https://www.bt.dk/royale/...-fordel-for-prins-joachim

Yes, the newspaper is a bit of a rag, and their stance is critical so this is right up their alley. This does reflect what I'm hearing from Danish friends and relations
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »

Part of the criticism is definitely fair but nothing will come out of this. No other parties will support the anti-monarchy agenda that it obviously is and tbh it’s quite unfair that only Joachim and his family are scapegoats when the injustice of monarchy is up for debate.

Marge prepared this shitfest when she made sure Joachim was given a public  fee and later Alexandra too. Yet she is above criticism Beer Just as Fred gets away with doing nothing and Joachim, thus not being able to work very much, gets shit on whether he works as a prince or if he tries to move beyond it and gets an actual job.

It will be interesting if Isabella, Vincent and Josephine will be equally criticised when they are adults..
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2020, 02:16:01 PM »

He is the Danish Harry .... the seconds who get pushed down the line need to be properly prepared and have a real life plan for their future and not on a public payroll.... they are no different to the younger sons of aristocracy ... the family needs to finance their lives .... or find a way for them to do so
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2020, 02:52:07 PM »

Harry is O/T.

I think Margrethe and Henrik tried but failed preparing Joachim for the future so it is not just on him. It’s definitely with Marge’s blessing that Joachim is on a public fee so she’s far from innocent in this matter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: